Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndie Millionaire thought  (Read 3006 times)

zachhoran

Syndie Millionaire thought
« on: October 27, 2003, 11:05:18 AM »
As we know, contestants on this season of Millionaire have to pay their own way to NYC. Therefore, the contestants who fail to make it to the $1000 level end up winning nothing(in the past they got the free trip to NYC). Is there a lovely parting gift for those $0 Hot Seat winners? None is announced during the show.

Little Big Brother

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 11:13:05 AM »
This is pure guessing on my part, and I have nothing to back up this guess, but if they decide to do another Zero Dollar Winner week, they may pay the way for those contestants to come back.  Not exactly a parting gift, but a second chance is better than nothing.

Although, with the way the goose eggs have been dropping this season, it could be a ZD month rather than a week.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 11:18:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Oct 27 2003, 11:13 AM\'] This is pure guessing on my part, and I have nothing to back up this guess, but if they decide to do another Zero Dollar Winner week, they may pay the way for those contestants to come back.  Not exactly a parting gift, but a second chance is better than nothing.

Although, with the way the goose eggs have been dropping this season, it could be a ZD month rather than a week. [/quote]
 They did have a Zero Dollar winner return week last season, so that is possible

Steve McClellan

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 12:20:12 PM »
When I taped my episode last week, Leigh Hampton mentioned that there have been nine zeroes this season. No mention was made of them receiving anything for their efforts (except the free food in the contestant kitchen, of course). :)

Michael Brandenburg

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 07:59:13 PM »
In response to the following question from Zach Horan that was asked in this thread on 10-27-2003:

Is there a lovely parting gift for those $0 [WWTBAM] Hot Seat winners? None is announced during the show.

I wouldn't rule out a contestant on that show leaving with absolutely nothing after missing any of the first five questions in his/her stack -- I know that losing contestants on Weakest Link did leave with nothing!

Michael Brandenburg
   (Of course, there was that one game show that Wink Martindale hosted a few years ago in which contestants were very happy to end up with nothing!)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 08:58:10 AM »
I wouldn't rule out a contestant on that show leaving with absolutely nothing after missing any of the first five questions in his/her stack -- I know that losing contestants on Weakest Link did leave with nothing!

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but it brings to mind an interseting question.

Let's say you're in the Hot Seat, and struggling on the first five questions.  You've already used two or all three Lifelines.  Knowing that they've brought back $0 winners in the past, do you purposely blow the $1000 question in hopes of being brought back for another chance, or do you go on knowing you'll probably only win a small amount of money?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Little Big Brother

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 09:47:16 AM »
Let's say you're in the Hot Seat, and struggling on the first five questions. You've already used two or all three Lifelines. Knowing that they've brought back $0 winners in the past, do you purposely blow the $1000 question in hopes of being brought back for another chance, or do you go on knowing you'll probably only win a small amount of money?

You should definitely go for it.  There was a contestant last week who had used all of her lifelines before $1000 and guessed on the $1000 question.  She got it right and then zoomed up the ladder to $32k, unfortunately missing the second milestone with, what I would consider to be, a terrible guess.  However, she thought that she was going to leave with nothing and could have left with at least $16k.

Also, if the producers figured out that someone threw the question so they could potentially be brought back, that contestant would probably find their appearance completely edited out and not be invited back.  If there's one thing that looks bad on game shows (not counting reality-ish shows) it is poor sportsmanship.