Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey, Buddy, Where's Your Tie?  (Read 9691 times)

Don Howard

Hey, Buddy, Where's Your Tie?
« on: April 11, 2009, 10:51:58 AM »
Since I don't get to see The Price Is Right very often, I'll ask you all.
The last few times I've hit and skipped on TPiR, I've seen a tieless Drew Carey with unkept hair.
Has this been his regular wardrobe and hair style of choice for a good while?
Whatever happened to that jolly fellow with the crew cut and suit and tie we fell for?

Millionaire81

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 12:11:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'212685\' date=\'Apr 11 2009, 09:51 AM\']
Whatever happened to that jolly fellow with the crew cut and suit and tie we fell for?
[/quote]

He was overanalyzed and ripped to pieces by uber-fans.  This is his replacement.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 12:18:21 PM »
That's what happens when you go to a wedding reception prior to taping.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DJDustman

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 12:25:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'212685\' date=\'Apr 11 2009, 10:51 AM\']
Since I don't get to see The Price Is Right very often, I'll ask you all.
The last few times I've hit and skipped on TPiR, I've seen a tieless Drew Carey with unkept hair.
Has this been his regular wardrobe and hair style of choice for a good while?
[/quote]

It's 50/50, he'll have a tie one day, and no tie the next. This is has been going since DiPirro took over?

Clay Zambo

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 12:39:36 PM »
I haven't been watching regularly enough to notice a pattern; I was thinking it was some sort of TPiR "Casual Friday."  I just wish he'd lose the ridiculous soul patch.
czambo@mac.com

Chief-O

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 01:06:19 PM »
I can't speak for the unkempt hair part of things, but I've definitely noticed the more modern glasses [as opposed to his trademark round-ish frames] and the soul patch. Perhaps he's trying to redefine himself; trying to shed the image of "Drew Carey the comedian" and taking on the image of "Drew Carey the game show host".

/but the comedian part of him still comes through on air
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:06:53 PM by Chief-O »
.....and it goes like this!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 02:44:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' post=\'212694\' date=\'Apr 11 2009, 09:11 AM\']
He was overanalyzed and ripped to pieces by uber-fans.  This is his replacement.[/quote]
You. I like you.

I haven't seen TPiR in a looooong time (but now y'all have me curious), but I know when he's been up here for Sounders FC games, he's very much in his non-TV-star mode: no glasses, no crewcut.

(I'm goin' to the game today, and I plan to get there as early as the Sharks and Bruins will let me. Who knows, maybe I'll see 'im.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TroubadourNando

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 08:07:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' post=\'212694\' date=\'Apr 11 2009, 12:11 PM\']
[/quote]

He was overanalyzed and ripped to pieces by uber-fans.  This is his replacement.
[/quote]

I'm glad to know that's what you call asking for decent hosting (which, ironically enough, began happening more often once he lost the usual glasses)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 08:37:19 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'212746\' date=\'Apr 11 2009, 07:07 PM\']
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' post=\'212694\' date=\'Apr 11 2009, 12:11 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm glad to know that's what you call asking for decent hosting (which, ironically enough, began happening more often once he lost the usual glasses)
[/quote]

What? He's kinda right, considering certain fans' reactions...
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

chad1m

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 08:49:51 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'212746\' date=\'Apr 11 2009, 08:07 PM\']I'm glad to know that's what you call asking for decent hosting (which, ironically enough, began happening more often once he lost the usual glasses)[/quote]"Nando", may I ask what game show hosts you do like?

CarShark

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 09:58:34 PM »
I mean...we can't even discuss Drew having a tie now? Really? To me, it's just him transitioning from Drew Carey: Fictional Character to Drew Carey: How He Really Is, running parallel to the show becoming more casual and party-like.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 10:07:12 PM »
I don't get why there's even a debate about this.  As long as Drew hosts the show decently (which he is about half the time lately), who cares whether or not he's got a tie on?

PYLdude

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 10:14:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'212755\' date=\'Apr 11 2009, 09:07 PM\']
I don't get why there's even a debate about this.  As long as Drew hosts the show decently (which he is about half the time lately), who cares whether or not he's got a tie on?
[/quote]

I think the OP was being sarcastic, honestly.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

pentellit

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 10:31:43 PM »
Hi, I’ve been a member here for awhile but this is my first posting.  I am looking for a safe place to;  Like this new Price, like Drew (and his non-traditional wardrobe!), be glad that Barker-Roger-Bart got booted, and be able to post so without some fanbois getting hysterical.  g-r.net is alot of Drew bashing, bash changes, bitterness now.

I like this new Price, I like Drew, people who work the show are happy for the first time in ages, Drew is finding his rhythm and I think the April Fools show was the best Price in a decade. Is it ok to say that here?

PYLdude

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 10:37:54 PM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'212759\' date=\'Apr 11 2009, 09:31 PM\']
Hi, I’ve been a member here for awhile but this is my first posting.  I am looking for a safe place to;  Like this new Price, like Drew (and his non-traditional wardrobe!), be glad that Barker-Roger-Bart got booted, and be able to post so without some fanbois getting hysterical.  g-r.net is alot of Drew bashing, bash changes, bitterness now.

I like this new Price, I like Drew, people who work the show are happy for the first time in ages, Drew is finding his rhythm and I think the April Fools show was the best Price in a decade. Is it ok to say that here?
[/quote]

Let's put it this way...it won't get you banned here.