Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Starcade episodes  (Read 3170 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Starcade episodes
« on: October 26, 2003, 11:52:43 AM »
This one has the first five episodes with Mark Richards.

http://www.starcade.tv/Starcade/BackO/store/default.asp

ChuckNet

Starcade episodes
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 12:04:47 PM »
And to top it off, you also get a free Starcade T-shirt (a replica of the one worn on the early Richards eps) plus some little stuffed creatures called "Starcade Weepils" w/your order...the $39.95 price is kinda steep, though.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

PeterMarshallFan

Starcade episodes
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 12:36:23 PM »
I suppose once it gets out to stores, the price will go down.

As for me, I can wait [I don't have a DVD player]

dmota104

Starcade episodes
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 01:04:36 PM »
Hmmm, think I'll put that on my wish list to Santa.  :)

As for Starcade being "TV's first (and only) video arcade game show", that's somewhat of a misnomer.  Sure, you could make the cases for "Video Power" with Johnny Arcade and "Nick Arcade" -- but those shows mainly (if not, only) dealt with home video games (Nintendo, Sega, et al).

I'm surprised JM hasn't dedicated a website on "The Video Game" with Greg Winfield -- their other game show production that saw the light beyond the pilot stage.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Starcade episodes
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 04:59:04 PM »
Y'know, does anything in the presentation suggest that these are the first five? Being a friend of sorts to the JM people, I will surely purchase this, but it wouldn't make a ton of sense to pick out five random shows, wouldn't you say?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Starcade episodes
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 06:03:55 PM »
[quote name=\'dmota104\' date=\'Oct 26 2003, 01:04 PM\'] Hmmm, think I'll put that on my wish list to Santa.  :)

As for Starcade being "TV's first (and only) video arcade game show", that's somewhat of a misnomer.  Sure, you could make the cases for "Video Power" with Johnny Arcade and "Nick Arcade" -- but those shows mainly (if not, only) dealt with home video games (Nintendo, Sega, et al).

I'm surprised JM hasn't dedicated a website on "The Video Game" with Greg Winfield -- their other game show production that saw the light beyond the pilot stage. [/quote]
 "The Video Game"...is that the one where players ran through a "video game mall" in the bonus round; always picked up some kind of backpack, and came down a slide to end it?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Starcade episodes
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 06:16:13 PM »
"The Video Game"...is that the one where players ran through a "video game mall" in the bonus round; always picked up some kind of backpack, and came down a slide to end it?

That's the bonus round to "Video Power." Players wore a velcro suit and stuck as many classic cartridge boxes to themselves as they could before sliding down a chute.

"The Video Game" could best be described as TPIR meets the arcade.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

ChuckNet

Starcade episodes
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 12:18:29 AM »
I suppose once it gets out to stores, the price will go down.

(shrugs) I can get all my Starcade eps off G4, so this particular DVD's of little interest to me...be nice if JM sold those logo tees separately, though.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")