Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NYers, come on down!  (Read 1988 times)

ChuckNet

NYers, come on down!
« on: March 22, 2009, 10:08:11 PM »
More details can be found here: Borders Park Ave.

I know where I'm gonna be in 2 1/2 wks, that's for sure. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Eager "Chuckie Baby")

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
NYers, come on down!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:12:38 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' post=\'211003\' date=\'Mar 22 2009, 10:08 PM\']

[/quote]
Absolutely. What a day that'll be!
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

cmjb13

NYers, come on down!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 06:38:33 PM »
A few notes...

According to the gentleman that books the events, you have to buy a book to get an autograph (for those wondering if you could get something autographed without the book)

It is unknown at this time (I hope to have more info shortly) if he will autograph anything in addition to the book or if he will pose for photos.

Event is about 1 hour.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:38:45 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
NYers, come on down!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:05:57 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'211068\' date=\'Mar 23 2009, 06:38 PM\']
A few notes...

According to the gentleman that books the events, you have to buy a book to get an autograph (for those wondering if you could get something autographed without the book)

It is unknown at this time (I hope to have more info shortly) if he will autograph anything in addition to the book or if he will pose for photos.

Event is about 1 hour.
[/quote]
Oh, that's fine with me. I was gonna buy the book anyway, and to have one signed by the man himself is a real treat.

Thanks in advance for the follow-up info...looking forward to hearing about pictures and other autographs.
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services

Stevek83

NYers, come on down!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 11:11:06 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' post=\'211003\' date=\'Mar 22 2009, 09:08 PM\']

[/quote]

Thanks for the info! I'm gonna try to make it there after work.

cmjb13

NYers, come on down!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 04:17:55 PM »
Not much of an update, but..

Still no word on additional autographs or posing for photos.

His presentation will go 30-60 minutes followed by the book signing.

I was told it's advisable to line up several hours before. 12 noon for a 7:30-8:00 book signing is not bad advice. They said they've already gotten several calls about the signing and to check for updates on the borders website.

They also said they try to get everyone an autograph and not have anyone on line leave empty handed.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 12:33:03 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

cmjb13

NYers, come on down!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 12:34:45 PM »
Just got a phone call. Here's the official word.

-He's not personalizing the book.

-There are no limits on how many books you want signed.

-Pictures are allowed. Borders staff will be taking the pictures. (I assume if you are with a friend they will take it)

-He will not sign any other items except the book.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
NYers, come on down!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 12:57:15 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'211068\' date=\'Mar 23 2009, 05:38 PM\']
[/quote]
Usually that's SOP for a book signing, although you don't necessarily have to buy the book at that particular store (I went to a book signing for a book that I had already bought elsewhere and got it signed anyway).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
NYers, come on down!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 01:55:39 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'211587\' date=\'Mar 31 2009, 12:57 PM\']
[/quote]
Usually that's SOP for a book signing, although you don't necessarily have to buy the book at that particular store (I went to a book signing for a book that I had already bought elsewhere and got it signed anyway).
[/quote]
Does anyone know if this is the case with this particular signing? Book is probably much cheaper over here in CT than it would be over in NY.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
NYers, come on down!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 02:12:36 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'211593\' date=\'Mar 31 2009, 12:55 PM\']
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'211587\' date=\'Mar 31 2009, 12:57 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Does anyone know if this is the case with this particular signing? Book is probably much cheaper over here in CT than it would be over in NY.
[/quote]
I would check with that Border's in NYC and see.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BillCullen1

NYers, come on down!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »
I can just imagine at a bookstore, not in NY but in CA. A former Barker's Beauty, like Dian or Holly, show up, get a copy of the book and request that Bob do something with it - but NOT sign it.