Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Live Going on Nationwide Mall Tour  (Read 14752 times)

chad1m

GSN Live Going on Nationwide Mall Tour
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'209876\' date=\'Mar 9 2009, 11:44 AM\']except perhaps to root Chad on.[/quote]You're a good man, Mr. Ottinger. :)

goongas

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »
That's fine that he traveled just as far as I did, but saying you live in Pennsylvania and was found at the Philly search sounds a heckuva lot more promotable than "He traveled all the way from CT just to audition", which, sounds every bit as dorky as it was, just to drive down there for this....But I certainly don't regret it , and I certainly had a good time.

Adam lives in New York as far as I know.  I don't know what he told the producers though.  I agree, they are not going for emulation of the classic hosts you mentioned.  GSN Live is a talk show first before it is a game show as far as I know (I have seen it for like ten minutes).  They are looking for more of a talk show host, so the talk show host qualities have to come out even though you are hosting a game show, in my opinion.  I believe ultimately if they find a good enough candidate, one of the city winners may get a permanent job on GSN Live, in my opinion.  Matt, your performance was very good, I could tell you were not a stranger to being an on camera personality.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:38:07 PM by goongas »

itiparanoid13

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2009, 03:39:52 PM »
I believe ultimately if they find a good enough candidate, one of the city winners may get a permanent job on GSN Live, in my opinion.

Given what I've heard and know, without getting into private details, this isn't the case.  The small on-air segment is fine, but the big prize here is a 4 day $5,000 trip to LA.  I'd be extremely interested in that part.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:40:54 PM by itiparanoid13 »

tvwxman

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2009, 03:44:46 PM »
I asked as well : they said this is not an on-air tryout for a permanent gig.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

goongas

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2009, 04:47:50 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'209926\' date=\'Mar 9 2009, 03:44 PM\']
I asked as well : they said this is not an on-air tryout for a permanent gig.
[/quote]

My mistake.  I didn't think they would go through the trouble of having people host live on-air without the possibility of hiring one of then.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »
To everyone who went this past weekend, thank you very much for sharing your experiences and advice, not only with me, but with anyone else who's thinking of going.

Although I think the one in St. Louis would be an interesting day road-trip and sounds like it's a lot of fun, I'll save my money and stick around here.  I'd have to leave around 3:30 AM just to get there by 10!

So, to all of you who will be trying out in St. Louis or elsewhere, good luck to you, and I look forward to hopefully seeing you on GSN live in the future!

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

pds319

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 11:02:40 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'209894\' date=\'Mar 9 2009, 01:33 PM\']
[quote name=\'pds319\' post=\'209844\' date=\'Mar 8 2009, 10:47 PM\']
IMO I thought the first guy (Matt from MA) did a good job from the few minutes I saw and my friend said Cory did a good job as well.
[/quote]
Thank you. That's nice of you to say.
[/quote]
I really thought you would be up there. Very personable and you knew how to work the crowd from the couple minutes I saw.

chad1m

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 08:30:10 PM »
I snagged a few pictures from the Philly tour from a wire site that had some pics:

Alfonso with the winner
Alfonso and a staffer in front of the prize wheel (The prizes listed, in order, are: $25, GSN Shop (gift card?), Nescafe Taster's Choice, GSN Radio Game, $50, GSN Grab Bag, $200, GSN Shop game, Mystery, $100, GSN Gran Bag and "Comcast". If someone could help me with what some of the not-so-obvious represent, that would be nice.
Alfonso with some staffers at the trivia positions.
Alfonso and the mall staff in front what appears to be the host's podium
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:07:51 AM by chad1m »

pds319

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2009, 09:55:19 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'210038\' date=\'Mar 10 2009, 08:30 PM\']
I snagged a few pictures from the Philly tour from a wire site that had some pics:

Alfonso with the winner
Alfonso and a contestant in front of the prize wheel (The prizes listed, in order, are: $25, GSN Shop (gift card?), Nescafe Taster's Choice, GSN Radio Game, $50, GSN Grab Bag, $200, GSN Shop game, Mystery, $100, GSN Gran Bag and "Comcast". If someone could help me with what some of the not-so-obvious represent, that would be nice.
Alfonso with some contestants at their trivia positions.
[/quote]
Aside from Adam, all the other people in the photos were part of the crew. I took close to 300 photos for an article and can upload some if you guys want. Here are a few:
Alfonso 1 2
Hosts & Contestants 1 2

goongas

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2009, 12:00:50 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'210038\' date=\'Mar 10 2009, 08:30 PM\']

Alfonso with the winner
Alfonso and a contestant in front of the prize wheel (The prizes listed, in order, are: $25, GSN Shop (gift card?), Nescafe Taster's Choice, GSN Radio Game, $50, GSN Grab Bag, $200, GSN Shop game, Mystery, $100, GSN Gran Bag and "Comcast". If someone could help me with what some of the not-so-obvious represent, that would be nice.
Alfonso with some contestants at their trivia positions.
[/quote]

GSN Shop is probably a DVD game that they were giving away.  Nescafe Taster's choice was just $25.  Radio Game was a Imagination board game of one of the GSN Radio games like Fact or Crap.  Grab Bag was a bag full of very cheap things not worth anything (pair of GSN dice, buzzer that hardly makes a sound, etc.).  I don't know what the others were because they were not landed on.  Chad's third picture, the woman standing all the way to the left was one of the judges.  Notice how Adam and Alfonso and Danny Seckel dressed.  None of them wore suits.  I think if you are what they are looking for in regards to the host contest, you won't be disqualified for wearing a suit, but don't feel the need to necessarily wear a suit, IMHO.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:05:25 AM by goongas »

snowpeck

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »
[quote name=\'pds319\' post=\'210047\' date=\'Mar 10 2009, 08:55 PM\']
Aside from Adam, all the other people in the photos were part of the crew. I took close to 300 photos for an article and can upload some if you guys want. Here are a few:
Alfonso 1 2
Hosts & Contestants 1 2
[/quote]

Any pics of Adam hosting? Would love to actually see him in action.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

pds319

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2009, 08:48:28 AM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'210235\' date=\'Mar 12 2009, 09:11 PM\']
[quote name=\'pds319\' post=\'210047\' date=\'Mar 10 2009, 08:55 PM\']
Alfonso 1 2
Hosts & Contestants 1 2
[/quote]

Any pics of Adam hosting? Would love to actually see him in action.

Greg
[/quote]
Unfortunately no. I don't have pics of anyone hosting as I was backstage prepping for my turn "auditioning." My friend may have gotten some so I'll check out his camera.

davewalls

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2009, 02:25:04 PM »
[quote name=\'pds319\' post=\'210047\' date=\'Mar 10 2009, 09:55 PM\']
Hosts & Contestants 2 [/quote]

Nice shot! Too bad I missed out on the $250. I needed (literally) 2 more points. Still,
$100 and a Family Feud DVD game for hanging out for about an hour. Not bad.

Agree with the other that have posted. Good time, but not worth traveling hours and hours to get to.
They're kinda looking for someone who can be fun, but perhaps a little green. That's the idea I get.
No sour grapes, though. It was fun.
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

gsfan85

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2009, 06:41:11 PM »
Hey folks!  Thanks to everyone for the kind words.  Was such an exciting day in Philly, and I got to meet some great people!  

Apparently according to someone on my facebook, a segment aired about me and the GSN Live tour in Philly today on GSN Live (during Jeopardy I think, possibly more).  

Did anyone DVR/TiVO/record GSN Live today?  I would love to have this!

Thanks folks.  If anyone has constructive criticism or suggestions for my hosting, you can watch "Eastern Expedition," the show I created/produced/hosted in college online at:

http://www.easternct.edu/depts/easterntv/e...nexpedition.htm
I suggest not watching 401 and 402...they were the first taped of the season, they're a bit rocky :-)

-Adam

gsfan85

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' post=\'210299\' date=\'Mar 13 2009, 06:41 PM\']
Hey folks!  Thanks to everyone for the kind words.  Was such an exciting day in Philly, and I got to meet some great people!  

Apparently according to someone on my facebook, a segment aired about me and the GSN Live tour in Philly today on GSN Live (during Jeopardy I think, possibly more).  

Did anyone DVR/TiVO/record GSN Live today?  I would love to have this!

Thanks folks.  If anyone has constructive criticism or suggestions for my hosting, you can watch "Eastern Expedition," the show I created/produced/hosted in college online at:

http://www.easternct.edu/depts/easterntv/e...nexpedition.htm
I suggest not watching 401 and 402...they were the first taped of the season, they're a bit rocky :-)

-Adam
[/quote]

Sorry folks...the link apparently has changed since...it's now:
http://nutmeg.easternct.edu/easterntelevis...nexpedition.htm

-Adam