Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: And Here's Your Host, The Star of The Newlywed Game...  (Read 14979 times)

Johnissoevil

And Here's Your Host, The Star of The Newlywed Game...
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2009, 02:26:10 AM »
I'm just going to say a few basic things about the show, not going to get into details here.  To those of you who said that only Bob Eubanks could host The Newlywed Game, your local restaurant is serving a dish of crow.  Barbecue sauce costs 5 cents extra.  :-P

Speaking of Mr. Eubanks, I'm sure if he's watching this new version, he's very proud of how well Carnie is filling his shoes.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

JakeT

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2009, 07:40:38 PM »
After watching today's (04/14/09) episode, just one question came to mind...

Do you REALLY want to give the losing couples a big block of sharp kitchen knives as a consolation prize?  Just a thought...

JakeT

RyanCDN

« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2009, 03:33:57 AM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' post=\'212626\' date=\'Apr 10 2009, 06:59 PM\']
Well, after watching a full week of this new version, I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised.  While I did my best to reserve judgment, I was just certain that no one could fill Bob Eubanks' shoes on this show.  I can now admit to myself just how wrong I was.  Although I had been a fan of Carnie Wilson in the past, she left me cringing after her "Celeb-bad-magical-poop-sorta-thing" appearances so I really did dread seeing her host.  My dread was for naught as she is just about perfect for this format and I find myself a born-again Carnie fan.  Also, I'm happy to see that the show is now just current enough while retaining so much
[/quote]

I agree with you Jake, she  fits the show rather nicely.  I had some reservations, but I do enjoy her as host.  maybe I was having some bad flashbacks to GS Marathon and Lake's attempt to host, but I think Carnie fits the role nicely.  I admit, she is no Bob Eubanks, but then again, who is other than the man himself.

Ryan
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

alfonzos

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2009, 03:40:40 PM »
Wilson is competent but, with at the helm, TNG is just another quizzer.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos