Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cat Deeley to guest host Millionaire next week  (Read 10574 times)

tvwxman

Cat Deeley to guest host Millionaire next week
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2009, 04:42:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'208572\' date=\'Feb 21 2009, 12:23 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'208568\' date=\'Feb 21 2009, 10:59 AM\']
Does any station run Meredith "Millionaire" opposite Meredith on "Today"?
[/quote]
They do not. To insure this (or ensure this), Meredith is only on for the first two hours of the program. Matt usually disappears shortly after the third hour gets underway leaving the remaining twenty hours to the likes of Al, Ann, Natalie, Kathie Lee, Hoda, Kukla, Fran, Friend and Ollie.
[/quote]
This was part of the contract for her to join the "Today" show...

Ollie came later, part of NBC 2.0.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TenPoundHammer

Cat Deeley to guest host Millionaire next week
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2009, 08:18:16 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'208059\' date=\'Feb 12 2009, 10:09 PM\']Is that what those who dislike Meredith's hosting style want? Someone to yell "It's the right answer!" at the top of their lungs every step of the way? What about the idea that she's perhaps trying to stay reserved and composed because that's what the producers tell her to do? Or she wants to be dignified on screen?[/quote]

I don't want her to be the female Patrick Wayne, myself. Her hosting style is fine, I just don't like how she says "Ohhhh, I'm sooooooo soooooorry...." after ALMOST EVERY FREAKING INCORRECT ANSWER. I think that it's more that her laid-back style seems to go against how "big" the rest of the show is: big black set, big dramatic lights, big ominous theme music, et cetera.