The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Some interestinh questions......

(1/2) > >>

Steve_Bier:
Hi folks...I'm a newbie here, and was hoping someone could help me out with a question (or 4)....

1: When, exactly, did Rod Roddy start to use his now signature, drawn-out closing? I know this was not with Whew!. Was this perhaps with \"So You Think You've Got Troubles?\" or Love Connection? Or am I hoplessly off? Also, anyone have any idea why he chose to start closing shows that way? (I'm guessing that he did it to form his own identity)

2: When you were over at the old board, I seem to (vaugely) recall someone talking about the Pat Sajak pilot \"Puzzlers\". What was the show about? All I know is that it was packaged by Goodson-Todman. Who announced? Had it made the air, would it have been simply a Mark Goodson Television Production,  or would it have been a Mark Goodson-Bill Todman Production? Any pics of this show on the web?

3: Anyone here remember the opening to the Bobby Van run of Make Me Laugh?

Thanks for all your help!

Steve

zachhoran:
I think Rod began his \"This is Rooooooooood Roddy\" spiel on PYL.

clemon79:
[quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Jun 19 2003, 02:42 PM\'] 1: When, exactly, did Rod Roddy start to use his now signature, drawn-out closing? [/quote]
 If by this you mean \"This is Rooooooooooooooood Roddy\", I think it started with PYL.

--- Quote ---Also, anyone have any idea why he chose to start closing shows that way? (I'm guessing that he did it to form his own identity)
--- End quote ---

Or maybe he just liked the sound of it.

--- Quote ---2: When you were over at the old board, I seem to (vaugely) recall someone talking about the Pat Sajak pilot \"Puzzlers\".
--- End quote ---

Can't help you here, unless you are referring to the Jim Perry pilot, in which case about all I can tell you is that it involved sliding a shufflepuck down a shufflepuck table to determine who the main player would play with.

zachhoran:
Puzzlers was a 1980 pilot hosted by Pat Sajak at NBC for GT. The Jim Perry hosted pilot from 1982 for Bob Stewart you describe with the shuffleboard motif was Twisters.

ChrisLambert!:
[quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Jun 19 2003, 04:42 PM\']3: Anyone here remember the opening to the Bobby Van run of Make Me Laugh?
[/quote]
Easy enough...

Vocal theme: \"LAUGH!...\"
Johnny Gilbert: \"It's the hilarious comedy game, Make Me Laugh! And now, here is your host, Bobbyyyy VAAAAAAAAAN!\"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version