Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Some interestinh questions......  (Read 5799 times)

Steve_Bier

Some interestinh questions......
« on: June 19, 2003, 05:42:05 PM »
Hi folks...I'm a newbie here, and was hoping someone could help me out with a question (or 4)....

1: When, exactly, did Rod Roddy start to use his now signature, drawn-out closing? I know this was not with Whew!. Was this perhaps with \"So You Think You've Got Troubles?\" or Love Connection? Or am I hoplessly off? Also, anyone have any idea why he chose to start closing shows that way? (I'm guessing that he did it to form his own identity)

2: When you were over at the old board, I seem to (vaugely) recall someone talking about the Pat Sajak pilot \"Puzzlers\". What was the show about? All I know is that it was packaged by Goodson-Todman. Who announced? Had it made the air, would it have been simply a Mark Goodson Television Production,  or would it have been a Mark Goodson-Bill Todman Production? Any pics of this show on the web?

3: Anyone here remember the opening to the Bobby Van run of Make Me Laugh?

Thanks for all your help!

Steve

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 09:18:51 PM »
I think Rod began his \"This is Rooooooooood Roddy\" spiel on PYL.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 09:22:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Jun 19 2003, 02:42 PM\'] 1: When, exactly, did Rod Roddy start to use his now signature, drawn-out closing? [/quote]
 If by this you mean \"This is Rooooooooooooooood Roddy\", I think it started with PYL.

Also, anyone have any idea why he chose to start closing shows that way? (I'm guessing that he did it to form his own identity)

Or maybe he just liked the sound of it.

2: When you were over at the old board, I seem to (vaugely) recall someone talking about the Pat Sajak pilot \"Puzzlers\".

Can't help you here, unless you are referring to the Jim Perry pilot, in which case about all I can tell you is that it involved sliding a shufflepuck down a shufflepuck table to determine who the main player would play with.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 10:04:17 PM »
Puzzlers was a 1980 pilot hosted by Pat Sajak at NBC for GT. The Jim Perry hosted pilot from 1982 for Bob Stewart you describe with the shuffleboard motif was Twisters.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 12:13:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Jun 19 2003, 04:42 PM\']3: Anyone here remember the opening to the Bobby Van run of Make Me Laugh?
[/quote]
Easy enough...

Vocal theme: \"LAUGH!...\"
Johnny Gilbert: \"It's the hilarious comedy game, Make Me Laugh! And now, here is your host, Bobbyyyy VAAAAAAAAAN!\"
@lambertman

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 02:54:02 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 19 2003, 07:04 PM\'] Puzzlers was a 1980 pilot hosted by Pat Sajak at NBC for GT. The Jim Perry hosted pilot from 1982 for Bob Stewart you describe with the shuffleboard motif was Twisters. [/quote]
 Oh, you're right. And this stuff I'm smoking is apparently Grade-A crack.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 10:17:46 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 20 2003, 01:54 AM\'] And this stuff I'm smoking is apparently Grade-A crack. [/quote]
 Did you bring enough for everybody? j/k

Steve_Bier

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2003, 06:21:43 PM »
I was gonna ask if I could borrow some, too... LOL :)