Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wipeout and the Whammy  (Read 1993 times)

jrjgames

Wipeout and the Whammy
« on: October 22, 2003, 08:25:10 PM »
There is an episode of Wiepout with Peter where he slips and mentions the WHammy, anyone have this?

John

zachhoran

Wipeout and the Whammy
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 08:46:56 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Oct 22 2003, 07:25 PM\'] There is an episode of Wiepout with Peter where he slips and mentions the WHammy, anyone have this?

John [/quote]
 A peek at Matt Kaiser's GS trading list indicates he has an ep. of Wipeout where "Peter thinks he's on PYL". THis may well be the episode, and I seem to recall seeing this episode on a USA rerun, too.

GS Warehouse

Wipeout and the Whammy
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 09:18:53 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Oct 22 2003, 07:25 PM\'] There is an episode of Wiepout with Peter where he slips and mentions the WHammy, anyone have this? [/quote]
 Chuck Woolery has Scrabble flashbacks every time someone draws a red ball on Lingo ("Stopper!").  What next, Bob Barker calling the "over" buzzer Beulah?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wipeout and the Whammy
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 12:21:09 AM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Oct 22 2003, 05:25 PM\'] There is an episode of Wiepout with Peter where he slips and mentions the WHammy, anyone have this?
 [/quote]
 That was an excellent episode. (I don't have it, I saw it in first-run.) I believe it was the first round, and he was telling the players to avoid the Wipeouts, except, of course, he said "avoid the Whammy." The second he did that, he busted up laughing, took a few steps back from his podium, and then returned and said "I knew I was gonna do that eventually." Good stuff. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

Wipeout and the Whammy
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 12:46:58 AM »
I have an episode where a contestant keeps saying "One More Time" every pick at the board. Peter chuckled: "Heh, heh, heh: Press Your Luck". Also I know of two former PYL contestants that appeared on Wipeout (One being the famous Maggie Brown)

Considering it was 1988. I would well imaging PYL was still on his mind.
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

dmota104

Wipeout and the Whammy
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 02:58:37 PM »
Chuck Woolery has Scrabble flashbacks every time someone draws a red ball on Lingo ("Stopper!").

Even on Scrabble, Chuck had WoF flashbacks -- accidentally calling the stoppers "bankrupts".

(Hey, cut the man some slack.  The respective sound effects are country cousins of each other, essentially.)