Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire Questions...  (Read 103904 times)

gameshowguy2000

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2003, 12:11:49 AM »
My MDQ would be too easy?

Hmm, even though some of us knew the answer to that one, including me, other people may not even know the answer.

Robert Hutchinson

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2003, 04:25:58 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 12:11 AM\']My MDQ would be too easy?

Hmm, even though some of us knew the answer to that one, including me, other people may not even know the answer.[/quote]
This? Also true of $100 questions.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Kevin Prather

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2003, 04:47:07 PM »
There is a really good mdq on one of the WWTBAM cd-rom games...

Which book of the bible was the basis for the musical "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"?

A: Joshua
B: Genesis
C: Revelation
D: Exodus
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 04:47:29 PM by whoserman »

Matt Ottinger

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2003, 06:19:50 PM »
OK, Tommy, you've made a really good case that there IS a reason to know it, so I'll happily concede that point.  But the other part still stands (and if I read your response, I think you agree with me).  There's nothing to work out.  You either know it or you're staring at a bunch of meaningless random numbers.  The best WWTBAM questions are going to be more like the Beatles one, with plausible answers that inspire some amount of consideration.

In fact, in retrospect, that Beatles question was probably the best of the bunch.  I think a lot of people (myself included) would lean toward "I Want To Hold Your Hand", which I'm now thinking was the LAST of the set.

From Gameshowguy2000:
My MDQ would be too easy?
Hmm, even though some of us knew the answer to that one, including me, other people may not even know the answer.
That's true of ANY question, as Mr. Hutchinson noted.  Specifically dealing with yours though, the poem is still very commonly called A Visit From St. Nicholas. That's not a particularly obscure fact at all.  While it's true that any given person may or may not know any given piece of information, this is at best a middle-tier question.

Finally, whoserman said:
There is a really good mdq on one of the WWTBAM cd-rom games...

Which book of the bible was the basis for the musical "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"?

A: Joshua
B: Genesis
C: Revelation
D: Exodus
That's a nice question, but again not a particularly challenging one.  Actual MDQ's on the show have sometimes been pretty easy as well, of course (such as Carpenter's Laugh-In question) but once again, this is not an obscure fact to anyone who spent any time in Sunday School.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Kevin Prather

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2004, 06:23:39 PM »
The south magnetic pole is currently located offshore from what Antarctic land region?

A: Adelie Coast
B: Enderby Land
C: Antarctic Peninsula
D: Rockefeller Plateau
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 06:28:54 PM by whoserman »

Little Big Brother

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2004, 07:03:19 PM »
What was the working title of the Simon and Garfunkel song "Mrs. Robinson" before appearing in the film "The Graduate"?

A.  Mrs. Kennedy
B.  Mrs. Washington
C.  Mrs. Roosevelt
D.  Mrs. Lady Bird

After being mugged before a newscast, which anchor was asked "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" by his attacker?

A.  Walter Cronkite
B.  Dan Rather
C.  Peter Jennings
D.  Tom Brokaw

Kevin Prather

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2004, 07:18:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 05:03 PM\'] What was the working title of the Simon and Garfunkel song "Mrs. Robinson" before appearing in the film "The Graduate"?

A.  Mrs. Kennedy
B.  Mrs. Washington
C.  Mrs. Roosevelt
D.  Mrs. Lady Bird[/quote]

I'd say B.

After being mugged before a newscast, which anchor was asked "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" by his attacker?

A.  Walter Cronkite
B.  Dan Rather
C.  Peter Jennings
D.  Tom Brokaw
I think I heard something about Tom Brokaw being struck before an interview. I'll say D.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 07:19:42 PM by whoserman »

BrandonFG

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2004, 07:19:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 07:03 PM\'] After being mugged before a newscast, which anchor was asked "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" by his attacker?

A.  Walter Cronkite
B.  Dan Rather
C.  Peter Jennings
D.  Tom Brokaw [/quote]
 B. Dan Rather...that's more of a $32,000 question, IMHO.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2004, 08:04:36 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 05:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 07:03 PM\'] After being mugged before a newscast, which anchor was asked "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" by his attacker?

A.  Walter Cronkite
B.  Dan Rather
C.  Peter Jennings
D.  Tom Brokaw [/quote]
B. Dan Rather...that's more of a $32,000 question, IMHO. [/quote]
 Yeah, I agree....for the folks in my generation, that happened way too recently not to still be stuck in our heads.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Little Big Brother

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2004, 09:06:30 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 08:04 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 05:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 07:03 PM\'] After being mugged before a newscast, which anchor was asked "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" by his attacker?

A.  Walter Cronkite
B.  Dan Rather
C.  Peter Jennings
D.  Tom Brokaw [/quote]
B. Dan Rather...that's more of a $32,000 question, IMHO. [/quote]
Yeah, I agree....for the folks in my generation, that happened way too recently not to still be stuck in our heads. [/quote]
 Okie dokie, I concede.  Since the only references I've seen/heard/read about it are the R.E.M. song and dailyrotten.com's annual reporting of it in their time capsule sidebar, I thought it might have been a bit more obscure.  Ah well.

Note:  The above mentioned website may be in appropriate for persons under 18 or who are offended by a sense of humor skewing morbid.

GSWitch

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2004, 10:58:10 PM »
Here are some questions.

"Colonel Bogey March" was a gag tune used on game show sketches of what variety show?

A).  The Carol Burnett Show
B).  Monty Python's Flying Circus
C).  Benny Hill
D).  Sonny & Cher

What state would you find the shortest north-south Interstate Highway ending in 5?

A).  Illinois
B).  Texas
C).  Florida
D).  Alaska

In That Thing You Do, what NBC game show was featured @ the appliance store?

A).  Match Game
B).  Jeopardy!
C).  Concnetration
D).  You Don't Say

Robert Hutchinson

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2004, 01:05:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 07:03 PM\']After being mugged before a newscast, which anchor was asked "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" by his attacker?

A.  Walter Cronkite
B.  Dan Rather
C.  Peter Jennings
D.  Tom Brokaw[/quote]
I seem to remember this already having been a question on WWTBAM.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

BrandonFG

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2004, 11:09:19 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 3 2004, 10:58 PM\'] What state would you find the shortest north-south Interstate Highway ending in 5?

A).  Illinois
B).  Texas
C).  Florida
D).  Alaska
 [/quote]
(tries to remember the Interstate rule from driver's ed)

IIRC (it's been a LOOOOOOONG time) the numbers increase the further south you go (or is it vice versa?)...I *think.* Is it A?

(I don't remember if the "Interstate rule" includes Alaska or Hawaii, and I'm probably talking from my hind parts.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2004, 11:39:27 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 09:09 AM\'] (I don't remember if the "Interstate rule" includes Alaska or Hawaii, and I'm probably talking from my hind parts. [/quote]
 I don't know what "rule" it is you're talking about, but I know that Hawaii DOES in fact have Interstate highways (despite, of course, no adjacent states to be "inter" with), 'cuz it has something to do with how the Federal Gub'ment allocates funds for their maintanance. I would not be surprised at all to discover that Alaska has them as well.

Now, as how they're numbered, they would have to be a spur off of I-5, I think (if I've learned anything from hanging out with my roadgeek buddy), in order to end in 5. Since that's in the western part of the country, I'd bet on Alaska.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2004, 11:52:36 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 11:39 AM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 09:09 AM\'] (I don't remember if the "Interstate rule" includes Alaska or Hawaii, and I'm probably talking from my hind parts. [/quote]
I don't know what "rule" it is you're talking about, but I know that Hawaii DOES in fact have Interstate highways (despite, of course, no adjacent states to be "inter" with), 'cuz it has something to do with how the Federal Gub'ment allocates funds for their maintanance. I would not be surprised at all to discover that Alaska has them as well.

Now, as how they're numbered, they would have to be a spur off of I-5, I think (if I've learned anything from hanging out with my roadgeek buddy), in order to end in 5. Since that's in the western part of the country, I'd bet on Alaska. [/quote]
Courtesy of a very old newsgroup article:
http://tinyurl.com/2eqcu

BTW, the way I remember the rules for Interstate numbers:

- Odd numbers are north-south routes, starting at the West (I-5).
Numbers ending in 5 are major north-south routes, often running from
border to border (e.g. 5, 15, 65, 95).

- Even numbers are east-west routes, starting at the South (I-10).
Numbers ending in 0 are major east-west routes, often running from
sea to sea (e.g. 10, 40, 80, 90).

Now, whether Alaska uses the same Interstate system as the "lower" 48 states is beyond me, hence my reasoning of Illinois.