Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire Questions...  (Read 104508 times)

Kevin Prather

Millionaire Questions...
« on: October 21, 2003, 06:40:12 PM »
I thought I'd make this thread for people to submit $1,000,000 questions they may have thought of at some point. Here are a few I thought of...

In the Presidential line of succession, which federal official is 3rd in line for the Presidency after the sitting President?

A: Secretary of State
B: Speaker of the House
C: President Pro Tempore
D: Secretary of Defense

The modern-day image of Santa Claus was created in Clement Clark Moore's 1822 poem "The Night Before Christmas", and was based on a man who worked as a what?

A: Coachman
B: Schoolteacher
C: Policeman
D: Soldier

Which of the following television characters was born on April 1st, 64 BC?

A: Jeannie
B: Xena
C: Samantha Stevens
D: Sabrina Spellman

If you think you know an answer to any of mine, post it. I'll tell you if you're right.

BrandonFG

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 07:21:24 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Oct 21 2003, 05:40 PM\'] In the Presidential line of succession, which federal official is 3rd in line for the Presidency after the sitting President?

[/quote]
 Isn't this one "B?"
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 07:39:48 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Oct 21 2003, 04:21 PM\'] [quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Oct 21 2003, 05:40 PM\'] In the Presidential line of succession, which federal official is 3rd in line for the Presidency after the sitting President?

[/quote]
Isn't this one "B?" [/quote]
 If Whos is asking what I THINK he's asking, yes. Came up on "West Wing" at the start of the season.

Problem is, the question is worded very badly, IMO. If you drop "after the sitting President", there is NO QUESTION who you are asking for. (And frankly I don't think it's a million-dollar question, but then I was paying attention in Civics class.) By leaving in that clause, there is all kinds of confusion as to whether you want the third person in line INCLUDING the President, or the third person DOWN FROM the President, in which case the answer would be C, the President Pro Tempore. That's the kind of confusion that contestants bitch about to get brought back for a second chance that they might not deserve.

(Incidentally, if this were a Fastest Finger, the order would be B, C, A, D, and you'd be leaving out the Secretary of the Treasury between A and D. :))
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 07:54:20 PM »
In the Presidential line of succession, which federal official is 3rd in line for the Presidency after the sitting President?

Word of advice: Don't use Alexander Haig as a lifeline for this one.

Kevin Prather

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 09:43:51 PM »
The answer was indeed C, President Pro Tempore. In my mind "after the sitting president" implies not counting the president. I suppose it is worded poorly. Any more answers? any more questions?

Fedya

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 10:17:01 PM »
What was the first country in which Mentos breath mints were manufactured?

A) France
B) Italy
C) Netherlands
D) Sweden

It doesn't matter what comes,
Fresh goes better with life,
With Mentos fresh and full of life!

Nothing gets to you
Staying fresh staying cool,
With Mentos fresh and full of life!
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Speedy G

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 11:59:13 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Oct 21 2003, 05:40 PM\']In the Presidential line of succession, which federal official is 3rd in line for the Presidency after the sitting President?

[/quote]
"Which federal official is the 3rd person delegated to succeed the President?"

Maybe even an "according to ______" at the front would clear things up further.

Certainly doesn't seem like a MDQ to me... maybe an upper tier question, perhaps, but not for a million.  Maybe the 4th in line should the Big Chief die...

As for the other two, I'm not even going to hazard a guess on the Santa Claus question.  I'd guess A for the Apr 1, 64 BC question, only because I think they'd be most likely of the shows in question (and I can't even remember what show C is in) to have their main character born on April Fools.  Don't see Xena joking about that, and don't see Sabrina even bringing the issue up.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

Fedya

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 09:51:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Speedy G\' date=\'Oct 21 2003, 10:59 PM\'] I'd guess A for the Apr 1, 64 BC question, only because I think they'd be most likely of the shows in question (and I can't even remember what show C is in) to have their main character born on April Fools.  Don't see Xena joking about that, and don't see Sabrina even bringing the issue up. [/quote]
 Samantha Stevens was a character on Bewitched, played by Elizabeth Montgomery.

Hasn't GSN aired Password episodes with Montgomery?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

uncamark

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 03:21:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Oct 22 2003, 08:51 AM\']Samantha Stevens was a character on Bewitched, played by Elizabeth Montgomery.

Hasn't GSN aired Password episodes with Montgomery?[/quote]
Most of those shows were in the ABC days, which are presumed lost.  She did "Password Plus" a few times (and GSN has aired them), but I don't believe she ever did "Super Password."

ChuckNet

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2003, 07:07:45 PM »
Most of those shows were in the ABC days, which are presumed lost.

She did, however, do at least a wk of the CBS daytime version near the end of its run.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Kevin Prather

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2003, 06:16:03 PM »
One MDQ...

The lyrics to the Byrds' hit 1965 song "Turn, Turn, Turn" are adapted from what book of the Old Testament?

A: Lamentations
B: Ecclesiastes
C: Ezra
D: Deuteronomy

gameshowguy2000

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2003, 08:12:24 PM »
I'd like to comment on the "Night Before Christmas" question. Here's how I'd do it for the MDQ:

Before going to its usual title, what was the original title of the 1822 Clement C. Moore holiday poem "The Night Before Christmas"?

A. "A Visit From St. Nicholas"
B. "A Visit From Santa Claus"
C. "A Visit From The North Pole"
D. "A Visit From The Elves"

CBSJokersWildFan

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2003, 08:35:38 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Dec 26 2003, 06:16 PM\']One MDQ...

The lyrics to the Byrds' hit 1965 song "Turn, Turn, Turn" are adapted from what book of the Old Testament?

A: Lamentations
B: Ecclesiastes
C: Ezra
D: Deuteronomy[/quote]

I once heard a DJ on an oldies station make a mention of this after playing that song.  So, I'll take B.  That's my final answer.

TimK2003

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2003, 09:07:12 PM »
Here's a great MDQ:

Which future teen idol was seen for the first time on the same "Ed Sullivan Show" that the Beatles first appeared on?

A) Donny Osmond
B) Bobby Sherman
C) Davy Jones
D) Peter Noone

HINT: If you get the "Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show DVD", you'll see this person as part of one of the other acts.

Kevin Prather

Millionaire Questions...
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2003, 10:37:12 PM »
Good one, Tim. May I rephrase it just a little?

"Which future teen idol's first television appearance was on the Beatles' first episode on "The Ed Sullivan Show"?"

To me, this is a little clearer. It could be even clearer if it mentioned whether this person opened for them or not.