Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just Stirring Up Trouble  (Read 6324 times)

Clay Zambo

Just Stirring Up Trouble
« on: June 19, 2003, 01:47:21 PM »
Not going into spoilerlike detail here, which is why I'm not posting this in Show Summaries.  But here's the deal:

It's Price Is Right.  A one-bid has been displayed.  Player A bids; Bob repeats the bid as it's displayed.  Player B, same.  Player C bids, and Bob mishears her, says the wrong amount back to her.  The right amount is displayed, then blanked out.  Player D starts to bid, and as he's doing so, Player C finally gets Bob's attention.  The matter of C's bid is settled.  D bids--A DIFFERENT AMOUNT.  And wins.

D doesn't win his pricing game.  C subsequently gets onstage, but she doesn't win, either.

Should Standards and Practices be notified?  :)
czambo@mac.com

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Just Stirring Up Trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 03:08:06 PM »
No. Player D did not get to bid until after player C had bid. That's normal.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Just Stirring Up Trouble
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 03:41:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Jun 19 2003, 10:47 AM\'] Player D starts to bid, and as he's doing so, Player C finally gets Bob's attention.  The matter of C's bid is settled.  D bids--A DIFFERENT AMOUNT.  And wins.

Should Standards and Practices be notified?  :) [/quote]
 I don't see a problem. Player D is allowed the courtesy of knowing the bids prior to his before he makes his bid. If something went down so that C's bid had to be corrected, then D should be able to use that information, even to the point of changing his bid if they had gone so far as to enter it into the readout.

That, I would think, is why the new player in Contestant's Row always bids first...to allow the players there before the new player a slight advantage towards getting out.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe