Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Now You See It  (Read 2194 times)

Don Howard

Now You See It
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:32:33 AM »
As is my usual practice, I had my VCR all set to record Now You See It at 2:30am today followed by What's My Line?
So I go to the tape this morning to get it ready to roll on Tic Tac Dough and there's thirty minutes of black where NYSI is supposed to be. WML? got on there okay.
Was this isolated to my area or were you folks affected, too?

Allstar87

Now You See It
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:10:09 AM »
That's very weird...it came through in my area OK.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Now You See It
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »
Came through fine for me (I think--I didn't exactly check from the beginning), but the final minute or so of gameplay was obstructed by GSN's cruncher.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:13:22 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Don Howard

Now You See It
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 11:43:18 AM »
Well, isn't that strange?! OK, thanks for the fast follow-up.
I won't ask if AGIOT since I don't require a complete collection for fulfillment, but was the bank broken?

rwalker

Now You See It
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 12:18:32 PM »
You in one of those funky power outage areas, Don? Namely the ones inland that got nailed by Ike a few weeks ago?

Eric Paddon

Now You See It
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:29:42 PM »
I was having a flashback last night to the days of the GSN "monkeys" when it was not uncommon to see GSN having technical screwups that resulted in shows starting late and in the end causing the last minute to get cut off.     Here, when NYSI was supposed to come back they were having some screw-up so we got two minutes of GSN promos (the standard GSN way of covering a glitch) and then they finally jumped back in to the episode but in order to get off on time they ran their credit cruncher over the conclusion of the match.     The new champ who knocked off June at the start of the show and won $900 in the bonus (not seeing the final word with five seconds left on the clock) got her winning answer to repeat under the credit crunch, so tonight's should start with her at the bonus round.