Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hot Potato Question  (Read 1843 times)

arrowood20

Hot Potato Question
« on: October 05, 2008, 10:45:39 PM »
I've been going through some of my old game show tapes, and came across some "Hot Potato" episodes. I noticed that the very end of the show is cut off on GSN airings, right at the point where the announcer says "Hot Potato...". I would have thought that the announcer just finished with "...is a Jack Barry & Dan Enright Production", but other B&E shows on GSN included that part.

Was there something else said at the end that GSN didn't want to air, or was it just a time saving thing?

Ryan :)

Vahan_Nisanian

Hot Potato Question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 10:50:10 PM »
It was indeed Charlie saying "...Is a Jack Barry & Dan Enright Production!"

The B&E shows are part of the Sony library, and as pretty much everyone knows by now, Sony has this annoying practice of cutting the closing logo at the end of each and every show that they own, and replacing it with their own logo, almost as if the production company that originally produced it never existed.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Hot Potato Question
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 10:51:30 PM »
Near as I can remember, you have it right. I don't remember any other tag at the end.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Hot Potato Question
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 11:03:23 PM »
In the original run and on USA, they did cut to the B&E logo on a blue screen while Charlie O said "...is a Barry & Enright Production!"
@lambertman