Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another TPIR Change  (Read 30936 times)

FPGWillyT

Another TPIR Change
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2008, 12:24:27 AM »
Wow...I certainly might have remembered saying I would never go back and I certainly might remember saying that I was upset about all of the changes in store.  But since Logaroo is soooooo intent on making me out to be the bad guy here, allow me to retot on a few things:

1.  I merely replied to a post about the chroma key screens being used for things other than trips.  Statement of fact, not an opinion, but FACT!

2.  In direct response to your comments about my feelings on that Sunday, you need to know the following about what went on that day and why I went.

I was supposed to have been an invited guest for the show and not been made to wait in line to see the show.  It was only upon my "VIP arrival" time that I was greeted by Karen Winchell and told that this was not going to happen.  This of course occurred long before this supposed "bad mouthing" occurred.  I'd also love to know how you think I talked to everyone in line about my feelings that day.  I might have talked to about 5 people that day directly about things and maybe people picked up on the word "PURPLE?!?!!?" as aggravation.  I'll definitely cop to that 100%.  I was told by the people coming outside the studio who saw show #1 that the wheel had changed colors.  The biggest most important prop on the show was altered and I think I had a right to be a little upset.   I did not, as Loogaroo would make it seems, walk up and down the benches wailing my discontent with what was happening.  If he/she happened to be near me at the front of the line and heard me talking to other people, well that is something I cannot defend.  You make it seem like I stood at the front of the line with a megaphone and announced my distaste/disgust.

On top of that, I was told that before Roger was fired, numerous other changes were in the works as well, specifically how the show opened:  no longer would the phrase "Come on down" be used, nor would the show opening mention "The Bob Barker Studio", a change that I was informed later was reversed MINUTES before the first show taped.  Also rumored to be changed was the addition of a video wall and a change to there only being four pricing games played, not six.

What Loogaroo obviously doesn't know is that I've mentioned on numerous occasions "I'm not going back!" while I waited for my chance to be selected as a contestant.  And I still go back because in spite of all of the changes no one yet knows about, I still like watching the show get taped live and I still like meeting everyone else in line and I do NOT spew "P" and vinegar to everyone in ear shot of me.  I went this time as Mr. Gavazzi pointed out because I had left Houston for Austin Fri AM before Ike hit and decided to use my free SWA air ticket to head for LA to both a) play a crapload of poker at The Bicycle Club and b) go to see the show to see if I could catch a playing of the new pricing game "Gas Money".  That did not happen until the Wed PM taping, hence the five shows seen taped live.

I have a deeper love for the TRADITIONS of The Price Is Right than most of you will ever understand.  I'm really really sorry I ever posted the simple fact about the chroma screens here.  I certainly did not mean to come into your living room and cause a rucus.  I certainly wouldn't want you to come into mine and do the same.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:41:44 AM by FPGWillyT »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Another TPIR Change
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2008, 12:36:40 AM »
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'197934\' date=\'Sep 22 2008, 09:24 PM\']
The biggest most important prop on the show was altered and I think I had a right to be a little upset[/quote]
You gotta be kidding me.
What Loogaroo obviously doesn't know is that I've mentioned on numerous occasions "I'm not going back!" while I waited for my chance to be selected as a contestant.  And I still go back
Exactly his point. So maybe you've learned that *repeatedly* spouting the "I'm not going back!" line is what is making you look really, REALLY foolish.
I have a deeper love for the TRADITIONS of The Price Is Right than most of you will ever understand.
My gawd, you're not kidding me.

Dude, get OVER yourself.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Hastin

Another TPIR Change
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2008, 02:59:59 AM »
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'197934\' date=\'Sep 22 2008, 09:24 PM\']
I have a deeper love for the TRADITIONS of The Price Is Right than most of you will ever understand. [/quote]

I can totally understand this, I run a website where we have some of the same traditionalist opinions about Disneyland. However, as I ask my community - "What's wrong with some change?", I generally get flamed to kindgom-come. I've been to the park lots of times with people like this - and their downer attitude is never appreciated.

I understand that it's sad to you to see things change. However, at least you have previous episodes where that traditional TPiR is in. Yes, things change - however, one must remember the old times with fondness and not just complain about the current state of things. The majority of people who watch TPiR now, aren't the same people who watched it in the 90s, 80s, or 70s. Society changes, times change, and I for one am still happy that games of 'price this car, grocery item, or LobSter tennis machine' are still on. Most TV shows don't last this long, so if you think this is doom-gloom, you need to enjoy it while you can.

I'm not saying you have to be a blind-follower of the changes on TPiR, just remember that with good changes, comes bad change. If that bad change is too much to handle, then maybe this isn't the obsession for you anymore.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:02:49 AM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

FPGWillyT

Another TPIR Change
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2008, 03:39:36 AM »
I honestly respect Hastin's reply...I really do.

All I ask is that you wait until around November 13th, when the episodes that I saw taped start airing.  And if you still think I'm too much of a traditionalist and crazy, so be it.  I'll accept that whole-heartedly.

All I'm asking is that you wait.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 03:40:03 AM by FPGWillyT »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Another TPIR Change
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2008, 04:54:55 AM »
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'197947\' date=\'Sep 23 2008, 02:39 AM\']All I ask is that you wait until around November 13th, when the episodes that I saw taped start airing.  And if you still think I'm too much of a traditionalist and crazy, so be it.  I'll accept that whole-heartedly.[/quote]Obviously, you enjoy going to the tapings and dangling a carrot in front of our faces.

Besides, I thought you didn't post to this forum.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 04:58:44 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

FPGWillyT

Another TPIR Change
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2008, 06:26:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'197949\' date=\'Sep 23 2008, 03:54 AM\']
Obviously, you enjoy going to the tapings and dangling a carrot in front of our faces.

[/quote]

Indeed on both accounts.  Maybe I figured I'd give the ol' Invision guys another try.  Maybe I figured you'd be interested to know what was going on.  Maybe I'm just plain wrong on all counts.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:27:59 AM by FPGWillyT »

sshuffield70

Another TPIR Change
« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2008, 08:43:55 AM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' post=\'197864\' date=\'Sep 22 2008, 03:49 PM\']
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'197861\' date=\'Sep 22 2008, 02:59 PM\']
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'197849\' date=\'Sep 22 2008, 06:59 AM\']
Still, this appears to be another episode of Words Have Meanings. (A spinoff of Masters of the Obvious.)
[/quote]

So, Words Have Meanings...is a game of definitions?
[/quote]

Can anyone care to call Mr. Jim Perry for confirmation?
[/quote]

Sorry, the correct answer is Pat Finn......

urbanpreppie05

Another TPIR Change
« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2008, 08:47:47 AM »
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'197950\' date=\'Sep 23 2008, 06:26 AM\']
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'197949\' date=\'Sep 23 2008, 03:54 AM\']
Obviously, you enjoy going to the tapings and dangling a carrot in front of our faces.

[/quote]

Indeed on both accounts.  Maybe I figured I'd give the ol' Invision guys another try.  Maybe I figured you'd be interested to know what was going on.  Maybe I'm just plain wrong on all counts.
[/quote]

No, you aren't wrong. People are interested in seeing the changes and hearing about reports. HOWEVER, Keep in mind that people here will call you out on things when they see fit- I thought you would know this by now!

And since its been widely reported that the American-Idolization of the show hasn't happened (nor have the format changes), how much different can things be, anyway? Inquiring minds want to know!
insert signature here

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Another TPIR Change
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2008, 11:55:48 AM »
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'197950\' date=\'Sep 23 2008, 03:26 AM\']Indeed on both accounts.  Maybe I figured I'd give the ol' Invision guys another try.  Maybe I figured you'd be interested to know what was going on.  Maybe I'm just plain wrong on all counts.[/quote]What you're wrong about is your idea that you are somehow exempt from the rules of society and good behavior. You wouldn't go to an opera and make the armpit fart noise. You wouldn't go to a movie and at the precisely wrong point bellow "Darth Vader is Luke's father!"

Similarly, your bellyaching and carrying on in the line doesn't just affect you. You are being a major buzzkill to those unfortunate to be within earshot. You can be as upset as you want about whatever changes are made to the show if it will help you sleep at night. If someone asks you what you think of the new season, you can tell them. But Tim covered this point: there are over 300 people in the crowd, and I bet you know more about the show than 299 of them. They're not privy to what we are here. They likely don't give a damn, they just want to be there and be part of it.

You're spoiling that experience for them. They're not going to remember who won the showcase or how much was won on Punch-a-Bunch. They're going to remember that unhinged guy in the line who kept carrying on about whatever.

That's what we're trying to tell you, and isn't getting through.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Another TPIR Change
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2008, 01:35:36 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'197963\' date=\'Sep 23 2008, 08:55 AM\']
You wouldn't go to an opera and make the armpit fart noise.[/quote]
Speak fer yerself, pal. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe