Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Nintendo DS  (Read 4824 times)

Hastin

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 12:57:12 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'196863\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 06:08 PM\']
Despite the directions that said you get a bonus spin for $1.00, I scored a dollar and did not get a bonus spin.
[/quote]

Did you score the $1.00 during a Spinoff? Ludia lets this out (due to how rare it is), they could have put it in, but didn't want to.
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 01:31:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'198231\' date=\'Sep 26 2008, 09:57 AM\']
Ludia lets this out (due to how rare it is), they could have put it in, but didn't want to.[/quote]
"Didn't want to"? Are you friggin' kidding me?

I say, again: how in nine purple hells do you make a design decision that boneheadedly retarded (hi, Zach!) and expect to be taken the least little bit seriously by the gaming industry?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Hastin

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 01:36:18 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'198233\' date=\'Sep 26 2008, 10:31 AM\']
I say, again: how in nine purple hells do you make a design decision that boneheadedly retarded (hi, Zach!) and expect to be taken the least little bit seriously by the gaming industry?
[/quote]

You don't. They know they've got a captive audience (people who like/want to play TPiR at home), and overlooking something like a Spinoff Bonus is a minor thing to them. It's clear that Ludia is only in this for the casual-game market, and they don't demand much.

//Just like Sony not including Trebek for Jeopardy! on PS3
-Hastin :)

clemon79

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'198234\' date=\'Sep 26 2008, 10:36 AM\']
They know they've got a captive audience (people who like/want to play TPiR at home), and overlooking something like a Spinoff Bonus is a minor thing to them.[/quote]
What they have, I think, at least in the case of this product, is a niche market. Who are EXACTLY the sort who are going to notice things like this and be annoyed by it. I think they're APPROACHING it as if they were marketing to the overall casual market, and I think this is where they are making a huge mistake.

I'd love to know if Ludia is outsourcing their dev work, and if so, to who. Five rubles says I can guess.
It's clear that Ludia is only in this for the casual-game market, and they don't demand much.
Because they're had so much shiat shoveled at them that they've come to expect it. The casual-game market could thrive if they put out more Puzzle Quests and Peggles and fewer Cake Manias and Diner Dashes.

/but enough about Hell's Kitchen

Jeremy Nelson

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 04:30:04 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'198233\' date=\'Sep 26 2008, 12:31 PM\']
[/quote]
Well, IGN gave a 5/10 to the PC version, 4.5 to the Wii, and a paltry 3.5 to the DS. But then again, they really are kinda hard on the casual game reviews anyways. Here's the review for the PC.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/913/913761p1.html
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Timsterino

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 04:36:54 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'196829\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 05:45 PM\']
What I was referring to was, didn't we all say that we all thought Rich Fields should host TPIR before Drew was selected, or did I misunderstand something? [/quote]

I never thought in a million years that Rich Fields should have hosted TPiR.

Good review on the game! Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:38:34 AM by Timsterino »

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 12:11:03 PM »
I know I said (darned if I can find where) that I was excited about buying the Price game for the PC, but now that it's out (and after all the reviews, and the recent general trend of game show adaptations), I must retract.  (Of course, it's increasingly becoming difficult for me to care about the game show world in general today; if the makers of the shows/games don't care about the show enough to work toward making a quality product, why should I care to watch?)
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

clemon79

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Tony Peters\' post=\'198458\' date=\'Sep 29 2008, 09:11 AM\']
(Of course, it's increasingly becoming difficult for me to care about the game show world in general today; if the makers of the shows/games don't care about the show enough to work toward making a quality product, why should I care to watch?)[/quote]
That's the beautiful thing about television: you can turn it off.