Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Nintendo DS  (Read 4808 times)

whewfan

TPIR Nintendo DS
« on: September 10, 2008, 05:06:32 PM »
I just got TPIR for Nintendo DS...

GAMEPLAY
In solo player mode, you play a one bid, a pricing game, a showcase showdown, and the showcases (if you win the showcase showdown) and keep going until you get 3 strikes. A strike is given if you lose a one bid, pricing game, or the showcase showdown or showcase. In Party Mode, you can play with 2-4 players and the format follows like the TV game.

SET
The big doors are from seasons 31-35, and the turntable is the pink and blue turntable used in Barker's final run. One picky point, the Big Wheel looks like the Big Wheel, except the dollar signs on the right hand side are reversed.

MUSIC
All the same music from the classic game show, including the prize cues

HOST
Well, we all wanted Rich Fields to have a shot at hosting TPIR, his voice can be heard prompting to spin the wheel and bid.

PRIZES
Still shots of the prizes are shown, and Rich's full description is printed on the screen (his voice isn't heard narrating the description though)

THE GAMES
Good selection of games here!

Hole in One, Bonkers, Plinko, Check Out, Cliff Hangers, It's in the Bag, Master Key, Money Game, Punch a Bunch, Race Game and Shell Game

Both It's in the Bag and Check Out have 4 items to price instead of 5, for some reason.

PROS
Touch screen allows the player to manipulate the numbers, and drop Plinko chips with ease. You can also spin the Big Wheel with your stylus!

CONS
True die hard fans may not like that some games traditionally played for prizes are played for a big cash prize (like $20k for Cliff Hangers, for example)

On a scale of 1-10, I give TPIR for Nintendo DS.... an 8! Perhaps if this one sells well, a second edition with the Drew set (and perhaps Drew himself?) will follow!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 05:16:29 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'196817\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 04:06 PM\']
HOST
Well, we all wanted Rich Fields to have a shot at hosting TPIR[/quote]We did?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 05:22:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'196819\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 04:16 PM\']
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'196817\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 04:06 PM\']
HOST
Well, we all wanted Rich Fields to have a shot at hosting TPIR[/quote]We did?
[/quote]

I didn't get the memo myself.

OTOH, I'm patiently waiting for that 5:00 hour to leave my desk and purchase this game, shmuck or not.

whewfan

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »
What I was referring to was, didn't we all say that we all thought Rich Fields should host TPIR before Drew was selected, or did I misunderstand something? Obviously this game was done before Drew was chosen, but I'd like to see Drew host (and I don't mean just pop up briefly at the start and finish) next time.

JayDLewis

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:52:29 PM »
IOW, it plays the same as the PC download with most of the same content (aside from the space limitations the DS has).

And yes, you misunderstood. I don't think there was a single person on *this board* who said Rich should host TPiR. (There may have been the odd argument about allowing him to audition, but not to host.)
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

BrandonFG

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 05:54:15 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'196829\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 05:45 PM\']
What I was referring to was, didn't we all say that we all thought Rich Fields should host TPIR before Drew was selected, or did I misunderstand something?
[/quote]
I think you did. :-) Many here (including myself) criticize Rich's announcing alone, so I think he'd definitely have his work cut out for him as a host.

I'll let someone else give you a more politically incorrect analysis. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 08:17:07 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'196817\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 02:06 PM\']
HOST
Well, we all wanted Rich Fields to have a shot at hosting TPIR,[/quote]
What you mean "we", white man?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

clemon79

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 08:18:10 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'196829\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 02:45 PM\']
What I was referring to was, didn't we all say that we all thought Rich Fields should host TPIR before Drew was selected, or did I misunderstand something?[/quote]
I'm thinking you misunderstood something. Really, REALLY misunderstood something.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 08:37:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'196852\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 08:18 PM\']
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'196829\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 02:45 PM\']
What I was referring to was, didn't we all say that we all thought Rich Fields should host TPIR before Drew was selected, or did I misunderstand something?[/quote]
I'm thinking you misunderstood something. Really, REALLY misunderstood something.[/quote]
Quite possibly the difference between Game Show Forum and Golden Road.net

Granted, he was as good a guess as any at the time, but I don't think he was the preferred choice here.

/Unless the alternative was Dave Price
This signature is currently under construction.

whewfan

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 09:08:30 PM »
A couple more comments about the DS version...

Despite the directions that said you get a bonus spin for $1.00, I scored a dollar and did not get a bonus spin.

Hole in One seems quite easy to win, and you only have to play with 4 products instead of 6.

There's an odd disclaimer at the start of the game that in MANY MANY WORDS that there's no ACTUAL money or prizes awarded for playing the game... okay...

MikeK

• Martha!
TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 09:11:28 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'196863\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 09:08 PM\']There's an odd disclaimer at the start of the game that in MANY MANY WORDS that there's no ACTUAL money or prizes awarded for playing the game... okay...
[/quote]
Because some dolt somewhere will kvetch at Ludia, Ubisoft, or TPiR because they won $120,000 on the video game but did not receive their winnings.  Really.

clemon79

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 10:56:21 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'196863\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 06:08 PM\']
Despite the directions that said you get a bonus spin for $1.00, I scored a dollar and did not get a bonus spin.[/quote]
Really? Wow. That's a borderline-unforgivable bug.
There's an odd disclaimer at the start of the game that in MANY MANY WORDS that there's no ACTUAL money or prizes awarded for playing the game... okay...
As a let's-call-it-six year veteran of the video game industry, it pains me greatly to tell you: it's absolutely necessary.

ChuckNet

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 07:04:15 PM »
As a let's-call-it-six year veteran of the video game industry, it pains me greatly to tell you: it's absolutely necessary.

Yeah, didn't you mention during your stint @ Hasbro Interactive, that someone sent a letter inquiring when they would recieve their "winnings" from a successful playing of the WoF CD-ROM?

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

clemon79

TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 07:18:55 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' post=\'197071\' date=\'Sep 12 2008, 04:04 PM\']
Yeah, didn't you mention during your stint @ Hasbro Interactive, that someone sent a letter inquiring when they would recieve their "winnings" from a successful playing of the WoF CD-ROM?[/quote]
Atari (which bought Hasbro Interactive), but yeah.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
TPIR Nintendo DS
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 01:08:21 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'196863\' date=\'Sep 10 2008, 08:08 PM\']
A couple more comments about the DS version...

Despite the directions that said you get a bonus spin for $1.00, I scored a dollar and did not get a bonus spin.

[/quote]

I had just played a game, and during the showdown, I spun the dollar, only to get the bonus spin (and racked another $5000)