Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mad Magazine and game show parodies  (Read 4933 times)

Neumms

Re: Mad Magazine and game show parodies
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 05:07:34 PM »
Cracked was running on fumes and Don Martin (who had been lured over from Mad after money arguments) for a long time.  I've got a better game show parody series from them that ran in 1975 - see below.

I'm not sure how funny that is, but man, I love the art. That's John Severin under an assumed name, isn't it?

brianhenke

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 01:36:58 AM »
  There was a J! spoof when soneone was going to use the tones of Tom Waits whenever he wanted to answer.

One of my sig files here over the years was a Weakest Link contestant was asked by Anne Robinson, "In religion, the Jehovah's Witnesses distribute Awake! and what other magazine?" The contestant responded Mad instead of the Watchtower. That was one of the most outrageous answers ever.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

Jay Temple

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 08:35:33 PM »
The only one I can think of was "Family Fools" (which, halfway through the story, changed to "Celebrity Family Fools")
Of interest in the civilian half: Richard asks the person who won the face-off whether they want to play or pass. The contestant asks what happens if they pass. "God only knows, because it never happens." They may have predicted the change in the 1988 rules, where there's no decision.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.