Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Game Show Position  (Read 7112 times)

Ian Wallis

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »
My first choice would be host, but if that couldn't work out I'd probably choose music supervisor.  Always loved (classic) game show music and would love to decide how and when it's used!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jimmy Owen

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 01:13:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'196332\' date=\'Sep 6 2008, 08:39 PM\']
Bouncer. Anyone in the audience shouts out or even whispers an answer, I grab by the throat, slam their head into the door, kick him in the azz down the stairs, again in the face and out the door.
Announcer's taken by geno, so I'll settle for hair stylist. I'll make ya look good, Jimmy.
[/quote]

Thanks, Don.  If I look good, the show will look good.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

That Don Guy

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 01:18:58 AM »
There was a time I would have said host, but "cooler heads have prevailed" and, control freak that I am, I'd go for (supervising) producer - the person the host turns to when some decision has to be made.

-- Don

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Your Game Show Position
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 01:39:19 PM »
I'd go for either a substitute host or announcer. Chances are I'll probably announce for another game show down the hall and you'll probably need me at the last second.

If all else fails, I'd like to be part of the production staff, making sure the game is done right.

(I thought of being the "permanent" host, but seeing how there's a long line for that position, I've picked something else).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:48:40 PM by Strikerz04 »

TenPoundHammer

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 10:33:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'196244\' date=\'Sep 6 2008, 12:39 PM\']
Imagine this scenario:

A brand new game show is starting up.  You are offered any position you choose on the staff. Director, make-up artist, host, contestant coordinator, anything.

What would you select, and why?
[/quote]

For me, it would depend on the show. If it's a simple format that doesn't ask too much of the host, then I could probably hold my own. But if I had to keep vamping and vamping to build up drama á la Howie Mandel, forget it.

If it's a show with a lot of copy, I would love to be the announcer. Especially if it's a show like TPIR where the host and announcer interact a lot. I would certainly be tempted to ad-lib á la Bob Hilton (but not too much).

Don Howard

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 10:41:36 PM »
[quote name=\'TenPoundHammer\' post=\'197390\' date=\'Sep 16 2008, 10:33 PM\']
I would certainly be tempted to ad-lib á la Bob Hilton (but not too much).
[/quote]
While styling hair, I would ad lib a' la Larry Germain.