Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Game Show Position  (Read 7114 times)

beatlefreak84

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 10:26:05 PM »
Okay; wait...we've all got to pick different positions?  Crap...and I was going to pick host!  I mean, the reasons Jimmy mentioned for being a host are all great ones, but I'd like to be the host just because I think it'd be a lot of fun to be the one the cute female winners hug when they win stuff...;).

In all seriousness, though, I enjoy performing, and I definitely enjoy games, so why not?

But, if I'm forced to pick another job, I guess I could be the warm-up guy for pretty much the same reasons.  And then I'd hire Don as my "assistant" to wail on those who don't follow my directions...;)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Your Game Show Position
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 10:41:50 PM »
I'll run sound effects.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

MikeK

• Martha!
Your Game Show Position
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 11:24:55 PM »
Dibs on audience warm-up, with apologies to the pro on this board.  If I can get a bunch of high schoolers who hate math to at least crack a smile and get enthused about math on a daily basis, I can do the same with adults.  The smile cracking part.  I don't want to torture non-students with algebra if they don't need it.

ETA:  Since we can share positions, I'd prefer announcing or writing.  Warm-up would be fun.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:23:39 PM by MikeK »

DJDustman

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 11:27:43 PM »
Definitely host here, especially a quiz game.

J.R.

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 11:34:51 PM »
[quote name=\'DJDustman\' post=\'196348\' date=\'Sep 6 2008, 10:27 PM\']Definitely host here, especially a quiz game.[/quote]
$ale of the Century perhaps? ;-)
-Joe Raygor

pyrfan

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 12:36:36 AM »
I call talent coordinator. I like the idea of being the main link between the celebs and the game itself, trying to coach them on the rules and nuances and how to become better players. That would fascinate me.

Brendan

Jumpondees

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 12:41:15 AM »
I know it's one, but I have to be greedy and pick two.

Being a copycat, I'd also would want to emcee.  Growing up, I would daydream about putting myself in place of a host on TV.  In my mind, I would create shows and mentally act them out from opening to end game.  I also had a thing for having a red and blue deck of Bicycle playing cards and using them with my friends back then to play matches of Card Sharks.  I guess that's why I've always seen myself with a Jim Perry style of hosting while wearing a Marc Summers Double Dare style wardrobe (Jeans, Dress shirt, tie, sport jacket and sneakers)

The other thing if I couldn't host, I would announce.  I had originally planned on going into radio when I got out of high school because I thought I had a good mind for music, and I had always been told that I had a radio-quality voice, I just figured the two was a perfect match.  However, I never was able to afford to go to school for it.  Someday I still hope to do it, and now since many of the major companies that helped to consolidate ownership in radio throughout the last 1 1/2 decades are starting to sell some of those stations, perhaps they'll be room for one more voice in the announcer ranks.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Your Game Show Position
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 02:37:53 AM »
I want to be Bill Todman. Just sit around in my cups in Florida while the dough piles up.

Except I don't drink.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Your Game Show Position
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 02:47:45 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'196362\' date=\'Sep 6 2008, 11:37 PM\']I want to be Bill Todman. Just sit around in my cups in Florida while the dough piles up.

Except I don't drink.[/quote]Neither do I, but man, for that kind of money I'd sure try to learn.
Travis L. Eberle

Craig Karlberg

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 05:03:30 AM »
If a show needed an announcer, I'd do it in a heartbeat because I have that announcer-type voice in me.

Also, no one's mentioned music composer yet, so I might as well call that.  Music's in my blood so naturally, I'd come up with music that they would use for that show.  Just as long as it doesn't get annoying in the loop department or create bad conflicts with certain parts of the game.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Your Game Show Position
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 05:16:39 AM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'196338\' date=\'Sep 6 2008, 09:26 PM\']
Okay; wait...we've all got to pick different positions? [/quote]That wasn't the intent at all.  Y'all can take the same position, there just would be a few layoffs. :)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

ClockGameJohn

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 05:21:34 AM »
I'll take 'owner.'

For the same security offered by the first reply.

davemackey

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 01:36:46 PM »
Bandleader. Yes, live music. And all the best musicians from Local 47 willing to work for union scale in my pit.

alfonzos

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 03:44:31 PM »
If it was one of the games I have designed, I would choose to be executive producer. Otherwise, I would host.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Neumms

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 05:20:38 PM »
Letter turner. Ideally with technology that could somehow make the job easier.