Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Game Show Position  (Read 7108 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Your Game Show Position
« on: September 06, 2008, 12:39:25 PM »
Imagine this scenario:

A brand new game show is starting up.  You are offered any position you choose on the staff. Director, make-up artist, host, contestant coordinator, anything.

What would you select, and why?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:54:23 PM »
The only position on a game show that I would ever be interested in is host.  Why?  Because the host gets the biggest salary and the most attention.  All other people can be replaced at the drop of a hat.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:01:28 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
Your Game Show Position
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 01:25:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'196248\' date=\'Sep 6 2008, 12:54 PM\']
All other people can be replaced at the drop of a hat.
[/quote]
Hey, and you've got the right attitude for being "talent"...:-)

You're gonna need a director.  Hey, whaddya know--I'm a director.  And I'm a traditional director, which means if I'm directing Pyramid, I know the last thing the front game needs is lots of cuts back and forth.  Nothin' wrong with a static shot if it carries the action.

(To this day, that is the one thing that made the Donny version unwatchable for me--the rest, I could take or leave, but that damn cutting back and forth...urgh.)
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

BrandonFG

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »
Producer...get my creative juices flowing. I love the idea of coming together and put together a show, starting from an idea, then seeing the ball rolling.

/Resume available upon request
//Willing to start small and work up
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

geno57

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 02:18:48 PM »
Announcer.  I've been one for about 35 years, so I may as well do it on a good game show.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Your Game Show Position
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 03:31:19 PM »
I've long said that my "dream job" would be the guy who comes up with the various challenges on shows like The Mole, The Amazing Race, and so on. I would enjoy doing that in any capacity on a game or quiz show.
Travis L. Eberle

hines2000

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 04:20:17 PM »
My "dream Job" would be game board/scoreboard operator! Running the computer would be a real thrill!

Eric
(later on I'd be a host)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Your Game Show Position
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 04:31:49 PM »
I want to be a question writer.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

DrBear

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 04:33:17 PM »
Dressing room assistant for the models. I would have said at DOND, but I'm too old for 26 of them.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Jay Temple

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 04:56:43 PM »
Writing or judging, whichever is more critical to the show in question. (I'd put J! and P+/SP in the former category, Pyramid in the latter.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

BMaurice06

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »
I would want to be either a question writer or producer.  The question writer position seems to be a perfect fit for me because it gives me the freedom to conjure up questions that are cleverly written and fairly rigid at the same time, and a producer's job expands one's creative mind of what a game show should look like and how it should be played.

BillCullen1

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 05:47:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'196248\' date=\'Sep 6 2008, 12:54 PM\']
The only position on a game show that I would ever be interested in is host.  Why?  Because the host gets the biggest salary and the most attention.  All other people can be replaced at the drop of a hat.
[/quote]

Oh Oh, another Bob Barker in training?

To answer the question, I'd go with question writer as my first choice, contestant coordinator as the second choice.

Chief-O

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 06:16:35 PM »
I'd either direct or do something technical. I've got experience in running cameras and character generator.
.....and it goes like this!!!

WhammyGuy28

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 08:03:39 PM »
Official Prize Tester.  I'll make sure the Alaskan cruise isn't crap before we give it away. =)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 08:04:15 PM by WhammyGuy28 »
"What kind of man would live in a world where there is no daring? I don't believe in taking foolish chances, but nothing can be accomplished without taking any chance at all."

-- Charles Augustus Lindberg

Don Howard

Your Game Show Position
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
Bouncer. Anyone in the audience shouts out or even whispers an answer, I grab by the throat, slam their head into the door, kick him in the azz down the stairs, again in the face and out the door.
Announcer's taken by geno, so I'll settle for hair stylist. I'll make ya look good, Jimmy.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 08:41:59 PM by Don Howard »