Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rich List Revival Coming to GSN!  (Read 6768 times)

Jay Temple

Rich List Revival Coming to GSN!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 07:08:45 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'195618\' date=\'Aug 31 2008, 11:36 AM\']Only thing is, they might wanna go for lists with a set number of items (i.e., instead of Best Picture winners, do Best Picture Winners of the 1980s). Otherwise, you could go on and on forever.[/quote]
Best Picture winners does have a set number of items; the number just happens to be in the 80's. More importantly, if they choose the contestants the way they do on certain other shows, they don't want to artificially limit the choices. (Do you want to see the list end at two because someone picks the Best Pic from 1978? Or worse, because they pick The Deer Hunter, which was named Best Pic of 1979 at the March 1980 ceremony?)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 07:15:25 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'195618\' date=\'Aug 31 2008, 12:36 PM\']
Oh, and don't have your champions change outfits during the same episode!
[/quote]

Alternately, don't stop tape while that happens.
@lambertman

cyclone45

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 03:39:10 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen? I present to you the ORIGINAL Rich List... It was called Auction, and I hosted over ICQ back in 2001.. Check it out! http://webrookie.multiservers.com/auction :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 07:42:41 PM »
Um, it wasn't exactly a new concept in 2001 either.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'200719\' date=\'Oct 30 2008, 03:26 AM\']
I'm just thrilled at having my name attached to a seven year old 'net game hosted by someone who stormed out of here a couple months ago.
[/quote]

Just curious. What was it that he did wrong years ago, that made him get so much hate from you, and just about everyone else on this site, and as a result, made him leave the boards a couple of months ago?

And did this date back to the ATGS days, as well?

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 05:56:25 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'200728\' date=\'Oct 30 2008, 09:52 AM\']
Just curious. What was it that he did wrong years ago, that made him get so much hate from you, and just about everyone else on this site, and as a result, made him leave the boards a couple of months ago?

[/quote]
I don't remember the exact details, but he made some ridiculous statement. When called out on it, he threw a fit and left the board.

He then returned several months later, got called out again, and threw another fit before leaving the board again. However, on that second occasion, he made a crass comment invoking the late Randy Amasia.

ETA: Start here, the offensive comment starts at post #14. I don't know where his original sayonara is; my loss of respect for Wuthrich kinda hinders my desire to search for the post...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 06:00:21 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TroubadourNando

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »
So when IS The Money List starting anyway? I'm gonna need something to drain the welt of Vieira Millionaire...

/remembers the Randy Amasia incident but is otherwise lost

chad1m

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 11:17:16 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'200783\' date=\'Oct 30 2008, 08:42 PM\'] the welt of Vieira Millionaire...[/quote]We get it. You don't like syndicated Millionaire. Thank you very much. Please move along.

cyclone45

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 02:27:31 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'200728\' date=\'Oct 30 2008, 09:52 AM\']
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'200719\' date=\'Oct 30 2008, 03:26 AM\']
I'm just thrilled at having my name attached to a seven year old 'net game hosted by someone who stormed out of here a couple months ago.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Whoa whoa WHOA I don't think we're talking about the same thread here... I never "stormed out" months ago. I just hardly ever post here. Mark, please defend yourself. Cause I never posted those offending comments you speak of.

BrandonFG

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 09:45:40 AM »
[quote name=\'cyclone45\' post=\'200804\' date=\'Oct 31 2008, 02:27 AM\']
Whoa whoa WHOA I don't think we're talking about the same thread here... I never "stormed out" months ago. I just hardly ever post here. Mark, please defend yourself. Cause I never posted those offending comments you speak of.
[/quote]
No, you're safe...for now. ;-)

The guy in question is the one who ran the Netgame that you linked. A few months ago, he made a comment that some members found disparaging. He then stormed off the board and returned a few months later. When mocked for returning (after such a dramatic exit), he posted a couple of rants, and brought up a respected, deceased member of another forum.

The link I posted a couple posts up includes the second round of rants...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TroubadourNando

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 12:22:04 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'200791\' date=\'Oct 30 2008, 11:17 PM\']
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'200783\' date=\'Oct 30 2008, 08:42 PM\'] the welt of Vieira Millionaire...[/quote]We get it. You don't like syndicated Millionaire. Thank you very much. Please move along.
[/quote]

People harp on much more annoying things here (see: 'mid, Donny; Karn, Richard)

cyclone45

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 01:31:39 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'200806\' date=\'Oct 31 2008, 09:45 AM\']
[quote name=\'cyclone45\' post=\'200804\' date=\'Oct 31 2008, 02:27 AM\']
[/quote]
No, you're safe...for now. ;-)

The guy in question is the one who ran the Netgame that you linked. A few months ago, he made a comment that some members found disparaging. He then stormed off the board and returned a few months later. When mocked for returning (after such a dramatic exit), he posted a couple of rants, and brought up a respected, deceased member of another forum.

The link I posted a couple posts up includes the second round of rants...
[/quote]

Yeh well I actually ran it, he was my peroducer, so thats why I thought you were referruing to me.