Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weekday WoF and J! on GSN  (Read 6834 times)

JMFabiano

Weekday WoF and J! on GSN
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2003, 12:47:45 AM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Oct 13 2003, 07:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Oct 13 2003, 08:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Oct 13 2003, 06:35 PM\'] GSN does this all the time with all the shows (save for the MG3).......running the same 150 eps of the same shows. [/quote]
No, they don't.  They do it with the shows they are apparently leasing.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
Then, if you want to nitpick, how about they LEASE A DIFFERENT YEAR OF SHOWS? Oh wait, that costs money, something Bob Boden won't spend for sure. We are lucky that he even bought Millionaire. [/quote]
 Actually, I think it becomes more and more obvious that any classics-positive work was carried by Boden.  Remember, there IS another person to blame, and one whom someone commented to me already made two cable channels inferior comared to their earlier quality.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2003, 09:05:36 AM »
Actually, I think it becomes more and more obvious that any classics-positive work was carried by Boden. Remember, there IS another person to blame, and one whom someone commented to me already made two cable channels inferior comared to their earlier quality.

How many years does he have left on his contract anyway?

Considering the cudos he's recently gotten for the "Governor of California" special, I somehow doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon.  So I guess we're stuck with GSN the way it is.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2003, 05:03:48 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Oct 15 2003, 11:47 PM\']Actually, I think it becomes more and more obvious that any classics-positive work was carried by Boden.  Remember, there IS another person to blame, and one whom someone commented to me already made two cable channels inferior comared to their earlier quality.[/quote]
Cronin *launched* TV Land.  What might be interpreted as making the channel inferior was done by his successors.  And Nick-at-Nite always has to consider the fact that they're leading out of Nickelodeon every night, especially when Nick started programming in the first hour of prime time.  That makes it their job to hang on to at least part of the Nick audience until their bedtimes.

And technically, he was launching Fox Family, as well, since they had none of the programming contracts from the Pat Robertson days except "700 Club"--although there may've been other people to blame in the Fox organization for the channel's lack of success (hellooooooo, Haim Saban!).  Consider that the Disney folks, despite their success in remaking the Disney Channel, haven't scored any particular successes with ABC Family yet--and that the Robertson FAM was never that well-programmed either, except for the Tony Thompoulos years that got cut off by Robertson selling the channel to Fox.

Oh, yeah--the guy running daytime programming for Thomopoulos at FAM was someone named Bob Boden.  :)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2003, 05:20:44 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Oct 14 2003, 03:01 PM\'] This is Michael Fleming's last little gift to GSN--he made a lot of no-subscriber fee deals with systems to increase carriage in the late 90s (including the TCI/AT&T/Comcast digital tier deal), and if they're not collecting subscriber fees from a significant number of systems, that's gotta hurt--especially when you're a niche channel that features programming ad agencies are hostile to. [/quote]
 Which must have expired, now, because GSN has been moved down a tier in service--it's on the $6.95/extra per month digital tier; whereas GAS and G4 remain on basic digital. (Here in Central Iowa, anyhow).
--Mark
Phil 4:13