Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR Season 37 changes  (Read 68085 times)

Neumms

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 03:30:56 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'191490\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 09:49 PM\']
GWe know Gas Money and the video wall are coming.
[/quote]

We do? What's Gas Money?

chad1m

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 03:38:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'191538\' date=\'Jul 21 2008, 03:30 PM\']What's Gas Money?[/quote]The newest pricing game, the last created by Roger Dobkowitz.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 03:40:02 PM by chad1m »

TheInquisitiveOne

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 04:44:54 PM »
I wanted to wait to see what "changes" were in store before I passed judgment on this board. As I thought, it was...nothing.

I loved Roger as much as the next guy. I met him when I went to one of Bob's last six shows in 2007, when he wanted to see how long the lines were. He was cool, and I will miss his contributions on the show.

No matter what changes are made to the personnel, the set, or even the host, The Price is Right will always be The Price is Right. My only gripe (which is minor) is that Drew needs to add energy to his delivery...it's just too monotone.

An augmentation to the wheel prizes were in order, and I think the prize levels are just right. I'd make the first $1 worth $5,000, or even $2,500...but it's no big deal.

A video wall? I have expressed support for the wall since our days at the Invision board. I think it would do fine on the turntable. And keep this in mind, as well: they had a video wall during the 30th Anniversary Special in Vegas. Granted, it wasn't used for the show, but it was on the stage proper. It works when used correctly. I support its use on the turntable.

Let things be...I am sure everything will be just fine. As long as, in my opinion, the SCSD and the SC proper stay as it has been for the last few decades, then all will still be right for the world.

The Optimistic, Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

J.R.

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 04:55:50 PM »
I like the idea of a video wall too. I think it could be a fine replacement for games that are falling apart or decades old.

To those that have been there, isn't it true that many of the games look very worn out and scratched up close?

/Bonus Game's board dates back to the very first episode?
-Joe Raygor

tpirfan28

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 04:58:09 PM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'191566\' date=\'Jul 21 2008, 04:55 PM\']
To those that have been there, isn't it true that many of the games look very worn out and scratched up close?

/Bonus Game's board dates back to the very first episode?
[/quote]
I have all but the first two recorded in HD here on my computer.  When I get some time, I'll upload images of some of the more "glaring" examples.

/Yes.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

DrJWJustice

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 05:58:22 PM »
Good news so far, but I'm not convinced we're out of the woods yet. We know Gas Money and the video wall are coming.
[/quote]

WoF survived the addition of a video wall in place of the red, yellow and blue scoreboards.  Methinks TPiR will go on.  

The wheel bonuses should have happened a long time ago, to be sure, and I echo the remarks on the MDS set being more pleasing to the eye.  We'll possibly see the changes that had us up in arms earlier, but they'll probably be introduced a few at a time to make them more palatable.  The show will go on.

TroubadourNando

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 06:02:42 PM »
I'm not sure I was interpreted correctly...

I merely mentioned Gas Money and the video wall just to show that there are still pending changes, positive or negative not withstanding. I'm actually quite excited for Gas Money, and for the video wall, once the initial surprise wore off, I became rather 'eh' to it.

My position on the general situation at this time is that neither the doomsayers nor their opposites can really call victory just yet, that is all. I'm hoping with everything I've got that my initial overreaction elsewhere was wrong.

davidhammett

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 08:48:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' post=\'191458\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 08:02 PM\']
-For the first week of tapings, the "regular" Wheel spaces have a purple color to them, but will supposedly go back to normal at next week's tapings (according to Drew)
[/quote]
I have a hard time believing they would have them purple for just a few shows and then change them back... because what's so special about this week's tapings if they're not week #1 of the new season?  Either they decided at the last minute that the original wheel did actually look better, or perhaps that was just Drew's way of placating the crowd... my money is on the latter.

LA the DJ

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 09:11:25 PM »
It's possible they got out the purple wheel and once they saw it in action in front of an audience they said "naaah"... After all, how many times did fonts change last season?
If this is true, it'll be strange seeing the purple wheel appear and disappear for a week.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

TroubadourNando

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 09:13:55 PM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' post=\'191581\' date=\'Jul 21 2008, 05:58 PM\']
Good news so far, but I'm not convinced we're out of the woods yet. We know Gas Money and the video wall are coming.
[/quote]

WoF survived the addition of a video wall in place of the red, yellow and blue scoreboards.  Methinks TPiR will go on.  

The wheel bonuses should have happened a long time ago, to be sure, and I echo the remarks on the MDS set being more pleasing to the eye.  We'll possibly see the changes that had us up in arms earlier, but they'll probably be introduced a few at a time to make them more palatable.  The show will go on.
[/quote]

This pretty much sums up what I meant in my original post.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 10:21:36 PM »
Why is introducing a new game a BAD thing?
It's not a bad thing, even if the game has been around for 32 years and the E.P. THINKS it's a new game ;-)

ClockGameJohn

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 03:52:30 AM »
[quote name=\'davidhammett\' post=\'191616\' date=\'Jul 21 2008, 08:48 PM\']
I have a hard time believing they would have them purple for just a few shows and then change them back... because what's so special about this week's tapings if they're not week #1 of the new season?  Either they decided at the last minute that the original wheel did actually look better, or perhaps that was just Drew's way of placating the crowd... my money is on the latter.
[/quote]

You know I'd rarely disagree with you, but you'd be wrong on this one.  The Big Wheel has been a very interesting 'controversy' this week.  It's going back to its "normal" look tomorrow afternoon.

cmjb13

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 08:28:49 AM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'191564\' date=\'Jul 21 2008, 04:44 PM\']
A video wall? I have expressed support for the wall since our days at the Invision board. I think it would do fine on the turntable. And keep this in mind, as well: they had a video wall during the 30th Anniversary Special in Vegas. Granted, it wasn't used for the show, but it was on the stage proper. It works when used correctly. I support its use on the turntable.
[/quote]
There's no way the video wall they tested last month could be used on the turntable. It's too big.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 12:43:20 PM »
IIRC, Bonus Game, Clock Game and Five Price Tags are the oldest games using essentially the same boards/props as September 1972.  The NCR cash register in Grocery Game's the same (and I suspect the table's the same, just repainted and reworked).  (Three of the four light stanchions in Five Price Tags still show the shelves from the days they were used for Most Expensive, with the numbers plastered on the top.)

Neumms

TPiR Season 37 changes
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 02:07:01 PM »
Any chance they'd put the video wall behind the audience, back where one of the lit-up TPIR signs is? They could use it for trips and for a groovy graphic treatment in the opening. They probably wouldn't use it for pricing games, then, and that's a good thing.