Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Perry Mason  (Read 962 times)

clanky06

Perry Mason
« on: July 04, 2008, 11:30:47 PM »
I guess I'm almost as much of a Perry Mason fan as a game show fan. Amazon briefly offered the 50th Anniversary Edition DVD set for $25 rather than the usual $35, so I ordered it. On the Disc3 - Disc 4 inside, they list Special Thanks to a number of people I don't recognize—except for Fred Wostbrock! Now I've chatted with Fred a couple of times at the GSC, and I know that he's "everybody's" agent, but I'm curious to know what he did in conjunction with the Perry Mason DVD set. Well, in the "Special Features" (extras), they have the cast playing Stump the Stars, so maybe he was involved in that in some way.

Incidentally, the last episode in the 50th Edition set is 5/22/66, "The Case of the Final Fadeout," which has Dick Clark as a guest star.

For a final Perry Mason - game show connection, my sister Karen was a contestant on Password on 9/30/63, and the celebrities were Raymond Burr and Polly Bergen. Now according to Karen, Raymond Burr was very warm and friendly, while Polly was more snobbish. In those days, Password was taped in New York, but they periodically came to Los Angeles for a few shows. Karen's main contact with the show was Fred Tatashore. It is (or was?) in the GSN library. It would be a kick to get a tape of the episode some day.