Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune...  (Read 14402 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune...
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 04:39:09 PM »
[quote name=\'kenbob_clarker\' post=\'190020\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 01:13 PM\']
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'189598\' date=\'Jul 3 2008, 05:51 PM\']
If he wants to be nice to the Bandit, then that's his prerogative. But he shouldn't just go off half-cocked and assume that those of us who do choose to pick on him (the Bandit, that is) don't have a reason to do so.

Hopefully now he does understand.
[/quote]

I suppose it's understandable.  I just wondered because I'm fairly new here, added to the fact that a kind, forgiving nature runs in my family.  I can't find it in me to bash someone so heavily just for saying the wrong thing on a message board.  That's just me, though.
[/quote]

Understandable, but most of us here have kind, forgiving natures.

In the Bandit's case, it's repeated wrong-headed sayings followed by a constant unwillingness to change his ways that gets him in trouble with most of us. Once or twice, fine. A pattern of behavior over five years? Not so much.

Back on topic, I must be one of about 3 people on this planet who's actually a little excited about next season.  It's mostly out of curoisity though.  I can only hope that they don't overplay the fact that A Million Dollaz is on the line so heavily that it interferes with what little of the actual game time hasn't alreay been eaten up by sponsor plugs.

I can't say one way or another if they will or they won't beat the Million Dollar point to death, but Wheel's been doing all these gimmicks for the last few years and they still draw the most syndicated viewers every week. So while it may not seem that way to a lot of us here, they must be doing something right if they're still topping the charts (although with 2/3 less viewers than in their heyday).

I'm sure there are plenty of people excited...whether you find them here or not doesn't mean anything. Wheel's still popular, people are still gonna watch. We're just a message board group.

/if we were a planet, what would we be called?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:41:28 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2008, 09:33:57 PM »
[quote name=\'kenbob_clarker\' post=\'190020\' date=\'Jul 7 2008, 11:13 AM\']Back on topic, I must be one of about 3 people on this planet who's actually a little excited about next season.  It's mostly out of curoisity though.  I can only hope that they don't overplay the fact that A Million Dollaz is on the line so heavily that it interferes with what little of the actual game time hasn't alreay been eaten up by sponsor plugs.[/quote]I think you can expect "We have the chance of a million dollar win every night!" to be dropped every chance they can get, even though the chances of it are so remote that I don't think they will give it away once in the whole year.
Travis L. Eberle

bandit_bobby

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »
Getting back on topic here, the Million Dollar Wedge won't be available in just the first round unlike in Austrailia. To see what I mean, visit this site and scroll down a bit to see part of the Sony Press Release for Wheel.

http://www.gameshownewsnet.com

weaklink75

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2008, 12:14:46 PM »
I would think the odds of having a million dollar winner just increased.....I'd bet that WOF gets a million dollar winner before DoND does (primetime or daytime- since you know they'll increase the daytime values for Sweeps)

J.R.

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2008, 10:34:20 AM »
Here's an official announcement from WOF's website (Includes pic of the $1M wedge):

http://www.wheeloffortune.com/announcements/?article=18
-Joe Raygor