Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune...  (Read 14400 times)

TimK2003

Million Dollar Wheel of Fortune...
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 08:47:15 PM »
Every time I think WOF has "jumped the shark" for the last time, they take a lap around the bay and do it again!  (How many laps are they up to now???)

Now I'm just waiting for some producer to do "Million Dollar 'Heads or Tails'" where a contestant climbs a 10 level money ladder just by correctly calling "heads" or "tails" to win the million.

Casey Buck

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 09:41:48 PM »
Here's what the $1,000,000 wedge will look like:

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2194/epicfailkx0.gif
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:42:40 PM by Casey Buck »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 09:57:46 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'189414\' date=\'Jun 30 2008, 09:40 PM\']I hope that the format for winning the $1,000,000 isn't the same as the one in Austrailia.[/quote]Everyone, raise your hand if you give a damn what this guy says. Go on, I'll wait.

<tum te tummmm...>

[quote name=\'Kevin Prather\' post=\'189427\' date=\'Jul 1 2008, 11:01 AM\']That's a pretty interesting idea. Do you take the almost guaranteed $10K (assuming you're a skilled Wheel player), or do you give it up for an almost guaranteed 1/24 shot at a million? I'd probably go for it, just because I'm confident in my abilities to almost make up the $10k throughout the game even if I don't nail the million.[/quote]I'm sure many of us here are better than average players, but I have never in all my years found someone who has heard of the show and admitted that they'd be perfectly awful as a contestant.

(For what it's worth, it would be trivial to make up the $10k, but if we go by what the Aussies are doing, you still have to 1) win and 2) spin the $1m envelope. I'm risk averse anyway and also love free money, so I'd be inclined to stick with the guaranteed money.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 11:54:14 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'189449\' date=\'Jul 1 2008, 08:57 PM\']
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'189414\' date=\'Jun 30 2008, 09:40 PM\']I hope that the format for winning the $1,000,000 isn't the same as the one in Austrailia.[/quote]Everyone, raise your hand if you give a damn what this guy says. Go on, I'll wait.

<tum te tummmm...>
[/quote]

You forgot the last tum.

/That's what I hear when I read bandit-ese...
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

kenbob_clarker

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 04:06:16 PM »
I apologize for straying from the topic, and am open to any Wows, Whooshes, or Fails I might get for saying this, but it is totally beyond me why bandit_bobby is so hated around here.  Every time he makes a post, he gets at least 3 totally hateful and uncalled for comments thrown his way.  He may not always have the wittiest thing to say, but all he seems to want to do is add a little to a discussion.

Again, sorry for going totally OT, and for standing up for someone who is apparently a troll.  I just felt like that needed saying.

/Flame away.
John 3:16.  The best news you'll ever read.

aaron sica

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 04:44:41 PM »
[quote name=\'kenbob_clarker\' post=\'189487\' date=\'Jul 2 2008, 04:06 PM\']
He may not always have the wittiest thing to say, but all he seems to want to do is add a little to a discussion.
[/quote]

No flames necessary...But the reason he gets flamed so much is that, IIRC, he has never added anything useful to a discussion.

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 06:09:18 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'189488\' date=\'Jul 2 2008, 04:44 PM\']
[quote name=\'kenbob_clarker\' post=\'189487\' date=\'Jul 2 2008, 04:06 PM\']
He may not always have the wittiest thing to say, but all he seems to want to do is add a little to a discussion.
[/quote]

No flames necessary...But the reason he gets flamed so much is that, IIRC, he has never added anything useful to a discussion.
[/quote]
I wouldn't say he's hated, and kenbob, your question is valid. The problem with bandit is that he has a history of making fairly ridiculous posts, treats his opinion as fact (and even tries to ridicule others when he doesn't agree), and his posts are somewhat condescending. I'm all about expressing opinions, but I can't go asking for everyone to respect my opinion, then trash others just because I disagree with them.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 08:48:52 PM »
[quote name=\'kenbob_clarker\' post=\'189487\' date=\'Jul 2 2008, 01:06 PM\']but it is totally beyond me why bandit_bobby is so hated around here. [/quote] Give it time. I'm happy to explain. For me, bandit_bobby embodies everything that I don't like about the internet. Mr. Foster-Gray nailed it; his posts are laced with a condescension that isn't appropriate. Back when he first started here, he would "recap" Jeopardy! episodes. That is to say, there would be errors all over the place, important details missing, and so on. I don't know whether that was the haste to be first, or just laziness/non-caring on his part. But it kept up, and there was never any contrition on his part. One time he said "I'll try to be better," and he wasn't. Thankfully he took that part to his silly "game show results" blog, which he'd try to advertise here by saying "If you want to know what happened on tonight's episode of Wheel of Fortune, click on [my blog]." (Of course, when he made a goof on THAT site, he was all too ready to apologize to his eight adoring fans.)

Every time he makes a post, he gets at least 3 totally hateful and uncalled for comments thrown his way.  He may not always have the wittiest thing to say, but all he seems to want to do is add a little to a discussion.
1) The comments are called for, as long as they stay within the realm of the ERs we all signed on.

2) He wants to have this place as his own personal sandbox. He'll jump in with a nonsensical statement, and then run away, leaving us to clean up after him. I don't recall a single time that he followed up one of his comments by actually defending it. It was always "I think Family Feud should offer $100,000 in Fast Money." A reason was never given. When asked directly, no reply was forthcoming.

That's it. I don't like his behavior, and the fact that he has made no effort to change in the years he's been here.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 10:10:04 PM »
Also, I believe in myself and a tiny pinch of magic, and so far, not all of my dreams have come true.

I blame him.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 10:13:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'189498\' date=\'Jul 2 2008, 07:10 PM\']Also, I believe in myself and a tiny pinch of magic, and so far, not all of my dreams have come true.

I blame him.[/quote]When you're Matt Ottinger, you don't NEED a pinch of magic.

/The absurd meme that just won't die.
Travis L. Eberle

J.R.

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 12:13:26 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'189495\' date=\'Jul 2 2008, 07:48 PM\']It was always "I think Family Feud should offer $100,000 in Fast Money." A reason was never given. When asked directly, no reply was forthcoming.[/quote]
My personal "favorite" is when he insisted American Idol would be better if the grand prize was raised to $10,000,000.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 12:15:21 AM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

PYLdude

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 12:35:01 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'189504\' date=\'Jul 2 2008, 11:13 PM\']
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'189495\' date=\'Jul 2 2008, 07:48 PM\']It was always "I think Family Feud should offer $100,000 in Fast Money." A reason was never given. When asked directly, no reply was forthcoming.[/quote]
My personal "favorite" is when he insisted American Idol would be better if the grand prize was raised to $10,000,000.
[/quote]

Ah, yes...the debut of Matthew Lesko on the GSF.

I could've sworn there was at least once where he defended something he said...maybe I'm thinking of one of the other post and run guys (perhaps Henke, maybe, now that I think about it)?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 12:38:48 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'189505\' date=\'Jul 2 2008, 09:35 PM\']
Ah, yes...the debut of Matthew Lesko on the GSF.[/quote]
Wasn't the debut...he made that at my request. :) Just the first chance HE got to use it on someone. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 12:58:17 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'189506\' date=\'Jul 2 2008, 11:38 PM\']
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'189505\' date=\'Jul 2 2008, 09:35 PM\']
Ah, yes...the debut of Matthew Lesko on the GSF.[/quote]
Wasn't the debut...he made that at my request. :) Just the first chance HE got to use it on someone. :)
[/quote]

Ah, I see.

/I suck at making stuff like that
//Surprised no one said anything about my "holy missing the point, batman" thing
///I know it's not a big deal, but hey
////I gotta stop doing the slashies, I'm going crazy

BrandonFG

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 02:54:23 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'189505\' date=\'Jul 3 2008, 12:35 AM\']
I could've sworn there was at least once where he defended something he said...maybe I'm thinking of one of the other post and run guys (perhaps Henke, maybe, now that I think about it)?
[/quote]
He has defended himself once or twice before, but I can't remember the post.

//Surprised no one said anything about my "holy missing the point, batman" thing
And my FAIL pictures! >:o ;-)

/Still my favorite one though...
//Although, this one from Lemon gives me a good laugh...
///*snort, chuckle* 69...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 02:55:11 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!