Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bingo America gets Second Season  (Read 5049 times)

Matt Ottinger

Bingo America gets Second Season
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 10:56:04 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'189273\' date=\'Jun 29 2008, 09:59 AM\']I know what you're hinting at, but Duffy's "prior claim to fame" was the family friendly and long running "Step by Step".[/quote]
There are some of us old enough to remember Patrick Duffy's "prior claim to fame" as the title character in The Man From Atlantis.

It's also possible that Mr. Raygor doesn't realize that what Jay is talking about is not Dallas, but Duffy's much more recent stint on the decidedly less than family-friendly soap opera The Bold and The Beautiful.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

J.R.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 11:36:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'189275\' date=\'Jun 29 2008, 09:56 AM\']It's also possible that Mr. Raygor doesn't realize that what Jay is talking about is not Dallas, but Duffy's much more recent stint on the decidedly less than family-friendly soap opera The Bold and The Beautiful.[/quote]
A-ha, now I see what Mr. Temple was getting at.

Since I very rarely watch any daytime soaps, that didn't really enter my mind. (Once in a while, I'll keep the TV on CBS if I don't feel like getting up and grabbing the remote after TPIR. Plus, it brings back old memories with my grandmothers who watched them religiously)

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:37:12 AM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 02:52:09 PM »
I was raised Baptist and, as a kid, I always wondered why we were forbidden to play Bingo while my Catholic friends were playing it AT CHURCH. :)

/rhetorical.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Jay Temple

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'189275\' date=\'Jun 29 2008, 09:56 AM\']
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'189273\' date=\'Jun 29 2008, 09:59 AM\']I know what you're hinting at, but Duffy's "prior claim to fame" was the family friendly and long running "Step by Step".[/quote]
There are some of us old enough to remember Patrick Duffy's "prior claim to fame" as the title character in The Man From Atlantis.

It's also possible that Mr. Raygor doesn't realize that what Jay is talking about is not Dallas, but Duffy's much more recent stint on the decidedly less than family-friendly soap opera The Bold and The Beautiful.
[/quote]
Actually, I was talking about Dallas, but I'd agree that B&B is ironic too, expecially since it aired concurrently with Bingo America.

ETA: In any case, I wasn't referring specifically to Duffy's character, but just to the show at large.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:59:10 PM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.