Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bingo America gets Second Season  (Read 5050 times)

xavier45

Bingo America gets Second Season
« on: June 19, 2008, 10:10:39 PM »
Looks like GSN finally has a hit Game Show. Bingo America has been renewed for a second season, and the new episodes will premiere in the fall. This comes from Buzzerblog.

It really isn't the best show out there by any stretch of the imagination, but at least it is helping GSN in the ratings.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 10:57:17 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'188502\' date=\'Jun 19 2008, 10:10 PM\']
Looks like GSN finally has a hit Game Show. Bingo America has been renewed for a second season, and the new episodes will premiere in the fall. [/quote]
I'm not sure that a renewal and "hit game show" are nearly the same thing.  Lots of GSN originals got at least two seasons, many of which were never really considered hits.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:46:32 AM »
Plus, GSN's business model is much different than your classic weekday strip game show. A "full season" on GSN is often fewer episodes than the colossal failures of yore.
@lambertman

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 01:28:22 PM »
The web traffic probably has something to do with it, and maybe this as well.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:28:37 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

xavier45

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 01:45:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'188506\' date=\'Jun 19 2008, 10:57 PM\']
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'188502\' date=\'Jun 19 2008, 10:10 PM\']
Looks like GSN finally has a hit Game Show. Bingo America has been renewed for a second season, and the new episodes will premiere in the fall. [/quote]
I'm not sure that a renewal and "hit game show" are nearly the same thing.  Lots of GSN originals got at least two seasons, many of which were never really considered hits.
[/quote]
Just reporting what Alex Davis from Buzzerblog said.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 01:51:04 PM »
Would be nice to see them go for a more dramatic bonus round, since, y'know they want to offer $100,000. Matching numbers on a computerized game board is incredibly dull.

One thing I give D/ND credit for, the use of actual cases with dollar amounts, so that you physically know what dollar amount exists where.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 02:09:17 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'188543\' date=\'Jun 20 2008, 10:45 AM\']
Just reporting what Alex Davis from Buzzerblog said.[/quote]
And as we've said a million times, Alex has an account here and is perfectly capable of shamelessly pimping his blog without anyone's help.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

itiparanoid13

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 03:23:47 PM »
Yes, thanks.  And honestly I see no reason in pimping my site here anymore and I'd feel bad if I did.  In the beginning I did just because I wanted to get some hits and some form of a crowd, and I still feel bad about the excessive amount of plugging I used to do.  I can only imagine how much it drove people crazy.  I think if anyone wants to visit they can without being herded in like cattle.  I'd rather just participate in the conversations here.

I'd just like to note that calling Bingo America a "hit" was not editorializing by me.  It was called that in the press release.  GSN's ratings are incredibly hard to get and counting that every press person under Cronin (and basically anyone of any decent position under Cronin) is gone, I'm having major issues getting any form of number for it or anything currently.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:27:33 PM by itiparanoid13 »

catnap1972

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 06:59:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'188542\' date=\'Jun 20 2008, 01:28 PM\']
The web traffic probably has something to do with it, and maybe this as well.
[/quote]

All the more reason to avoid it like the plague

davemackey

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 01:03:34 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'188543\' date=\'Jun 20 2008, 01:45 PM\']
[/quote]
Wake me when you have something of your own to say. Good night.

tvwxman

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 01:08:17 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'189227\' date=\'Jun 28 2008, 01:03 PM\']
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'188543\' date=\'Jun 20 2008, 01:45 PM\']
[/quote]
Wake me when you have something of your own to say. Good night.
[/quote]
You'll be sleeping a very, VERY long time.

/Let Alex write his own damn posts...everyone else just read quietly to themselves.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »
Mr. Catnap -
I think I'll live up to my name here. Despite the snark, think about it. Your opinion aside, if any group that promotes television watchable for everyone highlights a game show, it has the benefit of suggesting to people who are uber-selective (rightly or wrongly) in their viewing to consider other game shows, like the new Password. The more viewers games get, the more the genre will grow. For all I care, if the American Association of Athiests told their members to rally and watch Catch-21 and it's ratings success leads to more new original programming, that's fine. I don't have to agree with them to benefit from the outcome. And besides...some of us conservative/evangelical types ain't so bad :-)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 10:05:18 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' post=\'189235\' date=\'Jun 28 2008, 03:44 PM\']
I think I'll live up to my name here. Despite the snark, think about it. Your opinion aside, if any group that promotes television watchable for everyone highlights a game show, it has the benefit of suggesting to people who are uber-selective (rightly or wrongly) in their viewing to consider other game shows, like the new Password. The more viewers games get, the more the genre will grow. For all I care, if the American Association of Athiests told their members to rally and watch Catch-21 and it's ratings success leads to more new original programming, that's fine. I don't have to agree with them to benefit from the outcome. And besides...some of us conservative/evangelical types ain't so bad :-)[/quote]
Very well put.  I was trying to come up with an adequate response a while ago, but I think you hit the nail on the head.  "I don't have to agree with them to benefit from the outcome" sums it up nicely.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jay Temple

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 01:29:53 AM »
LOS ANGELES (June 17, 2008) - The Parents Television Council™ presented its Seal of Approval™ to GSN’s “Bingo America” for excellence in family-friendly entertainment.
Ironic when you consider the host's primary claim to fame prior to this.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

J.R.

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 09:59:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' post=\'189263\' date=\'Jun 29 2008, 12:29 AM\']Ironic when you consider the host's primary claim to fame prior to this.[/quote]
I know what you're hinting at, but Duffy's "prior claim to fame" was the family friendly and long running "Step by Step".
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:00:08 AM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor