Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud with Al Roker  (Read 22433 times)

cmjb13

Family Feud with Al Roker
« on: June 01, 2008, 11:09:12 PM »
Just got back from a taping. While I won't spoil the outcome, here are the brackets for the 2 shows I saw.

Raven Simone Family v. Wayne Newton Family
Joan Rivers Family v. Ice-T Family
Winners square off against each other for $50,000 for charity

Bill Engvall Family v. Larry The Cable Guy Family
Vivica A. Fox Family v. Mo'nique Family
Winners square off against each other for $50,000 for charity.

A few notes on the show....

The set has been changed slightly. There is a runway Roker walks down. His entrance is similar to Match Game 90. There are different sound effects for the survey reveal and fast money.

Roker is a very capable host. He was channeling Ray Combs dancing during various parts of the show. I thought he was very good.

And the best part...

They brought back the classic theme. (thanks to NBC)

Specials scheduled to air sometime in July.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 11:09:24 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jay Temple

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 11:28:08 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'187256\' date=\'Jun 1 2008, 10:09 PM\']
Joan Rivers Family v. Ice-T Family
[/quote]
Somehow, this sounds like what an SNL writer would come up with.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

xavier45

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 08:28:06 AM »
Do they still play to 300 points or has that been changed?

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 10:11:48 AM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'187301\' date=\'Jun 2 2008, 08:28 AM\']
Do they still play to 300 points or has that been changed?
[/quote]
They still play to 300 points.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

entguy1

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 12:41:55 PM »
Considering the original release said they may also be friends, cast members, etc., are these real relations?

itiparanoid13

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »
I have a few minutes before I head out to finish my vacation, so I just wanted to ask this.  This upcoming question stems from a lot of comments and emails I get every year through my site when the show's new season starts.

Why do people think adding the classic theme to the show is "the best part"?  The classic twangy banjo music isn't going to fit on a modern neon lit extremely flashy set.  It's a fun theme and all and it fits on the older less busy sets, but as repetitive and occasionally annoying as the current stuff is, it works on what we have right now.  I know it's a well loved theme, but do people actually think the country-sounding classic music is going to work on the seizure inducing set that's present right now?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 12:54:08 PM by itiparanoid13 »

xavier45

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 01:13:02 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'187315\' date=\'Jun 2 2008, 12:47 PM\']
Why do people think adding the classic theme to the show is "the best part"?  The classic twangy banjo music isn't going to fit on a modern neon lit extremely flashy set.  It's a fun theme and all and it fits on the older less busy sets, but as repetitive and occasionally annoying as the current stuff is, it works on what we have right now.  I know it's a well loved theme, but do people actually think the country-sounding classic music is going to work on the seizure inducing set that's present right now?
[/quote]
Best example of this would be Karn's Feud. It should be interesting to see how it fits on this set.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'187315\' date=\'Jun 2 2008, 12:47 PM\']
I have a few minutes before I head out to finish my vacation, so I just wanted to ask this.  This upcoming question stems from a lot of comments and emails I get every year through my site when the show's new season starts.

[/quote]

Without the twangy music, how would you associate it with the Hatfield-McCoy family feud?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DrBear

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 10:03:11 PM »
Given that most family feuds today are over wills, maybe they could use a jazzy version of the Perry Mason theme...
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

wheelloon

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'187315\' date=\'Jun 2 2008, 12:47 PM\']Why do people think adding the classic theme to the show is "the best part"?  The classic twangy banjo music isn't going to fit on a modern neon lit extremely flashy set.  It's a fun theme and all and it fits on the older less busy sets, but as repetitive and occasionally annoying as the current stuff is, it works on what we have right now.  I know it's a well loved theme, but do people actually think the country-sounding classic music is going to work on the seizure inducing set that's present right now?
[/quote]
Which is why I've said many times, in the past, that the '94 theme should be brought back and used again. Everyone will recognize the tune as FF's, it's modern, has aged well, and I'd think you'd believe it would better "fit the set," as you argue the theme should. The opening music from '94, especially, I think is one of the best intro cues ever composed and would work fine in a primetime-ish environment.
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

cmjb13

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 11:47:10 PM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'187314\' date=\'Jun 2 2008, 12:41 PM\']
Considering the original release said they may also be friends, cast members, etc., are these real relations?
[/quote]
Some are family members (Rivers family) while some are a mixture (Raven Simone)

CJBojangles

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 10:03:31 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'187256\' date=\'Jun 1 2008, 11:09 PM\']The set has been changed slightly. There is a runway Roker walks down. [/quote]
Does this mean they did a variation of the current O'Hurley set? Or was an entirely new set done?

cmjb13

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 10:35:23 AM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'187407\' date=\'Jun 3 2008, 10:03 AM\']
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'187256\' date=\'Jun 1 2008, 11:09 PM\']The set has been changed slightly. There is a runway Roker walks down. [/quote]
Does this mean they did a variation of the current O'Hurley set? Or was an entirely new set done?
[/quote]
Variation of current set

tvrandywest

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 11:34:55 AM »
Right, Chris. The average viewer will think the set is the same.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Offshored2007

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 02:19:37 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'187413\' date=\'Jun 3 2008, 11:34 AM\']
Right, Chris. The average viewer will think the set is the same.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[/quote]
There are no average viewers here, for sure.   And I always wear my sunglasses watching the current version of "Feud"