Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Million Dollar Password taping  (Read 22101 times)

Clay Zambo

Million Dollar Password taping
« on: March 04, 2008, 03:03:23 PM »
According to WiredNewYork, MDP taped today.  I didn't see it until too late, so I didn't go--but has anybody seen ticketing announcements anywhere else, or for future dates?
czambo@mac.com

Queen of Nerdocrombesia

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 04:42:11 PM »
I actually came across an email today for tapings this weekend.  One on Friday, one on Monday, and two each on Saturday and Sunday.  Each taping session is listed as 3 hours, but judging from the recent track record of new shows, I'll believe it when I see it.

Any NY-area members up for a meet-up?
"These days, if a show doesn't make it in a couple of weeks, it goes out in the alley.  Faith has become too expensive."

--Garry Moore, 1979

toddyo

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »
Doesn't anyone ever tape in real time and allow a program to go NON-EDITED? Warts and all? That is the beauty of live to tape. Act like it's the real thing ALL THE TIME. Anyone with halfway decent software can edit 6 cameras and add stupid stagnant pauses and enhance audio.  Are the days of shoot a half hour show in a half hour gone???

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 05:22:22 PM »
[quote name=\'toddyo\' post=\'179937\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 02:11 PM\']
Are the days of shoot a half hour show in a half hour gone???
[/quote]
Yes.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Clay Zambo

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 10:26:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Queen of Nerdocrombesia\' post=\'179932\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 04:42 PM\']
[/quote]

Quite possible.  When's the Monday taping supposed to start?
czambo@mac.com

rigsby

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 11:02:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'180004\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 09:26 PM\']Quite possible.  When's the Monday taping supposed to start?[/quote]Saturday.

goongas

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 11:52:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Queen of Nerdocrombesia\' post=\'179932\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 04:42 PM\']
I actually came across an email today for tapings this weekend.  One on Friday, one on Monday, and two each on Saturday and Sunday.  Each taping session is listed as 3 hours, but judging from the recent track record of new shows, I'll believe it when I see it.

[/quote]

When are the tapings on Saturday? I will be in Manhattan on Saturday for a class and could possibly go to it after my class.

WhammyPower

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 01:05:51 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'179947\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 04:22 PM\']
[quote name=\'toddyo\' post=\'179937\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 02:11 PM\']
Are the days of shoot a half hour show in a half hour gone???
[/quote]
Yes.
[/quote]
I believe Price still shoots in an hour, no?

TonicBH

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 02:41:28 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'180026\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 10:05 PM\']
I believe Price still shoots in an hour, no?
[/quote]

As somebody who's been in the crowd of one, yes. Give or take 10 minutes.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 08:22:50 AM »
[quote name=\'toddyo\' post=\'179937\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 05:11 PM\']
Doesn't anyone ever tape in real time and allow a program to go NON-EDITED? Warts and all? That is the beauty of live to tape. Act like it's the real thing ALL THE TIME. Anyone with halfway decent software can edit 6 cameras and add stupid stagnant pauses and enhance audio.  Are the days of shoot a half hour show in a half hour gone???
[/quote]
This is the same show that wants janitors, so that America can root for an "underdog". Somehow I'm not surprised.

Not this sways my hopes for the show, but I don't like the idea of a game show "creating" a contestant. You either know how to play the game or you don't.

/Really sick of the PC crap making its way to game shows
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 08:23:37 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Clay Zambo

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 08:36:46 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'180044\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 08:22 AM\']
[/quote]

You'd prefer the Mac crap?
czambo@mac.com

lobster

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 08:38:10 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'180044\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 07:22 AM\']
This is the same show that wants janitors, so that America can root for an "underdog". Somehow I'm not surprised.

Not this sways my hopes for the show, but I don't like the idea of a game show "creating" a contestant. You either know how to play the game or you don't.

[/quote]

Yeah, somehow I get the feeling that me saying I was a web designer negates the quintessential-clue-giver  Password fan status I tried to project in their heads.  I even superimposed my head on top of a conestant playing alphabetics with Betty White as my photo :p ..

the audition room was clearly filled with people who couldn't give a crap less what show this was, only that the craigslist listing said they could win a million dollaz!

once again the hardcore fan is trumped by the idiots who've never watched password but can jump up and down and scream really well!  

/something i've come to expect from WOF.. but this?

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 08:45:09 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'180045\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 08:36 AM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'180044\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 08:22 AM\']
[/quote]

You'd prefer the Mac crap?
[/quote]
Touche. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 10:17:27 AM »
[quote name=\'lobster\' post=\'180047\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 08:38 AM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'180044\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 07:22 AM\']

[/quote]

Yeah, somehow I get the feeling that me saying I was a web designer negates the quintessential-clue-giver  Password fan status I tried to project in their heads.  I even superimposed my head on top of a conestant playing alphabetics with Betty White as my photo :p ..

the audition room was clearly filled with people who couldn't give a crap less what show this was, only that the craigslist listing said they could win a million dollaz!

once again the hardcore fan is trumped by the idiots who've never watched password but can jump up and down and scream really well!  

/something i've come to expect from WOF.. but this?
[/quote]
Absolutely seconded.

I can guarantee I'm one of the best Password players on this board, but my audition taught me a valuable lesson:

When you tell them how much you love their game and they give you a dirty look, run like hell.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 10:21:18 AM »
[quote name=\'lobster\' post=\'180047\' date=\'Mar 5 2008, 08:38 AM\']once again the hardcore fan is trumped by the idiots who've never watched password but can jump up and down and scream really well!  [/quote]Except for Price, when has being a hardcore been a good thing?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 10:32:18 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13