Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: toughest/easiest million  (Read 77165 times)

tpirfan28

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 07:01:39 PM »
Honest to God, I didn't even know that was a GS parody.  I thought it was a sarcastic remark.  Oh well...learn something new every day.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

MikeK

• Martha!
toughest/easiest million
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 07:18:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Chuck Sutton\' post=\'178618\' date=\'Feb 23 2008, 03:33 PM\']Right now the easiest is Deal or No Deal.

What other show gives you a 50-50 shot?[/quote]
The $1,000,000 Celebrity Coin Toss?

Easiest (IMO):  The Wonderwall on Winning Lines.  And she STILL had a freakin' pitstop.

Hardest:  Greed.  The only individual who won the million was Curtis Warren, and that's only because he had one of the simplest big bucks questions for his million dollar moment.

TenPoundHammer

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 07:40:30 PM »
[quote name=\'toetyper\' post=\'178597\' date=\'Feb 23 2008, 12:48 PM\']
of all shows that offer 1 million dollars. which one do you think had the toughest road to the million/ im excluding jeopardy because what ken did was soooooooooooooooo far from the  norm

toughest survivor

easiest, 1000000  chance of a lifetimep
[/quote]

I'd say toughest would be either Survivor because of all the crap you have to go through -- eating bugs and other (mostly) non-food items, using palm fronds for TP, dealing with bitchy teammates, etc. -- to win the million. (Are my mom and I the only two people on the planet who despised Survivor from the very first ep?)

Second place would be another show I hated from Day One -- The Meanest Weakest Link, only because the show's money ladder was so convoluted (broken?) that nobody even came close.

Easiest million on a game show? I'd have to agree with the OP here and pick $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime. I've always found game show Hangman derivatives word games to be fairly easy.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
toughest/easiest million
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 08:07:49 PM »
[quote name=\'TenPoundHammer\' post=\'178657\' date=\'Feb 23 2008, 04:40 PM\']I've always found game show Hangman derivatives word games to be fairly easy.[/quote]Except for that laundry list of Wheel of Fortune bonus round puzzles you couldn't solve so by fault they're the hardest in the show's history.
Travis L. Eberle

Robert Hutchinson

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 08:26:32 PM »
[quote name=\'TenPoundHammer\' post=\'178657\' date=\'Feb 23 2008, 07:40 PM\']Second place would be another show I hated from Day One -- The Meanest Weakest Link, only because the show's money ladder was so convoluted (broken?) that nobody even came close.[/quote]
How was the money ladder convoluted or broken? The more questions you get right, the more money you can win, with much larger payoffs for longer unbroken strings. But you have to bank the money before giving a wrong answer. And there's a limit of $125,000 ($12,500) ($25,000) (insert amount here) each round. Seems pretty simple to me--and all a contestant really had to internalize was "say 'bank' to play it safe, or don't to try to build up more money".

The reasons nobody came close to winning 1 million on that show: A) it required getting multiple long strings of questions correct, and B) it required the contestants to accept the risk of taking questions worth either Big Bucks or nothing rather than just playing it safe and shouting "bank".

Here's an unlikely-to-be-answered question (but who knows around here): on the $1M NBC version, what was the highest potential payout on any particular show's questions and answers, given perfect banking? I'd be shocked if that number was very much above $500,000.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
toughest/easiest million
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 12:24:39 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'178652\' date=\'Feb 23 2008, 06:55 PM\']
Thank goodness Chris C. put this in the archives for easy access!

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/9759/picardbv6rw9.jpg
[/quote]

So I guess my hope that this stupid picture would die a horrible death is...well, dying a horrible death.

Come on...THIS ONE IS BETTER! And a not so copyright-infringing way to express frustrations at the idiocy of some posts.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

dale_grass

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 12:57:20 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'178676\' date=\'Feb 24 2008, 01:24 AM\']
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'178652\' date=\'Feb 23 2008, 06:55 PM\']
Thank goodness Chris C. put this in the archives for easy access!

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/9759/picardbv6rw9.jpg
[/quote]

So I guess my hope that this stupid picture would die a horrible death is...well, dying a horrible death.

Come on...THIS ONE IS BETTER! And a not so copyright-infringing way to express frustrations at the idiocy of some posts.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I'm a fan of any putdown that involves either Patrick Stewart or Gene Wilder, and Chris has them both.  You're generic image is just that: generic.  It lacks a certain star fleet captain or chocolatier quality.  It's like watching a scene from Law & Order when someone's standing in front of a vending machine and it just says "Cola."  C'mon, NBC, pick Coke or Pepsi (and don't get me started on my Coke vs. Pepsi rant).

PYLdude

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 01:00:07 AM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'178677\' date=\'Feb 24 2008, 12:57 AM\']
I'm sorry, but I'm a fan of any putdown that involves either Patrick Stewart or Gene Wilder, and Chris has them both.  You're generic image is just that: generic.  It lacks a certain star fleet captain or chocolatier quality.  It's like watching a scene from Law & Order when someone's standing in front of a vending machine and it just says "Cola."  C'mon, NBC, pick Coke or Pepsi (and don't get me started on my Coke vs. Pepsi rant).
[/quote]

But there's a diff between the Wilder thing and the Picard thing...one sucks, the other doesn't.

(Wanna PM the Coke vs. Pepsi rant? Suddenly you piqued my curiosity, Mr. Grass. ;))
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

dale_grass

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 01:22:46 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'178678\' date=\'Feb 24 2008, 02:00 AM\']
(Wanna PM the Coke vs. Pepsi rant? Suddenly you piqued my curiosity, Mr. Grass. ;))
[/quote]

I was alluding to an earlier post where I skewed onto a tangent.

Basically, I love Coke and hate Pepsi, almost as much as I hate it when I go to a restaurant and discover they only have Pepsi products and the waitress just gives you a look of helplessness, as if to tell you she wasn't the one who chose which distributor to go with, and you want to smack her for that patronizing look, but then you realize she's just trying to be nice, so you order a Mountain Dew, even though Mountain Dew doesn't do anything for anyone soda-wise, and there isn't a food on God's green earth that goes well with Mountain Dew and never will be (except maybe certain Mexican dishes, but you'd have to stretch), and now you've got a great big glass of lemon-lime sadness sitting on your table whose smell reminds you it's time to mop the kitchen floor... y'know what?  I just like Coke better.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 01:23:32 AM by dale_grass »

Kevin Prather

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 01:26:05 AM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'178679\' date=\'Feb 23 2008, 10:22 PM\']
...and now you've got a great big glass of lemon-lime sadness sitting on your table whose smell reminds you it's time to mop the kitchen floor... y'know what?  I just like Coke better.
[/quote]
Mountain Dew is more of an orange soda than a lemon-lime, but your point still stands.

BrandonFG

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 01:27:36 AM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'178679\' date=\'Feb 24 2008, 01:22 AM\']
Basically, I love Coke and hate Pepsi, almost as much as I hate it when I go to a restaurant and discover they only have Pepsi products and the waitress just gives you a look of helplessness, as if to tell you she wasn't the one who chose which distributor to go with, and you want to smack her for that patronizing look, but then you realize she's just trying to be nice, so you order a Mountain Dew, even though Mountain Dew doesn't do anything for anyone soda-wise, and there isn't a food on God's green earth that goes well with Mountain Dew and never will be (except maybe certain Mexican dishes, but you'd have to stretch), and now you've got a great big glass of lemon-lime sadness sitting on your table whose smell reminds you it's time to mop the kitchen floor... y'know what?  I just like Coke better.
[/quote]
I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time.

/I still lol'd.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

dale_grass

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 01:28:21 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'178680\' date=\'Feb 24 2008, 02:26 AM\']
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'178679\' date=\'Feb 23 2008, 10:22 PM\']
...and now you've got a great big glass of lemon-lime sadness sitting on your table whose smell reminds you it's time to mop the kitchen floor... y'know what?  I just like Coke better.
[/quote]
Mountain Dew is more of an orange soda than a lemon-lime, but your point still stands.
[/quote]

Have you seen a glass of that stuff recently?  The only way an orange soda is that color is if the grove was located just outside Chernoyl.

PYLdude

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 01:43:07 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'178681\' date=\'Feb 24 2008, 01:27 AM\']
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'178679\' date=\'Feb 24 2008, 01:22 AM\']
[/quote]
I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time.

/I still lol'd.
[/quote]

As did I.

Well done, gentlemen.

Robert Hutchinson

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 02:22:43 AM »
As for me, I'll have tea, Earl Grey, hot.

(Here's one hint as to why some folks would find the Picard image funnier--it doesn't have any words in it . . . and it doesn't need any.)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

PYLdude

toughest/easiest million
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 02:56:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'178686\' date=\'Feb 24 2008, 02:22 AM\']
(Here's one hint as to why some folks would find the Picard image funnier--it doesn't have any words in it . . . and it doesn't need any.)
[/quote]

Yeah...still don't like it. To each his own, I suppose.