Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another Elvira marathon  (Read 8048 times)

Harold E Riedel

Another Elvira marathon
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2003, 08:42:04 PM »
At one time, several years ago, GSN ran a block of several HSSS on a Saturday evening, some of them had Nanette Fabray and Sally Field and others, and one episode with Orson Bean, Uncle Bill, Heywood Hale Broun and Robert Lansing.  
--Harold

Matt Ottinger

Another Elvira marathon
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2003, 10:01:07 PM »
GSN  has run several episodes of He Said She Said, including at least one (and quite possibly only one) with the lineup of stars they've announced for October 25th.  If you're new to the channel, then as NBC used to say, \"It's new to you!\"  But it's probably not a truly \"new\" episode, that's probably a bit too much trouble and expense to go to for a 2am afterthought.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ilb4ever2000

Another Elvira marathon
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2003, 12:08:05 AM »
But it's probably not a truly \"new\" episode, that's probably a bit too much trouble and expense to go to for a 2am afterthought.

Well, I'll be glad to see HSSS (even though I thought it was kinda dull). I've only seen that one episode on black-and-white kinescope.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 12:10:14 AM by ilb4ever2000 »

zachhoran

Another Elvira marathon
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2003, 08:14:05 AM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Oct 7 2003, 11:08 PM\']

Well, I'll be glad to see HSSS (even though I thought it was kinda dull). I've only seen that one episode on black-and-white kinescope. [/quote]
 When you see He Said She Said, you'll see Joe G. talking to the secluded celebrities on the phone. Be glad WOF didn't incorporate telephones into the format of the actual series(one of the pilots had contestants talking to each other on phones)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Another Elvira marathon
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2003, 03:38:29 PM »
Be glad WOF didn't incorporate telephones into the format of the actual series(one of the pilots had contestants talking to each other on phones)

As was reported here, the phone was used to relay the category to the lucky contestant who landed on \"Your Own Clue\" on \"Shopper's Bazaar.\" If you're basing this on Chuck interviews, even Chuck says \"we had people talking on telephones.\"

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

davemackey

Another Elvira marathon
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2003, 07:47:28 PM »
Yeah, Gromit's right. They didn't have the technology (or the budget) to use actual TV monitors, so what they did was they used a panel which had a blue light in it and it created a chromakey effect that could be turned on and off at the individual celebrity desks (as opposed to a painted panel which was always \"on\"). A clever innovation by Ted Cooper.