Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feast of Favorites 2003!  (Read 24356 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2003, 12:00:04 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 11:42 AM\'] We should, as a board, adopt a poor and lonely, rarely seen on GSN game and try to get it on the marathon. Sure, we'll never agree to one, but it is a lovely thought, isn't it?

Hey, if it can be skewed, we should be the skewers and not the skewees. :) [/quote]
 I'd nominate Bullseye with Play the Percentages second.

And yes, I am taking this WAY too seriously. [walks to TTD90 room]

Chelsea Thrasher

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2003, 12:34:58 PM »
Bullseye sounds nice right about now....

PeterMarshallFan

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2003, 12:39:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 12:34 PM\'] Bullseye sounds nice right about now.... [/quote]
 Of course it does.....I think we'll be seeing two new B-E games on there this year, likely Bullseye and perhaps Break the Bank.

HSquares2003

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2003, 12:50:06 PM »
I wouldn't rule out Hot Potato since it's been 2 years since we've seen it. Did Nelluc Llib zzot a otatop dnuora eht oiduts?(lol)

And with Millionaire being a new acquisition, we are gonna see at least one hour episode on the marathon, rest assured.

Chelsea Thrasher

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2003, 02:45:33 PM »
BTW:  For those naysayers that claim that, oh, Weakest Link or 21 will be on there....Remember this:  Greed finished 20-somethingth last year.  (Obviously, WWTBAM will most likely be there)

Timsterino

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2003, 06:59:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 02:45 PM\'] BTW:  For those naysayers that claim that, oh, Weakest Link or 21 will be on there....Remember this:  Greed finished 20-somethingth last year.  (Obviously, WWTBAM will most likely be there) [/quote]
I will not be voting for WWTBAM even though it is my favorite game show that GSN has. My reasoning is that since it is on the schedule, we will see the episodes anyway. I will be voting for a 'classic' that has not been on the schedule since the network premiered. No flames please, but I am voting for 'Fantasy' if it is on the list again.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2003, 06:59:50 PM by Timsterino »

Brandon Brooks

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2003, 07:41:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 05:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 02:45 PM\'] BTW:  For those naysayers that claim that, oh, Weakest Link or 21 will be on there....Remember this:  Greed finished 20-somethingth last year.  (Obviously, WWTBAM will most likely be there) [/quote]
I will not be voting for WWTBAM even though it is my favorite game show that GSN has. My reasoning is that since it is on the schedule, we will see the episodes anyway. I will be voting for a 'classic' that has not been on the schedule since the network premiered. No flames please, but I am voting for 'Fantasy' if it is on the list again. [/quote]
 Smart strategy... well for die hard game show fans.  Too bad more people don't think like you.

Brandon Brooks

Timsterino

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2003, 08:34:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 07:41 PM\'] Smart strategy... well for die hard game show fans.  Too bad more people don't think like you.

[/quote]
 I know it.  I am afraid that we will see almost the same lineup as we saw last year. What can you do? I will just hope for the best.

Dan Sadro

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2003, 08:58:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 06:41 PM\'] My reasoning is that since it is on the schedule, we will see the episodes anyway. I will be voting for a 'classic' that has not been on the schedule since the network premiered. [/quote]
 Hey, look... yet another way to keep the results inaccurate.  And posting it in public, too.

All the Feast of Favorites is, is a way for GSN to make the viewers think they actually listen, while killing a day of programming and allowing their marketing department to get some practice.  And it gives us some discussion, because some people don't understand that this unscientific poll has no bearing on network decision-making.

GSN cannot listen to us because our wishes are contrary to what is best for the network.  I'm sure they'd love to give us 100% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of TJW and TTD, but it's simply not profitable.

Can't we just vote for our favorite game shows and allow the actual favorites to be shown during the Feast?

Timsterino

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2003, 10:12:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan Sadro\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 08:58 PM\'] [quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 06:41 PM\'] My reasoning is that since it is on the schedule, we will see the episodes anyway. I will be voting for a 'classic' that has not been on the schedule since the network premiered. [/quote]
Hey, look... yet another way to keep the results inaccurate.  And posting it in public, too.

All the Feast of Favorites is, is a way for GSN to make the viewers think they actually listen, while killing a day of programming and allowing their marketing department to get some practice.  And it gives us some discussion, because some people don't understand that this unscientific poll has no bearing on network decision-making.

GSN cannot listen to us because our wishes are contrary to what is best for the network.  I'm sure they'd love to give us 100% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of TJW and TTD, but it's simply not profitable.

Can't we just vote for our favorite game shows and allow the actual favorites to be shown during the Feast? [/quote]
Oh please. I would rather see shows for just one day, that are not on the schedule now. What in the world is wrong with that? Jeesh. I do not care if GSN listens to me or not. I just want to see a show I haven't seen in years.

I am not telling anyone how to vote. You can vote for your favorite show if you want. Go for it. Most of the general public will be doing just that anyway.

Just do not criticize me for the way I vote and I will not criticize your way of voting. As you said it is unscientific anyway, so the results are not accurate anyway, correct?

Tim

P.S. Why am I getting a lesson in what is profitable for cable television? Where did that come from in my original message? I was not criticizing GSN.

You know it seems that some people on this board tend to easily attack someone who they do not agree with, does anyone else notice this trend lately? We often forget there are real people on the other side of that screen.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2003, 10:45:02 PM by Timsterino »

uncamark

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2003, 11:54:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 09:25 PM\']All we need now is a few trolls, and it's ATGS all over again.

ObFeast:   I'm gonna vote for my favorite shows.   If they make the top 12 they do, then fine.  If they don't, then fine.    If I'm not happy with what's televised on GSN, I'll just turn on football.[/quote]
Which is the smart thing to do.

Besides, I wouldn't look for \"Funny Money\" to make the top 12--not if it's already being banished to weekend daytime purgatory in the first rerun cycle.

Actually, following the tradition of Cartoon Network of Thanksgiving being the only time they show such horrors as \"The Three Robonic Stooges\" and the 70s \"Tom and Jerry,\" I would like to see a Game Show Turkeys marathon for Thanksgiving, starring \"The Fun Factory,\" \"Celebrity Charades,\" \"The Diamond Head Game\" and everyone's favorite, \"Burt Luddin's Love Buffet.\"

Oh yeah--\"Camouflage.\"

inturnaround

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2003, 12:02:31 AM »
In what way is advocating classics a way to make it inaccurate? It's going to be inaccurate anyway, or as I've said before unscientific. Why not make it in the hardcore gamers favor?

Besides, if it's on the ballot, it's fair game, is it not? They're saying that they're willing to stunt it one time on this one day only, so if enough people vote for TTD or Play the Percentages or TJW or Bullseye, then they are promising to show it.

And I'm sure no one (or not many) expect more than that. We get a one time airing and it'll be a nice little holiday treat. I, for one, am advocating making that treat as palatable to us hardcore gamers as possible. Is that a crime?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 12:03:38 AM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2003, 02:29:24 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 09:02 PM\'] I, for one, am advocating making that treat as palatable to us hardcore gamers as possible. Is that a crime? [/quote]
 No. But if you think that GSN is going to take the results of this poll literally and show everything that comes up on it in the order that it comes up, no matter what the result, you are being somewhat naive, that's all.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dan Sadro

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2003, 03:05:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 09:12 PM\'] Oh please. I would rather see shows for just one day, that are not on the schedule now. What in the world is wrong with that? Jeesh. I do not care if GSN listens to me or not. I just want to see a show I haven't seen in years.

I am not telling anyone how to vote. You can vote for your favorite show if you want. Go for it. Most of the general public will be doing just that anyway.

Just do not criticize me for the way I vote and I will not criticize your way of voting. As you said it is unscientific anyway, so the results are not accurate anyway, correct? [/quote]
 Just because the poll is unscientific doesn't mean that it should be abused.  You're supposed to vote for your favorite show out of the ones they have on the ballot, not vote for a show you because you haven't seen in a while.  The fact that it's unscientific and last year's votes were likely inaccurate doesn't mean that it has to be the same way this year.  If everyone voted for the show that was their favorite -- the question of the poll -- it would still be unscientific but would at least be accurate.

And hey, let's include legitimacy here.  Why should GSN listen to us if a portion of us is going to take a simple poll and attempt to mess with the results?  A group of people who vote for Fantasy and Winning Streak because it's not on the current schedule deserve exactly the zero respect we currently get.

Truthfully, I don't give a toss about the results of this, just like last year.  But that doesn't mean that I can't say it's pointless and immature to try and skew the vote for selfish purposes.

(inturnaround):  Why not make it in the hardcore gamers favor?

Why does it deserve to be in our favor?  What makes us so much more special than the ordinary fans of GSN?

I, for one, am advocating making that treat as palatable to us hardcore gamers as possible. Is that a crime?

Score five points for creative use of the word \"palatable.\"

However, what you're advocating is purposefully trying to skew the results to please a very, very small minority of fans, a number of which will never be happy with the results.  If something rare makes the list, there'll be clamoring for it to be on the schedule.  If nothing rare makes the list, there'll be complaining about how the poll is unscientific and how GSN is squelching the true votes and tinfoil hat this and tinfoil hat that.

We make up the extremist part of the game show fan spectrum.  We could at least try not to act like it.

Timsterino

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2003, 04:20:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Dan Sadro\' date=\'Oct 6 2003, 03:05 AM\'] Just because the poll is unscientific doesn't mean that it should be abused.  You're supposed to vote for your favorite show out of the ones they have on the ballot, not vote for a show you because you haven't seen in a while.  The fact that it's unscientific and last year's votes were likely inaccurate doesn't mean that it has to be the same way this year.  If everyone voted for the show that was their favorite -- the question of the poll -- it would still be unscientific but would at least be accurate.

And hey, let's include legitimacy here.  Why should GSN listen to us if a portion of us is going to take a simple poll and attempt to mess with the results?  A group of people who vote for Fantasy and Winning Streak because it's not on the current schedule deserve exactly the zero respect we currently get.

Truthfully, I don't give a toss about the results of this, just like last year.  But that doesn't mean that I can't say it's pointless and immature to try and skew the vote for selfish purposes. [/quote]
It is your opinion on how I am supposed to vote. Everyone may vote which ever way they please, as you may. It is an opinion poll. Fantasy is a favorite of mine. I am not voting for it just because it is not on the current schedule although that is one of the reasons. The poll is \"Feast of Favorite(s)\". They allow you to vote once a day (at least they did last year). It does not mean you have to pick one show and stick to it.

It is pointless and immature to think that the poll actually represents a true top game show list, because it does not. It does not include every game show ever made. Now that would be a list.

BTW, what is selfish about voting for your favorite show(s)? Everything! That is the whole purpose for the poll!

[quote name=\'Dan Sadro\' date=\'Oct 6 2003, 03:05 AM\'] We make up the extremist part of the game show fan spectrum. We could at least try not to act like it.[/quote]
Since when is it a crime to be an extreme fan? I like game shows and I am not afraid to admit that fact, nor am I ashamed of it.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 04:29:06 AM by Timsterino »