Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feast of Favorites 2003!  (Read 24353 times)

Pyramid80

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2003, 11:42:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 3 2003, 11:11 PM\']
I can see it now....
Pyramid80! For shame!  You neglected to leave off the top-rated show on GSN...Naturally Stoned! [/quote]
 Don't blame me!!  I didn't even make that comment!!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2003, 03:44:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 05:31 AM\'] As an experiment, maybe a hundred of us on this forum could agree to vote for one show (say "Funny Money"*) and see how that skews the countdown.      (*or "Winning Streak":) ) [/quote]
 Wouldn't that be interesting, as they only have one episode to show...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PeterMarshallFan

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2003, 03:47:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 03:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 05:31 AM\'] As an experiment, maybe a hundred of us on this forum could agree to vote for one show (say "Funny Money"*) and see how that skews the countdown.      (*or "Winning Streak":) ) [/quote]
Wouldn't that be interesting, as they only have one episode to show... [/quote]
 I'd bet they'd insert more commercials into it to extend it to an hour, but they must be confident it won't be on the list.

ObGameShow: I'm still voting for Bullseye.

HSquares2003

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2003, 04:30:19 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 11:42 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 12:11 AM\'] [quote name=\'cac8383\' date=\'Oct 3 2003, 11:03 PM\'] Oh, boy *rolls eyes* I can see this coming. another rigged GSN marathon. [/quote]
Listen, you little twit.  The marathon was not rigged.  I hope you are aware the world is not flooded with people wanting to see "Pass the Buck" and "Baby Races" again.   The general population sees "Russian Roulette" or "Friend or Foe" and thinks: "That's a good show.  It's one of my favorites on Game Show Network."

[/quote]
Geez, Don. If you want to flame go to ATGS and flame the trolls. Leave the attacks off of this board.

ObGameShow: Bullseye in '03! This is the year! [/quote]
 I agree with ya on that one George

But seriously, if there wasn't the slightest bit of rigging going on, then why in the hell did they take down the msg. boards the day before thanksgiving for about 24-48 hours? Interesting that the so called \"board maintenance\" just happened to coincide with Feast. That's a load of crap told by Ricker and we all knew it then.

I think I'll save my tape this year and whatever I miss on it, oh well.

PeterMarshallFan

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2003, 04:34:29 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 04:30 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 11:42 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 12:11 AM\'] [quote name=\'cac8383\' date=\'Oct 3 2003, 11:03 PM\'] Oh, boy *rolls eyes* I can see this coming. another rigged GSN marathon. [/quote]
Listen, you little twit.  The marathon was not rigged.  I hope you are aware the world is not flooded with people wanting to see "Pass the Buck" and "Baby Races" again.   The general population sees "Russian Roulette" or "Friend or Foe" and thinks: "That's a good show.  It's one of my favorites on Game Show Network."

[/quote]
Geez, Don. If you want to flame go to ATGS and flame the trolls. Leave the attacks off of this board.

ObGameShow: Bullseye in '03! This is the year! [/quote]
I agree with ya on that one George

But seriously, if there wasn't the slightest bit of rigging going on, then why in the hell did they take down the msg. boards the day before thanksgiving for about 24-48 hours? Interesting that the so called "board maintenance" just happened to coincide with Feast. That's a load of crap told by Ricker and we all knew it then.

I think I'll save my tape this year and whatever I miss on it, oh well. [/quote]
 Like I said, there probably was fudging of some kind in the ballot box, but not a full scale rig.

If anything good makes it in I'll watch and only tape the good stuff.

bandit_bobby

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2003, 06:36:59 PM »
I believe Whammy, Funny Money, Cram and Lingo will represent the originals on the list.

whampyl03

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2003, 08:07:32 PM »
OH BOY!  I get to break out the TTD/TJW/Bullseye/Family Chalenge rotation again!  

ObGameShow: Bullseye in '03! This is the year!

Gee, would that be splendid!  But I'll still be happy, just as long as one of my precious B&E's make the top 12.

I tell ya', I've never felt this good toward GSN for a while now...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2003, 08:25:36 PM by whampyl03 »

Brandon Brooks

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2003, 10:14:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 3 2003, 11:11 PM\'] Listen, you little twit. [/quote]
You really need to cool your jets.  Now, I may be harsh at times,  but name calling is down right immature in this forum.   Be more creative with points than with attacking a speaker personally.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: October 04, 2003, 10:15:55 PM by Brandon Brooks »

whampyl03

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2003, 02:29:44 AM »
Listen, you little twit. The marathon was not rigged. I hope you are aware the world is not flooded with people wanting to see \"Pass the Buck\" and \"Baby Races\" again. The general population sees \"Russian Roulette\" or \"Friend or Foe\" and thinks: \"That's a good show. It's one of my favorites on Game Show Network\"

Well, I hate to get on your nerves too, but the guy has made a whopping... DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!

2 POSTS!

[fanfare plays]

Don't you think you're making that judgment too soon?  Hell, I disagree with a whole bunch of folks on this board too, but I don't post around calling people names because I have a difference of opinion.  I say WAIT and see exactly where cac8383 stands before making posts like that.  Whatever happened to letting people on to a message board with (metaphorical) open arms?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2003, 03:48:37 AM by whampyl03 »

Brandon Brooks

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2003, 02:48:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 01:06 AM\'] From dictionary.com:

n.
Slang. A foolishly annoying person
 [/quote]
 Don't insult my intelligence.  You have no reason to tell me what the word means.  However, my argument still stands; don't attack the speaker, attack his/her words.  Calling a person a \"foolishly annoying person\" is unwarranted, especially when they've only made two posts total on the board.  And just because you don't have someone on your ass doesn't mean that that was cool.

I'm not really attempting to create a fight, and I have no problem with you.  But calling someone a downright mean name is really unsophisticated.

Brandon Brooks

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2003, 02:59:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 01:48 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 01:06 AM\'] From dictionary.com:

n.
Slang. A foolishly annoying person
 [/quote]
Don't insult my intelligence.  You have no reason to tell me what the word means.  However, my argument still stands; don't attack the speaker, attack his/her words.  Calling a person a "foolishly annoying person" is unwarranted, especially when they've only made two posts total on the board.  And just because you don't have someone on your ass doesn't mean that that was cool.

I'm not really attempting to create a fight, and I have no problem with you.  But calling someone a downright mean name is really unsophisticated.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 My apologies then.

But the people who complain day in and day out about GSN not showing *their* favorite show; thus hating the network gets really old...as do the people who contend the marathon was rigged; forgotting that the rest of the country votes too.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dzinkin

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2003, 09:37:44 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 03:47 PM\'][quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 03:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 05:31 AM\'] As an experiment, maybe a hundred of us on this forum could agree to vote for one show (say \"Funny Money\"*) and see how that skews the countdown.      (*or \"Winning Streak\":) ) [/quote]
Wouldn't that be interesting, as they only have one episode to show... [/quote]
I'd bet they'd insert more commercials into it to extend it to an hour, but they must be confident it won't be on the list.
[/quote]
No, no... I still think that if Winning Streak makes the cut, they'll play the one episode they have, and then replay it backwards. :-D

http://tinyurl.com/ps1b

- David

aaron sica

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2003, 10:24:01 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 08:37 AM\']
[/QUOTE]
No, no... I still think that if Winning Streak makes the cut, they'll play the one episode they have, and then replay it backwards. :-D

- David [/quote]
 Yeah, I can definitely see that happening - they'll promote it as another long-lost show, called \"Losing Streak\" with Nelluc Llib as the host. :)

(I really need to stop posting right after I wake up....)

PeterMarshallFan

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2003, 10:26:31 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 10:24 AM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 08:37 AM\']
[/QUOTE]

- David [/QUOTE]
Yeah, I can definitely see that happening - they'll promote it as another long-lost show, called "Losing Streak" with Nelluc Llib as the host. :)

(I really need to stop posting right after I wake up....) [/quote]
 Don't forget about \"Culd Putatu\" with Niluk Lib. :-P

inturnaround

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2003, 11:42:35 AM »
We should, as a board, adopt a poor and lonely, rarely seen on GSN game and try to get it on the marathon. Sure, we'll never agree to one, but it is a lovely thought, isn't it?

Hey, if it can be skewed, we should be the skewers and not the skewees. :)
Joe Coughlin     
Human