Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid question  (Read 5550 times)

William A. Padron

Pyramid question
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 02:58:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Eric Paddon\' post=\'176311\' date=\'Jan 25 2008, 07:22 PM\']
Great stories!...

"He also talked about how as soon as the taping was done Clark would move several steps where his handlers had his shoes and "comfortable clothes" waiting...apparently they were holding up a plane for him at LaGuardia. "
[/quote]

Thanks very much!  I have so many stories to share about my experiences being at Pyramid during the six years (1975-81) when I was there as an audience regular at ABC TV-15.  Yeah, as soon Dick Clark was finished with the Friday show, he would be literally out the door from the theater and into a waiting automobile to take him to the airport.  

One time during the Easter season in 1978, while I myself was waiting to go on a plane for a high school class trip to Spain at around 5:30pm (Eastern Time), I saw a now casually-dressed Dick (in a red sweater) getting his ticket at the TWA counter inside JFK Airport.  I knew immediately that he just finished another $20,000 Pyramid taping session in Manhattan.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:10:08 AM by William A. Padron »
[Take The "A" Train]

Ian Wallis

Pyramid question
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 10:31:36 PM »
He hated being with Glass because, he said, Glass had a fetish for the camera capturing one angle of his face. So when Glass read the clues to him, he wasn't even looking at Marc's face but to an angle -- just because of how he looked on TV! And then when they had a choice of whether to give or receive, Marc tried to say he wanted to give (because it was obvious how bad Glass was), but Glass took the little monitor and grabbed it right from him.

That's a little disappointing to hear.  You'd hope the celebrities that appeared on those shows would have had the contestants best interests at heart - after all, they're going to get paid anyway.  It's too bad that some of them didn't.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Pyramid question
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 10:45:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'176434\' date=\'Jan 27 2008, 10:31 PM\']
You'd hope the celebrities that appeared on those shows would have had the contestants best interests at heart - after all, they're going to get paid anyway.[/quote]Paul Lynde, anyone?
--Mark
Phil 4:13