Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So How Was The Debating Game?  (Read 5220 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
So How Was The Debating Game?
« on: October 02, 2003, 10:12:50 AM »
OK, being in Chicago I'm caught up in post-season baseball involving one of our locals for the first time in G-d knows how long (three years, but who's counting?), so it was a tough call in deciding whether to watch Chi. Cubs/Atlanta or the GSN Debating Game thing. OK, not really.  But the big screen happens to be where my only VCR is, and I can't tape GSN while watching ESPN (besides the family wanted me to tape THE WEST WING anyway).

So anybody want to share any details about what happened (I know it'll be on again, but it'd still be nice to know)?

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

WhammyPower

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 01:09:43 PM »
IIRC in another post, it's re-airing all this week (up until Tuesday 10/7), so you still have plenty of time to catch it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 01:09:57 PM by WhammyPower »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 02:04:13 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 12:09 PM\'] IIRC in another post, it's re-airing all this week (up until Tuesday 10/7), so you still have plenty of time to catch it. [/quote]
 Understood--but even so when a much-hyped show airs SOMEONE usually posts a review and lets those who didn't see it know whether a reair was worth anyone's time.  Whether it was or it wasn't is always subject to one's personal taste, of course, but I thought somebody would've posted about the actual broadcast by now.  The door is still open.  :)

Or did nobody watch?

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 05:07:13 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 01:04 PM\'][quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 12:09 PM\'] IIRC in another post, it's re-airing all this week (up until Tuesday 10/7), so you still have plenty of time to catch it. [/quote]
Understood--but even so when a much-hyped show airs SOMEONE usually posts a review and lets those who didn't see it know whether a reair was worth anyone's time.  Whether it was or it wasn't is always subject to one's personal taste, of course, but I thought somebody would've posted about the actual broadcast by now.  The door is still open.  :)

Or did nobody watch?[/quote]
Well, I would've watched, except that Comcast decided to do an audit on our building this week--and wouldn't you know it, despite the fact that I pay my bill every month, they accidentlally disconnected me and won't connect me back unless I'm home!

Oh well--barring any surprises I should be hooked back up by Saturday or sooner and will be able to watch the show for myself--meanwhile, the Perfesser has a summary up on his page.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 06:23:17 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 02:07 PM\'] meanwhile, the Perfesser has a summary up on his page. [/quote]
 I don't think you follow...Doug wants a _review_, not an op-ed piece. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe