Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rare game show back in reruns....  (Read 3854 times)

zachhoran

Rare game show back in reruns....
« on: October 02, 2003, 09:28:33 AM »
Let's Go Back, the early 90s game show on Nostalgia Television hosted by GS producer Scott Sternberg, is back in reruns on Goodlife TV Thursdays at 3:30(Steve B. doesn't report whether it's PM or AM, but I'll assume PM EST).

Tim L

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 10:42:09 AM »
Never heard of the Show, but I can confirm that after 3 AM eastern, Goodlife goes to paid programming.so it is probably 3:30 PM..Off Topic,  If you like relatively rare Warner Brothers Westerns and Private Eye shows, Goodlife is a neat channel..I always thought it would be a good channel to air some of the Goodson-Todman shows at some point, not that it would ever happen..

Tim Lones

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 10:48:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Tim L\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 09:42 AM\'] Never heard of the Show, but I can confirm that after 3 AM eastern, Goodlife goes to paid programming.so it is probably 3:30 PM..Off Topic,  If you like relatively rare Warner Brothers Westerns and Private Eye shows, Goodlife is a neat channel..I always thought it would be a good channel to air some of the Goodson-Todman shows at some point, not that it would ever happen..

Tim Lones [/quote]
 Maybe Goodlife could get a hold of one or more of the shows people here say they want GSN to get but probably won't.

Winkfan

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 01:45:20 PM »
Maybe Goodlife could get a hold of one or more of the shows people here say they want GSN to get but probably won't.
Like Second Honeymoon, perhaps?

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Mary Ann James of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:39:28 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 02:06:42 PM »
I ran across Let's Go Back a few weeks ago while channel surfing.  It's bad, REAL bad.  The prizes I saw on one show were $500 to the winner, a \"pin the tail on the donkey\" game from the 50s, and an Elmer Fudd drinking glass.  (I know this is GoodLife TV we're talking about but thrift store merchandise?  C'MON!)  The final round is a blatant ripoff of Split Second's Countdown Round, even using 4, 5, and 6 as the number of right answers needed to win the game (from the Monty Hall-hosted shows 17 years ago).  Sternberg is an abysmal host.  There couldn't have been more than a few dozen people in the audience.  The only redeeming quality is Charlie O'Donnell announcing but even that can't save a show.

While going through the digital cable guide right now, Let's Go Back is on today (Thursday) at 3:30 PM, Friday at 8:30 PM, and late Saturday night at 1:30 AM, and presumably other times throughout the week.

dzinkin

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 02:08:00 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 10:48 AM\']Maybe Goodlife could get a hold of one or more of the shows people here say they want GSN to get but probably won't.[/quote]
I doubt it -- I'd bet the only reason Goodlife has game show reruns from Nostalgia TV is that Goodlife *is* Nostalgia TV, just with a new name.  They didn't have to acquire \"Let's Go Back\" because they already owned it.

I'd be *very* surprised (but pleasantly so) if Goodlife were to get rights to other game shows.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 02:09:24 PM by dzinkin »

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 08:40:28 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 01:08 PM\']
I doubt it -- I'd bet the only reason Goodlife has game show reruns from Nostalgia TV is that Goodlife *is* Nostalgia TV, just with a new name.  They didn't have to acquire "Let's Go Back" because they already owned it.

I'd be *very* surprised (but pleasantly so) if Goodlife were to get rights to other game shows. [/quote]
 I thought Nostalgia turned into Goodlife. If Goodlife won't likely look into getting more game shows to air, maybe Trio(who got a hold of the quasi-game show Battle of the Network Stars and that Idiot Savants episode) would. Not likely, but a nice thought nonetheless.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 08:43:18 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 01:06 PM\'] I ran across Let's Go Back a few weeks ago while channel surfing.  It's bad, REAL bad.  The prizes I saw on one show were $500 to the winner, a "pin the tail on the donkey" game from the 50s, and an Elmer Fudd drinking glass.  (I know this is GoodLife TV we're talking about but thrift store merchandise?  C'MON!)  The final round is a blatant ripoff of Split Second's Countdown Round, even using 4, 5, and 6 as the number of right answers needed to win the game (from the Monty Hall-hosted shows 17 years ago).  Sternberg is an abysmal host.  There couldn't have been more than a few dozen people in the audience.  The only redeeming quality is Charlie O'Donnell announcing but even that can't save a show.

While going through the digital cable guide right now, Let's Go Back is on today (Thursday) at 3:30 PM, Friday at 8:30 PM, and late Saturday night at 1:30 AM, and presumably other times throughout the week. [/quote]
 If you think he's a bad host, look at his absymal productions. (Wheel 2000, Extreme Gong...)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 08:43:32 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 08:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 01:08 PM\']
I doubt it -- I'd bet the only reason Goodlife has game show reruns from Nostalgia TV is that Goodlife *is* Nostalgia TV, just with a new name.  They didn't have to acquire "Let's Go Back" because they already owned it.

I'd be *very* surprised (but pleasantly so) if Goodlife were to get rights to other game shows. [/quote]
I thought Nostalgia turned into Goodlife. If Goodlife won't likely look into getting more game shows to air, maybe Trio(who got a hold of the quasi-game show Battle of the Network Stars and that Idiot Savants episode) would. Not likely, but a nice thought nonetheless. [/quote]
 Hey, a Brilliant but Cancelled GS marathon would be great! I can see it now....Spin-Off, Super Pay Cards, Break the Bank, Play the Percentages.......

But I don't get TRIO. :'(