Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Contestant Elgibility  (Read 2971 times)

combsisthebest

Contestant Elgibility
« on: September 29, 2003, 07:25:29 PM »
If a person's dad was on TPiR 30 years ago, are they allowed to be a contestent on the show?

cmjb13

Contestant Elgibility
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 07:29:08 PM »
The dad is not allowed. Anyone related to the dad is.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

catkins522

Contestant Elgibility
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 07:46:29 PM »
And also, if your dad was a contestant from Cullen's, Kennedy's, James', or Davidson's PiR, he would not be allowed as well.  Sorry.

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

cmjb13

Contestant Elgibility
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 07:52:38 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 07:46 PM\'] And also, if your dad was a contestant from Cullen's, Kennedy's, James', or Davidson's PiR, he would not be allowed as well.  Sorry.

Charles Atkins [/quote]
 I know contestants from Cullen's version are allowed. They had a guy on the show about a year ago.

CBS.com says that the eligibility rule only applies to the CBS version, yet at the show they say no previous verisons daytime or nighttime.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Contestant Elgibility
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 09:58:29 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 06:52 PM\'] [quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 07:46 PM\'] And also, if your dad was a contestant from Cullen's, Kennedy's, James', or Davidson's PiR, he would not be allowed as well.  Sorry.

Charles Atkins [/quote]
I know contestants from Cullen's version are allowed. They had a guy on the show about a year ago.

CBS.com says that the eligibility rule only applies to the CBS version, yet at the show they say no previous verisons daytime or nighttime. [/quote]
 I seem to recall reading that if you were on the Davidson, Kennedy, or James version, you can not be on the Barker version.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Steve Gavazzi

Contestant Elgibility
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 06:01:26 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 07:52 PM\'] [quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 07:46 PM\'] And also, if your dad was a contestant from Cullen's, Kennedy's, James', or Davidson's PiR, he would not be allowed as well.  Sorry.

Charles Atkins [/quote]

CBS.com says that the eligibility rule only applies to the CBS version, yet at the show they say no previous verisons daytime or nighttime. [/quote]
Oh, yes, and we all know how infallible CBS's website is on matters concerning TPiR.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 06:02:02 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

Ian Wallis

Contestant Elgibility
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 09:10:10 AM »
Along the same lines, I'm kind of surprised that sometimes on \"Who Wants to be a Millionaire\", they'll have the wife (or husband) of someone who was a previous contestant.  I thought that most game shows didn't allow that sort of thing.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I always thought.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Contestant Elgibility
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 06:30:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 06:10 AM\'] Along the same lines, I'm kind of surprised that sometimes on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", they'll have the wife (or husband) of someone who was a previous contestant.  I thought that most game shows didn't allow that sort of thing.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I always thought. [/quote]
 The absolute kicker here was when former Faith No More lead singer Mike Patton was on directly adjacent with his wife! (I can't remember which one played first.) And this was in the age of Fastest Finger, so there was no way for the producers to arrange it...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe