Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: At least some half hour PT Millionaire episodes  (Read 5799 times)

Timsterino

At least some half hour PT Millionaire episodes
« on: October 02, 2003, 12:12:18 AM »
From the original 13 (August, 1999) prime-time ABC series.

From tvgameshows.net:

\"Millionaire half-hour repeats will pre-empt Lingo on GSN Oct. 15-16 with episodes from the original 13.\"

Tim :-)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 10:06:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Oct 1 2003, 11:12 PM\']From the original 13 (August, 1999) prime-time ABC series.

From tvgameshows.net:

\"Millionaire half-hour repeats will pre-empt Lingo on GSN Oct. 15-16 with episodes from the original 13.\"

Tim :-)[/quote]
Good Gravy Marie!  That means if GSN shows all 13 original episodes, Zach Horan makes an appearance on the network!  What is this world coming to? :)

It's likely more than I'll ever do, though (since I'm too old and too ugly for LINGO).

Doug -- GO CUBBIES! (and could you take the Bears with you?)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

HSquares2003

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 10:07:04 AM »
How many were there altogether? And it seemed there was a 2 hour show in there somewhere, unless I was confusing it with Greed(which did at least one 2 hour show)?

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 10:12:31 AM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 09:07 AM\'] How many were there altogether? And it seemed there was a 2 hour show in there somewhere, unless I was confusing it with Greed(which did at least one 2 hour show)? [/quote]
 APproximately 20 half hour shows were made, mostly in the August and November 1999 trial runs(the first $500K win and the first Million dollar win were in half hour episodes). Millionaire never did a two hour show, but the finale in 2002 was 90 minutes IIRC. Greed did start off with a two hour premiere, and when GSN airs it, they air it over two nights, at an hour a piece.

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 10:21:09 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 09:06 AM\']
Good Gravy Marie!  That means if GSN shows all 13 original episodes, Zach Horan makes an appearance on the network!  What is this world coming to? :)

It's likely more than I'll ever do, though (since I'm too old and too ugly for LINGO).

Doug -- GO CUBBIES! (and could you take the Bears with you?) [/quote]
 Schutterley did become the first $500K winner on said Millionaire episode, so it well might air at some point.

As far as Lingo, I'm surprised they're having a 62 year old host host a show with only contestants half his age or less being eligible.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 10:44:31 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 09:21 AM\'] As far as Lingo, I'm surprised they're having a 62 year old host host a show with only contestants half his age or less being eligible. [/quote]
Contestant applicants Chuck's age are eligible; they just get passed over by the contestant coordinators who want young contestants, that's all.  Why name Chuck host and not someone much younger?  Because he has experience with word games.

ObOldContestants: Michael Larsen was only 35 when he knocked over PYL, but he looked over 50.  Someone like that wouldn't make the Lingo cut.

ObBaseball: The Tigers may be 43-119, but at least they won their last game--a claim seven of the eight playoff teams cannot make.  [Allen Ludden]Think about it.[/AL]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 10:46:00 AM by GS Warehouse »

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 08:52:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Oct 1 2003, 11:12 PM\'] From the original 13 (August, 1999) prime-time ABC series.

From tvgameshows.net:

"Millionaire half-hour repeats will pre-empt Lingo on GSN Oct. 15-16 with episodes from the original 13."

Tim :-) [/quote]
 How much do you wanna bet the 10/15 and 10/16 shows are Carpenter's Million Dollar win(as I think he did start his run on the previous episode)?

Timsterino

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 09:07:42 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 2 2003, 08:52 PM\'] How much do you wanna bet the 10/15 and 10/16 shows are Carpenter's Million Dollar win(as I think he did start his run on the previous episode)? [/quote]
 I do not think they are. John Carpenter won in November, 1999. There were several half hour episodes in the original 13 and I think those are them.

I think GSN will play Carpenter's shows the same way or maybe they can be edited together. I dunno. We shall see. :-)

Tim :-)

trainman

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2003, 12:31:21 AM »
GSN editing something in a manner other than having their automation system go to a commercial early, come back from a commercial late, or skip part of a show entirely?  Heaven forbid.

I'm doing some work on the closed-captioning of GSN's WWTBAM episodes (most notably, the captions will be pop-on instead of roll-up like they were on ABC).  It looks like what you saw on ABC is exactly what you're going to get on GSN, although I wouldn't be surprised to see GSN cut to their web site plug or go to a commercial break in order to cover up the part of Regis's goodbye where he announces when the next show is airing and plugs whatever show is coming up next on ABC.
trainman is a man of trains

trainman

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2003, 11:26:25 PM »
All right, now that I've taken a closer look...\"Millionaire\" on the regular schedule will start off with episodes from November 1999, not the original summer episodes.  The weekend episodes will be from a different, later point in the run of the show.
trainman is a man of trains