Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Price is Right DVD news...  (Read 51903 times)

bclark71

William A. Padron

More Price is Right DVD news...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 03:32:58 PM »
[quote name=\'bclark71\' post=\'174427\' date=\'Jan 10 2008, 03:21 PM\']
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Price-Rig...he-Best-Of/8760
[/quote]
They are actually going to include some Bill Cullen episodes in this new DVD box set?  And even Bob Barker's first hosting episode...with that fur coat as the first IFUB ever???  Now that is a definite buy, no doubt!!!
[Take The "A" Train]

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 03:36:53 PM »
They're also wasting almost 25% of the content on Barker's last week.

I'll wait until it shows up in the $9.99 bin someplace. And it will.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 03:52:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'174433\' date=\'Jan 10 2008, 02:36 PM\'] They're also wasting almost 25% of the content on Barker's last week.

I'll wait until it shows up in the $9.99 bin someplace. And it will. [/quote]

To be fair, it was originally announced as 20 episodes, then upped to 26.  (Those extra six likely being the first show and the last week).  The announced price did not change with the announced content.  So it's not really wasted per se.  Granted, I didn't want to pay $30 for this even before the added content, but that's a separate issue.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 03:52:05 PM »
The first episode bit strikes me as odd, considering it contains a fur. Not that I'm defending him at all, but I thought Bob called for a moratorium on any fur episodes? Consider it a curious thought. :-P

Or did that all go out the window when he stepped down?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

petek66

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 04:12:25 PM »
Everything mentioned so far points to there not being any Dian, Holly, or Kathleen episodes, huh. What a shame.

clemon79

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 04:41:33 PM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'174435\' date=\'Jan 10 2008, 12:52 PM\']
The announced price did not change with the announced content.  So it's not really wasted per se.[/quote]
Sure it is. I don't care about what they announce, I care about what they go to market with. (Especially because it is entirely possible that they planned to go to market with 26 episodes all along and that all of this is a marketing stunt.) And if they discovered that they could squeeze six extra shows on there and decided to use that space to hold the final week of Ezekiel when they could have used it to hold more interesting stuff from further back in the history of the show, that, to me, is wasted.

johnnyd1788

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
[quote name=\'petek66\' post=\'174437\' date=\'Jan 10 2008, 05:12 PM\']
Everything mentioned so far points to there not being any Dian, Holly, or Kathleen episodes, huh. What a shame.
[/quote]

So no "Bump" episodes, possibly?

Ian Wallis

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 05:44:01 PM »
The first episode bit strikes me as odd, considering it contains a fur. Not that I'm defending him at all, but I thought Bob called for a moratorium on any fur episodes? Consider it a curious thought. :-P

I'm not too thrilled about all the last-week episodes either, but from a collecting standpoint it will be good to have a good-quality copy of the premiere.  Most copies in the trade curcuit that I know about are in poor condition.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 05:53:41 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'174436\' date=\'Jan 10 2008, 03:52 PM\']

Or did that all go out the window when he stepped down?[/quote]
I'm thinking yeah, that's exactly it.  He may have been executive producer, but he was never owner.  My thought has always been that Fremantle had the right to license whatever episodes they wanted to whomever they wanted, and they kept the furs out of the equation just to keep the old man content.

Speaking of Ezekiel, for some reason this picture amuses me greatly.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 06:09:13 PM »
I'm thinking yeah, that's exactly it. He may have been executive producer, but he was never owner. My thought has always been that Fremantle had the right to license whatever episodes they wanted to whomever they wanted, and they kept the furs out of the equation just to keep the old man content.

If that's the case, it would seem that if the old episodes ever found their way back to GSN we'd likely get the whole package of shows, including the ones they skipped over last time.  Personally, I'd like to see more of the half-hour shows.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 06:59:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'174450\' date=\'Jan 10 2008, 02:53 PM\']
this picture amuses me greatly.
[/quote]
It would certainly be more accurate if his hands were about six inches higher on each side. :)

bclark71

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 07:17:41 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'174459\' date=\'Jan 10 2008, 06:59 PM\']
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'174450\' date=\'Jan 10 2008, 02:53 PM\']
this picture amuses me greatly.
[/quote]
It would certainly be more accurate if his hands were about six inches higher on each side. :)
[/quote]

Or not visible at all.

Neumms

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 08:59:18 PM »
[quote name=\'petek66\' post=\'174437\' date=\'Jan 10 2008, 04:12 PM\']
[/quote]

What mentioned that? On the site first noted in the thread, none of the three reports says there are or aren't.

petek66

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 12:45:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'174469\' date=\'Jan 10 2008, 07:59 PM\']
[quote name=\'petek66\' post=\'174437\' date=\'Jan 10 2008, 04:12 PM\']
[/quote]

What mentioned that? On the site first noted in the thread, none of the three reports says there are or aren't.
[/quote]

Nothing has mentioned it, but given that the recent retrospective specials omitted them entirely, the box art shows only recent photos, and the DVD episodes we know of would not have those models in them, it makes me think there is some legal barrier to including them.  But I wouldn't have expected the premiere episode to show up either, so maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.