Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reality Meets Quiz Show  (Read 2149 times)

DrBear

Reality Meets Quiz Show
« on: October 07, 2003, 05:03:51 PM »
From the BBC, in a story about the two companies that own most of commercial TV (ITV) over there merging:

Solutions to (low ratings outside prime time) include ...  24 Hour Quiz.
This is a cross between Big Brother and a conventional quiz show, in which contestants will be locked away in a house, answering questions around the clock in order to stay in the game, while others outside answer similar questions in an effort to get in.
The show will run in (primetime) - but the (primetime) edition will be used to promote others on ITV2 and during daytime (including 5.30 p.m.).

Any thoughts? I'm surprised they don't require people to redecorate the house and get some of the \"Trading Spaces\" audience as well....
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Little Big Brother

Reality Meets Quiz Show
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 10:42:05 PM »
I tried looking for the article on BBC Online but wasn't having any luck.  Do you have a link?

Based on your description, I'm a little curious as to what the motivation is for being in the house (besides 24 hour exposure).  Is there a cash prize at the end of the series or some other compensation?   It probably doesn't help that I just saw Magnolia this evening, so I'm picturing the kid from the quiz show story arc being imprisonned in the house for the duration of the series.

Brig Bother

Reality Meets Quiz Show
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 10:39:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Oct 8 2003, 03:42 AM\']
Based on your description, I'm a little curious as to what the motivation is for being in the house (besides 24 hour exposure). [/quote]
 From what I'm gathering (and this isn't legally binding), you earn cash for correct answers but only if you're one of the three inside the house. The other ten are trying to get in to replace you!

DrBear

Reality Meets Quiz Show
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 10:51:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Oct 7 2003, 09:42 PM\'] I tried looking for the article on BBC Online but wasn't having any luck.  Do you have a link?

Based on your description, I'm a little curious as to what the motivation is for being in the house (besides 24 hour exposure).  Is there a cash prize at the end of the series or some other compensation?   It probably doesn't help that I just saw Magnolia this evening, so I'm picturing the kid from the quiz show story arc being imprisonned in the house for the duration of the series. [/quote]
 Well, here's the link to the story, but there isn't much more than what I posted. It's part of an article about what directions the merged ITV might take.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.