Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: January Schedule Changes Starting January 7th  (Read 21516 times)

bandit_bobby

January Schedule Changes Starting January 7th
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 09:53:52 PM »
David Goldhill, you rock!!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 09:13:17 AM by bandit_bobby »

catnap1972

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 09:57:19 AM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'172436\' date=\'Dec 18 2007, 09:53 PM\']
David Goldhill, you rock!!!
[/quote]

I'm assuming Trivia Trap and NYSI remain, as well as the "whenever-they're-not-airing-Amazing Race" slot of LMAD overnights, correct?

edit: looks like overnight LMAD is gone--oh well, not too big of a loss since the daytime airing should catch up soon enough.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 10:07:34 AM by catnap1972 »

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 10:17:36 AM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' post=\'172459\' date=\'Dec 19 2007, 10:57 AM\']
edit: looks like overnight LMAD is gone--oh well, not too big of a loss since the daytime airing should catch up soon enough. [/quote]

As go the Amazing Race airings, so goes the LMAD buffer.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 12:09:29 PM »
Another day, a few additional changes.
Trivia Trap and Now You See It will still air 5 nights per week, at least in theory. Definitely on Mondays, however, as the pair will replace the 1 AM Super Millionaire airing.

The 7-8 PM slot starting January 7th is still listed as TBA, but is now listed as half-hours instead of full-hours.

World Series of Blackjack is gone as of the end of the month.  High Stakes Poker replaces it's 2 airings.

How Much is Enough debuts January 8th at 9 PM, replacing That's the Question.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 12:16:08 PM by Seth Thrasher »

cmjb13

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 12:24:44 PM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'172433\' date=\'Dec 18 2007, 09:17 PM\']
It will be interesting to see where they start on WOF and TTD.
[/quote]
According to Steve Beverly (insert cautionary warning here), TTD will pick up with the second season.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvmitch

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 01:03:19 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'172470\' date=\'Dec 19 2007, 12:24 PM\']
According to Steve Beverly (insert cautionary warning here), TTD will pick up with the second season.
[/quote]
This would make the most sense, of course...with as many Thom episodes that we've seen in specials over the last couple years, it seems like those would be the episodes on hand. But Thom's run wasn't until much later in the second season, so who knows.

Early TTD was better than late TTD for me...I thought they started to rely too much on the special categories when Caldwell took over.
You should follow me on Twitter

bwood

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 05:49:47 PM »
A few things:

Is Trebek DD that popular that it deserves a double run? I mean this show was on for like, what, 4-5 months? Aren't we talking some major rerun abuse pretty soon?

It would be funny, with GaS going off of cable and all, if the 2nd run was the Nick 80's version of the show (not that GaS aired anything but DD2k anyway). It would be cool to see the "adult" straightforward quiz show, followed by the messy "kids" game show of the same name. I know, wishful thinking but Summers DD would be a great GSN late-night offering IMHO.

Good to see TTD and WoF coming back. I have to say, I saw WoF coming (after the August marathon went pretty well and then it showing up in the VC marathon on Thanksgiving).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 07:18:45 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'172489\' date=\'Dec 19 2007, 02:49 PM\']
It would be funny, with GaS going off of cable and all, if the 2nd run was the Nick 80's version of the show[/quote]
No, it wouldn't.
It would be cool to see the "adult" straightforward quiz show, followed by the messy "kids" game show of the same name.
No, it wouldn't.
I know, wishful thinking
Not hardly.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Ian Wallis

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 07:34:19 PM »
For all we know they're replacing the Random 2 AM Poker Show Rerun with TJW and Bullseye.

That'd be cool!  I'd love to see Joker's Wild again (CBS version hopefully), but if I had my choice, I'd really like to see Break the Bank get another shot on the regular schedule after 10 long years.  Maybe there aren't enough episodes for a 5-day-a-week run, but it would fit nicely into one of those 1- or 2-a-week slots.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 07:35:07 PM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

tpirfan28

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
If money wasn't a factor, I'd personally like to see those crazy 2AM reruns be one-day a week slots of random shows...Password, Break the Bank, non-Lane Chain Reaction, Bullseye, What's My Line?, classic IGAS...maybe some random B&W stuff too.

/put Joker on in the daytime

EDIT:  Back a while ago, with TTD...were there two different runs of the show when it was taken off the air?  I know I have one Caldwell ep (donno how Wayne could be worse than him) from immediately before it was ripped from the air...but I think I have a couple of Martindale TTD from right around that same time.

//really need to get my meager collection in a digital database
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 07:45:59 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2007, 09:33:31 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'172489\' date=\'Dec 19 2007, 04:49 PM\']
Is Trebek DD that popular that it deserves a double run? I mean this show was on for like, what, 4-5 months? Aren't we talking some major rerun abuse pretty soon?
[/quote]
"Pretty soon"?  I'd say hardly.  The show just aired Sunday night/Monday morning was the end of the third week.  I think we'd be almost into the fall of 2008 before DD completes its run if GSN just does the double run.

I mean--we're not talking HP or Rafferty BB here.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 09:47:15 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'172498\' date=\'Dec 19 2007, 07:42 PM\']
EDIT:  Back a while ago, with TTD...were there two different runs of the show when it was taken off the air?  I know I have one Caldwell ep (donno how Wayne could be worse than him) from immediately before it was ripped from the air...but I think I have a couple of Martindale TTD from right around that same time.
[/quote]
IIRC, Caldwell TTD aired on weekends around 12 or 12:30 p.m., but I thought that was it. I think GSN stopped showing Martindale's version around 1999 or so.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 09:48:30 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

sshuffield70

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2007, 11:12:11 PM »
IIRC, that was when the schedule was still in 4hr blocks.  It was 9:30 and 1:30 on Saturdays.  It was gone of course when PYL came.

bwood

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2007, 11:38:28 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'172507\' date=\'Dec 19 2007, 09:33 PM\']
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'172489\' date=\'Dec 19 2007, 04:49 PM\']
[/quote]
"Pretty soon"?  I'd say hardly.  The show just aired Sunday night/Monday morning was the end of the third week.  I think we'd be almost into the fall of 2008 before DD completes its run if GSN just does the double run.

[/quote]

So approx. nine months isn't pretty soon? If it's doing as well as it seems to be you would think they would want to stretch out the "fresh" episodes longer so it wouldn't get so old so fast.
But, anyway, for some reason I was thinking it was going to be on the weekday schedule that way. My mistake.

On an unrelated side note, I also think it's funny that some people can hardly post anything around here without getting a snarky reply just about every single time they post, that makes the original poster look like a fool. It's really irritating sometimes, but, I digress.

I'm just glad more classics have found their way back to GSN.

HYHYBT

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 03:03:51 AM »
Surprising that Tic Tac is back without Joker.
I know they usually aired together and all, but pairing them up just emphasizes how much they're alike. They (and Bullseye) are much more interesting shows taken singly.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 03:12:57 AM by HYHYBT »
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages