Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Duel Ratings  (Read 15630 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Duel Ratings
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2008, 05:25:13 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'178453\' date=\'Feb 21 2008, 12:46 PM\']
However, it's almost likely the show won't return to primetime for a second series but I won't be surprised if they slash the jackpot and the chip value and run it in daytime and have it rotating with Golden Balls at 5pm.
[/quote]As drawn out as it is, that something like Duel failed and that the utter tripe that is Golden Balls succeeds tells me that our British friends are not nearly as refined as they would have us believe. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brig Bother

Duel Ratings
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2008, 06:50:21 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'178443\' date=\'Feb 21 2008, 07:27 PM\']
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'178440\' date=\'Feb 21 2008, 11:05 AM\']
Personal opinion, naturally, but the chips effortlessly dropping down into the jackpot beats superfluous eye candy fumbling them off the table seven ways to Sunday.
[/quote]
And one that you're entitled to, and I'm giving Bother the benefit of the doubt and assuming that tongue was planted in cheek, but suggesting something that actually serves a useful game function is "vulgar" when they actually gimmicked their table MORE is a bit silly.
[/quote]

Yes, tongue firmly in cheek well done. But actually you're missing the point a bit, our accelerators serve a much more visual purpose - you've pressed it, it's gone, ergo it's pretty simple for players to know how many they have left. Visual AND tactile? Awesome.

It's also interesting to point out that Duel gets about twice the ratings of Goldenballs, but because Duel is primetime Saturday night and Goldenballs does very well for an afternoon slot, one's a failure and the other one is the second coming. I was at the pilot for Goldenballs, didn't think it was all that and was more than surprised to see it do as well as it does.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 06:52:53 AM by Brig Bother »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Duel Ratings
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 02:10:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' post=\'178502\' date=\'Feb 22 2008, 03:50 AM\']
Yes, tongue firmly in cheek well done. But actually you're missing the point a bit, our accelerators serve a much more visual purpose - you've pressed it, it's gone, ergo it's pretty simple for players to know how many they have left. Visual AND tactile? Awesome.[/quote]
And if your contestants can't count to two, should they be on the show? :)

There's a happy medium here, I think: it would be pretty trivial to make these cylinders acrylic or some other plastic that can be used as a prism, and then install LEDs in the desk under them that only light upon lock-in. That way you get the cool (subdued, and functional) lighting effect and the tactile thing with the cylinders actually being there.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe