Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Debating Game Question...  (Read 5448 times)

gsfan85

Debating Game Question...
« on: September 28, 2003, 06:06:48 PM »
Hey everyone,

Besides a few weekends, I'm up in college now in Connecticut, and I don't get GSN.  I tape things at home, so I've gotten a little confused about some of the things on GSN.  This will probably be a dumb question to many people, but Who Wants to be Governor of California?  The Debating Game is only a one time special right?  Just making sure if I only tape it on Wednesday I'll get everything I need.

Thanks!
Adam

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 06:08:08 PM »
It'll be rerun almost every day for about a week after the first airing.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 08:05:08 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 28 2003, 06:08 PM\'] It'll be rerun almost every day for about a week after the first airing. [/quote]
 ....giving you more CHANCES to tape it.   But the answer to your specific question is yes, it's just the one program.   So if you get it once, you've got it.  On election night they're going to have some live elements related to the election, so if you're a completist, you might want to get that night as well.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

gsfan85

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2003, 08:48:24 PM »
What night and time is it airing on election night?  Is that the same night that the 3rd season episode of Lingo airs along with The New Dating Game?

Thanks!
Adam

WhammyPower

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 12:47:09 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Sep 28 2003, 07:48 PM\'] What night and time is it airing on election night?  Is that the same night that the 3rd season episode of Lingo airs along with The New Dating Game? [/quote]
It's airing Oct. 1st at 8E/7C... and for some odd reason, my school won't let me access www.gsn.com for proof.  :-(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 12:47:20 PM by WhammyPower »

Don Howard

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 02:18:16 PM »
It's airing Oct. 1st at 8E/7C...

Actually, it starts at 9:00 Eastern time. I know it for sure. I've seen the promo at least 100 times in the last three days and I don't even watch GSN that much. By the way, GSN's online schedule has Lingo and Match Game PM for that date and time. Guess somebody hasn't seen the promos. Perhaps they should run them more often.

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 03:54:56 PM »
Thanks to AdLink, here's most of those airings:

Wed. 10/1--9 p.m. and midnight ET
Thurs. 10/2--4 p.m. (preceding the premiere of \"GSN Video Games\"), 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. ET
Fri. 10/3--11 p.m. and 2 a.m. ET
Sat.  10/4--4 p.m., 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. ET
Sun. 10/5--2 p.m., 9 p.m. and midnight ET (bookending a repeat of \"Big Bucks:  The 'Press Your Luck' Scandal\")

And on Tues.:

9 p.m. ET--Gary Coleman falls through a hole on \"Russian Roulette\"
9:30 p.m. ET--Preview of the new set and Chuck's new sidekick (and four candidate-contestants) on \"Lingo\"
10 p.m. ET--Next-to-last airing of \"Debating Game\"
11 p.m. ET--Live coverage of the results and the winner of the $21,200 contribution, hosted by Kennedy
11:30 p.m. ET--AHN-old plays \"The New Dating Game\" from 1974

Repeats that evening from midnight ET.