Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Woolery speaks on Merv  (Read 2915 times)

comicus

Woolery speaks on Merv
« on: November 26, 2007, 01:11:34 AM »
If this was previously mentioned here, I missed it...

Chuck Woolery was a guest on a Podcast called The Strip on November 8th along with Bob Eubanks.  The site sent out a press release yesterday touting the interview.  Supposedly this is the first time Woolery has chosen to give his side of the story, as he evidently didn't want to so long as Merv Griffin was alive.

Thought some folks here might be interested... it's probably all common knowledge to the majority of you.  I didn't know the part about Merv being upset with the network for offering to pay the difference between what Griffin's contract offered and what Woolery demanded.

Johnissoevil

Woolery speaks on Merv
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 01:18:36 AM »
[quote name=\'CountdownRound\' post=\'170519\' date=\'Nov 26 2007, 01:11 AM\']

Chuck Woolery was a guest on a Podcast called The Strip on November 8th along with Bob Eubanks.  The site sent out a press release yesterday touting the interview.  Supposedly this is the first time Woolery has chosen to give his side of the story, as he evidently didn't want to so long as Merv Griffin was alive.

Thought some folks here might be interested... it's probably all common knowledge to the majority of you.  I didn't know the part about Merv being upset with the network for offering to pay the difference between what Griffin's contract offered and what Woolery demanded.
[/quote]

I remember something about NBC offering to pay the difference being mentioned on the WOF E! THS.  IIRC, Merv threatened to move the show to CBS if they had gone through with it.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

tjhornikel

Woolery speaks on Merv
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 09:54:37 PM »
[quote name=\'CountdownRound\' post=\'170519\' date=\'Nov 26 2007, 01:11 AM\']

[/quote]

Woolery left "Wheel"?  <ducking>
Tom Hornikel

I did NOT push Jim Peck. I just encouraged gravity.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Woolery speaks on Merv
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 11:10:47 PM »
If I were Merv Griffin, why would I be upset if NBC offered to pick up part of my emcee's salary? I don't get it. This may in fact have been part of CBS' arrangement with Barker, who negotiated directly with the network for his salary.

Kevin Prather

Woolery speaks on Merv
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 11:55:52 PM »
The only logic I can see, and I'm pulling this square from my rectum, is that maybe Merv didn't want Chuck's demands to be indulged, for fear it would lead to more demands? Does that make any sense?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Woolery speaks on Merv
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 12:49:32 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'170593\' date=\'Nov 26 2007, 08:55 PM\']
and I'm pulling this square from my rectum[/quote]
That's GOTTA hurt. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Woolery speaks on Merv
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 12:54:45 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'170595\' date=\'Nov 26 2007, 09:49 PM\']
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'170593\' date=\'Nov 26 2007, 08:55 PM\']
and I'm pulling this square from my rectum[/quote]
That's GOTTA hurt. :)
[/quote]
Yes, but oh, what a relief it is. :)

Jimmy Owen

Woolery speaks on Merv
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 07:12:14 AM »
Ironic how "Scrabble" had a similar "choose letters to fill in a word" format and Chuck Woolery, yet peacefully co-existed with WOF for five years on NBC.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.