Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's the most fanboy-ish game show fact you know?  (Read 23520 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

What's the most fanboy-ish game show fact you know?
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2007, 08:15:06 PM »
There are only three shows which have aired on GSN continuously, without interruption, for the network's entire history.  Newlywed Game, Jeopardy, and Family Feud.  And only Jeopardy has featured the same program series for it's entire run.  No series of FF or NG episodes has continually aired on the network.

xavier45

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2007, 08:21:53 PM »
Alex Trebek hosted 3 Game Shows at the same time in 1991. They of course were Classic Concentration, To Tell The Truth, and Jeopardy!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2007, 08:43:12 PM »
[quote name=\'CountdownRound\' post=\'169878\' date=\'Nov 18 2007, 05:07 PM\']
I've never been so grateful to just be a simple casual fan of game shows with a limited-at-best knowledge of the inner workings and obscure trivia tidbits of the genre.
[/quote]
http://bani.anime.net/o_rly.jpg
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jay Temple

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2007, 09:00:21 PM »
I remember the five-day winnings for Chuck Forrest, Bob Blake and Frank Spangenberg. ($72,800; $82,501; $102,597)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

DrBear

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2007, 09:16:22 PM »
I know that Allen Ludden is buried in Mineral Point, Wis.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

DJDustman

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2007, 09:18:23 PM »
[quote name=\'GameShowFan\' post=\'169841\' date=\'Nov 18 2007, 03:41 PM\']
The only time Hollywood Squares did not play a Secret Square game was during the "You Fool!" incident during Season 2.
[/quote]

In 1987, the first two weeks in Hollywood Florida saw no Secret Square playings either.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2007, 09:26:54 PM »
The only time Bonus Game can be played first is if it's played for a car.

dzinkin

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2007, 09:52:32 PM »
Does it count if you're revealing your game show geekiness to a fellow geek?

If so, another one: the final spin of the Joker's Wild $250,000 Tournament of Champions was Comedy Movies/Origins of Words/Art World.  I remember scaring the crap out of Mitch Groff when I told him that in IM; he'd just seen it from GSN and I recalled it from its original airing.

mcsittel

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2007, 09:54:42 PM »
Way too many of the couple's names who won houses on "Dream House", *and* the winning combination those who had instant wins won it with.

The first three instant wins:

Bob & Roxanna Maddox: 924
Lynn & Mark Hargill: 867
Susan & Lee Nelson: 916

First three house winners were not instant wins:

Jeff & Judy Abrams
Jim & Debi Barmundi
Nick & Holly Pappas

Yep... we all gotta have something.  And I *know* I'm not the only one who can recite way too many openings to game shows.

Matt

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2007, 10:07:48 PM »
Oh, that reminds me--in my youth (cough cough), I was far too fond of trying to figure out which pricing game on TPIR was going to be played based on the staging, prize reveals, etc. "Oh, look, three prizes, but the middle one is just a toaster--that must be Add 'Em Up."
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2007, 10:15:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'169895\' date=\'Nov 18 2007, 10:07 PM\']
Oh, that reminds me--in my youth (cough cough), I was far too fond of trying to figure out which pricing game on TPIR was going to be played based on the staging, prize reveals, etc. "Oh, look, three prizes, but the middle one is just a toaster--that must be Add 'Em Up."
[/quote]

YEAH. I was especially good at telling when they were getting ready to play Master Key or Ten Chances.

The split in the middle of the prize platform (it would break away to reveal a large prize like a car) was a dead giveaway, but no one watching knew it but me.

So the big door would open to reveal a luggage set and an encyclopedia and I'd be like "Car. There's a car."
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2007, 10:20:23 PM »
Both the daytime and nighttime runs of TPIR have two third episodes.

[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'169895\' date=\'Nov 18 2007, 10:07 PM\']
[/quote]
As if I needed to prove my dorkiness...is that supposed to be a serious description, or maybe a typo of "Line em Up?"  Because that's not even close to Add 'em Up.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2007, 10:21:42 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'169896\' date=\'Nov 18 2007, 10:15 PM\'][quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'169895\' date=\'Nov 18 2007, 10:07 PM\']
Oh, that reminds me--in my youth (cough cough), I was far too fond of trying to figure out which pricing game on TPIR was going to be played based on the staging, prize reveals, etc. "Oh, look, three prizes, but the middle one is just a toaster--that must be Add 'Em Up."[/quote]
YEAH. I was especially good at telling when they were getting ready to play Master Key or Ten Chances.

The split in the middle of the prize platform (it would break away to reveal a large prize like a car) was a dead giveaway, but no one watching knew it but me.

So the big door would open to reveal a luggage set and an encyclopedia and I'd be like "Car. There's a car."
[/quote]
Yes, but can you use the angle of the Turntable to predict Super Ball!! or Lucky $even?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 10:22:15 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

LA the DJ

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2007, 10:28:44 PM »
The couple times I've decided to expose my game show geekdom in public it was reciting the (old) TPiR ticket plug or the rules to Nick Double Dare from memory.
I've also mentioned a couple of the names of Price music cues in public before.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

pyrfan

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2007, 11:44:56 PM »
Name any celebrity, and I can tell you whether or not they were a guest on "Pyramid" from 1973 to 1991.

Brendan