Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The votes are in...  (Read 20223 times)

PYLW

The votes are in...
« on: November 17, 2007, 09:12:20 AM »
http://www.gsn.com/onair/

Check for Friday, I think you all will be very much surprised. :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 09:21:12 AM by PYLW »

Sodboy13

The votes are in...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:41:07 AM »
If not necessarily surprised, then pleased.  I haven't seen a full episode of Jackpot! in forever.  This is gonna be the '89 version, right?

And please, GSN, no Patrick Wayne or F. Lee Bailey on Bullseye.  I'd like to finally see that show for what it really was, as opposed to when I was watching reruns at age 7 and was just mesmerized by the spinny things and blinky lights.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

catnap1972

The votes are in...
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 09:55:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'169748\' date=\'Nov 17 2007, 09:41 AM\']
If not necessarily surprised, then pleased.  I haven't seen a full episode of Jackpot! in forever.  This is gonna be the '89 version, right?

And please, GSN, no Patrick Wayne or F. Lee Bailey on Bullseye.  I'd like to finally see that show for what it really was, as opposed to when I was watching reruns at age 7 and was just mesmerized by the spinny things and blinky lights.
[/quote]

Not saying that it means anything, but the commercial they've been running (with the brief clips) showed a civilian ep of Bullseye.

Speaking of which, that same commercial has a snippet of '70s Treasure Hunt with an older woman in a pink pantsuit who obviously had one of the gift boxes with the number in it.  Is it one of the three episodes GSN's aired in the past or could they surprise us with another one?

tvmitch

The votes are in...
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:19:02 AM »
That 3:30-6:30pm lineup right there is straight out of the Dark Period some 10 years ago. Great stuff. The Jackpot episode is a treat.

Those three hours wouldn't be a bad weekday or weekend morning lineup, either.

How long has it been since so many different vintage shows are on one week's lineup? Monty BtC, Trebek DD, Hot Potato, Jackpot, Pyramid...I don't think that we've had this in a long time, at least since one of the marathons where premieres or finales aired.
You should follow me on Twitter

chad1m

The votes are in...
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 11:42:15 AM »
I'm just really surprised, knowing the average GSN viewer, that I don't see any Lingo or Dog Eat Dog on here. The only original I wouldn't have minded seeing again was Friend or Foe?, but no originals are on here, period. Nice work, friends.

Chelsea Thrasher

The votes are in...
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 04:41:03 PM »
Un-freakin-believable.  I fully expected to see a lineup consisting mostly of the same ole' shit, with maybe a bit of TJW or TTD sprinkled in. *This?*  This is outstanding.

beatlefreak84

The votes are in...
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 05:07:14 PM »
Oh; I completely agree.  I was SHOCKED to see Jackpot?  Bullseye?  Treasure Hunt?  And not one single GSN original?  Not that I'm complaining, as the VCR will be getting quite a workout that day!  :)

But, I'm really curious:  I figured a lot of us were voting in shows like this, but the general GSN population was, too?  People would rather see Bullseye than Lingo?  Jackpot than Millionaire?  That is really surprising to me.  I'm certainly not going to expect more shows coming out of the vault on a regular basis, but I wonder if the higher-ups are taking note of the results, especially that, of the top 18 shows, not one was a GSN original.

Here's to a happy Thanksgiving...for all of us!  :)

/crossing fingers for a non-celebrity Bullseye...

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Chelsea Thrasher

The votes are in...
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 05:21:29 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' post=\'169778\' date=\'Nov 17 2007, 06:07 PM\'] top 18 shows,[/quote]

Top 20.  Marathon's ten hours.  20 shows.  

The more I look at it, the more the results, assuming they're progressing from worst-to-first in voting totals...look laregely upside-down.  Does anyone actually think Hot Potato is more popular than Match Game, Family Feud?  (Though I imagine the college demographic, given the chance, would love to see Bill tossing potatoes at contestants).  Take a look at the 2003 Feast results sometime or another (I'm sure they're around here somewhere using the search function).  I doubt the actual viewer opinion (aside from the nudges given to Bullseye and TJW) is much off from that.

But where *were* all the "average GSN viewers" that's always talked about.  Were they just not interested in voting?  Do they *actually* prefer Jackpot and Hot Potato over Match Game and Family Feud?  Or has GSN's viewership eroded so much that there's just not many of them left?   The way I was honestly expecting this to turn out was basically the first half of the marathon, minus Trivia Trap, plus LMAD, sprinkle in Millionaire, a couple originals, and maybe Pyramid, Wheel, and maybe TJW near the bottom, and there you go.  This was wholly unexpected, and I can't help but wonder just how the hell it happened.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 05:22:24 PM by Seth Thrasher »

saussage

The votes are in...
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:55 PM »
Can't wait to watch Jackpot. Maybe we're all ready for another run of Hot Potato? The last time they did they ran that series down to the ground to the point that I was happy to see it go away. I now hope the wait is over and not to overheat those 8-tracks for another round. On a series like Hot Potato that lasted for under 1 year, they cannot run it on a 5-day weekday skid; repeats would occur too quick. Play it once per week or use it for weekends only.
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

Jimmy Owen

The votes are in...
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 01:43:21 AM »
The demographic that participates in internet polls is different than the demographic that watches GSN.  Women are the target audience of game shows and the shows are designed to appeal to them.  Yet on our forum, there are but a handful of females of the species participating.  I think it's cool that GSN does the poll, but I don't think it necessarily reflects the opinion of all GSN viewers.

Besides, most women will be out shopping on Friday rather than plunked down in front of the tube, so even if they were interested they wouldn't be watching anyway.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

HYHYBT

The votes are in...
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 02:34:12 AM »
(Though I imagine the college demographic, given the chance, would love to see Bill tossing potatoes at contestants).
No, please, PLEASE no...
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Craig Karlberg

The votes are in...
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 03:33:25 AM »
This is truly a surprise.  Not one GSN original...Great!  Not that I'm conplaining but this certainly makes me wanna feast on GSN this Friday.  I may not watch all 10 hours, but at least I'll see some shows I haven't seen in years like Jackpot! even if it's from 1989 or Treasure Hunt("Jamaca mistake?").  I haven't had a chance to really watch some serious GSN since they had those neat interactive games like Trivia Track & Super Decades.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
The votes are in...
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 06:17:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'169802\' date=\'Nov 17 2007, 10:43 PM\']The demographic that participates in internet polls...[/quote]Can you actually back any of this up, or is it just empty speculation and stereotyping?
Travis L. Eberle

Jimmy Owen

The votes are in...
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 06:51:02 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'169859\' date=\'Nov 18 2007, 06:17 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'169802\' date=\'Nov 17 2007, 10:43 PM\']The demographic that participates in internet polls...[/quote]Can you actually back any of this up, or is it just empty speculation and stereotyping?
[/quote]

You don't think Women 25-54 voted for "Bullseye," do you?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 06:52:41 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
The votes are in...
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 11:02:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'169861\' date=\'Nov 18 2007, 03:51 PM\']You don't think Women 25-54 voted for "Bullseye," do you?[/quote]I don't know. I don't claim to know what the demographics were. I'm just calling you out for saying that women are too interested in 6am doorbuster sales to watch game shows.
Travis L. Eberle