Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Crosswords Close to Sinking? Colbert Speaks.  (Read 21256 times)

tvwxman

Crosswords Close to Sinking? Colbert Speaks.
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2008, 07:44:46 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'176401\' date=\'Jan 27 2008, 06:25 AM\']
[quote name=\'rbc101\' post=\'176396\' date=\'Jan 27 2008, 02:04 AM\']
Well, I'm delighted to report that WNBC, New York has renewed "Merv Griffin's Crosswords" and that we will be back for a second year. There is no question that performance has been modest, particularly in NY and LA where we air head-to-head against both Oprah and Judge Judy, but or national number continues to grow and we saw some strong performances in many mid-sized and smaller markets in thr November book. We've received some very constructive feedback from viewers, focus groups and stations and I believe year two will be better than ever.  Thanks, Ritch Colbert, Program Partners
[/quote]
Congradulations on having your Second Season buried at 1:35am on 'most of this NBC stations'.

These local NBC O&O's getting saddled with this better pray that syndie Deal delivers quickly, otherwise both will end up buried in overnight quickly.
[/quote]

Bumping this up to announce that, yes, while WNBC is airing season 2 of this, there is no way they're going air this as their early news lead in.

In fact, they're not even waiting until Fall.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02122008/tv/el...rah_2_97194.htm
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

rbc101

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2008, 11:45:38 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'176401\' date=\'Jan 27 2008, 06:25 AM\']
[quote name=\'rbc101\' post=\'176396\' date=\'Jan 27 2008, 02:04 AM\']
Well, I'm delighted to report that WNBC, New York has renewed "Merv Griffin's Crosswords" and that we will be back for a second year. There is no question that performance has been modest, particularly in NY and LA where we air head-to-head against both Oprah and Judge Judy, but or national number continues to grow and we saw some strong performances in many mid-sized and smaller markets in thr November book. We've received some very constructive feedback from viewers, focus groups and stations and I believe year two will be better than ever.  Thanks, Ritch Colbert, Program Partners
[/quote]
Congradulations on having your Second Season buried at 1:35am on 'most of this NBC stations'.

These local NBC O&O's getting saddled with this better pray that syndie Deal delivers quickly, otherwise both will end up buried in overnight quickly.
[/quote]

The series will air on WNBC at either 11:00AM or 3:00PM and not "buried" in late night.

tvwxman

« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2008, 10:26:13 PM »
[quote name=\'rbc101\' post=\'178112\' date=\'Feb 18 2008, 11:45 AM\']
The series will air on WNBC at either 11:00AM or 3:00PM and not "buried" in late night.
[/quote]

Ritch, I wish you and the staff of "Crosswords" the best of luck in your sophomore season.  And I'm glad the show will be airing in Market #1 at a time that viewers can still find it.  Special thanks to "In the Loop with IVilliage" for ensuring that the NBC O&O's now have an extra hour to plug with syndicated fare this fall.

I hope you are taking the constructive feedback from viewers like myself and addressing what is, unfortunately, a broken game format. 22 minutes of "...Here's Your Next Clue..." repeated endlessly from a, unfortunately, hollow host, is not good solid television. I think many here will agree, but I can't nor won't speak for them. That's just constructive feedback from a guy who not only loves, appreciates, and studies the game show genre, but has also spent many, many years working in television.

I am, by the way, available to discuss, and consult. I have more ideas that I'm happy to share to help improve the show. My resume has plenty of game show experience both in front of and behind the camera. It's nowhere near the same level as being an Executive Producer of a syndicated show, but it is more than what the casual viewer offers.  Please feel free to email me if you'd like.

Continued success in Year 2.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:27:35 PM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"